Status
Not open for further replies.
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
It's so telling how in a harmless thread telling women to please be careful out there a mod runs in here and completely unprovoked states his grievances with violence against women being acknowledged. The fact that you are a moderator is just a testament to the tone of misogyny on this forum. The comments on this harmless thread are also a testament to it also. I'm not interested in debating with any males who have such mentalities so respond at your own volition; it's a shame you can't block mods honestly.
Don't forget, the founders of SS were also founders of an incel site...

This is in no way a reference to the current admin/mods.

• Love
Reactions: blueclover_., stygal and BeautifulMosaics
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
quote "men are more likely to be victims"
"In 2019, the number of male and female violent crime victims was about even, with about 1,579,530 male victims and 1,479,540 female victims."

I know he is talking about the victims. I mentioned men are more likely to commit violent crime to clarify that women are less likely to violently attack and rape men.
But that's not the point anyone was arguing. There was no need to clarify that because no one had claimed the opposite.

Reactions: Grey-zoner
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I am not misogynist like you accuse me of as I started by acknowledging the reality of violence against women. It just saddens me when grievances are politicized in a manner that isolate us from one another. I believe we should stand up for all our grievances as collective men, women, old, young, black, white, natives, arabs, asians, christians, muslims, hindus, buddists,athiests, gays, trans. We all should stick for each other when we feel at attack without having to isolate ourselves and making one group is the ultimate victim and who dares to say something like I am attemting to say the right out get accused of being misogynist??! Isolating ourselves further serves nothing but more paranoia and endless schism and hate. Just because i dare insinuate that i become a misogynist . Thank you for your kindness

Tip: keep on politicizing and isolating your specific issue and see if you will gain a true sympathy from the rest of the world if you are competing with other groups for the ultimate victim trophy instead of learning to sympathize with one another. This is bullshit
Thank you. Well put. I don't understand why specific grisly cases need to be publicised on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey-zoner
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
[Mod note: Quoted content deleted]

I don't think this is a good analogy to this situation. This was generally applicable "advice" applied to a specific group. Like going "Hey, women, brush your teeth if you don't wanna get cavities!" The most natural reaction to such a sentence would be, "why just women?" You're gonna get a response like that every single time and diagnosing someone as a misogynist based on that is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: whatevs, Bahbah Blacksheep, Grey-zoner and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
As far as I know, women are the victim of sexual violence at a higher rate than men, and men are the victim of deadly violence at a higher rate than women.

As others have pointed out, some people like to zoom in on women as a group when discussing serious issues like these, which leaves out everyone else. It's like reporting on the sinking of the Titanic and only saying that X amount of women died.

Of course, all issues that affect women should be taken seriously, but the same goes for men. If you think about it, why does the news always say "X amount of women and Y amount of children died" whenever they report on a horrific situation, while leaving out the men?

Likely, the disregard for men is a societal construct, since they are the disposable gender when it comes to war and such. We seldom hear of the death of men caused by wars.

By the way, what about those who identify as neither women nor men - like the trans community, for example? Where do they fit into the picture? Don't they deserve any sympathy?

Also, to the women - arm yourselves the best you can, but don't rely on the police helping you. I'm no expert, but it's probably best not to rely on any spray either. Take a knife with you, or something similar.

Addendum:

Try to keep each other company while being outside - especially at night, and don't travel to unknown territories without a safe space to take shelter in. As some have said, society is facing harsh social and financial circumstances, which may make people act in unpredictable ways. In addition to that, don't travel to lesser travelled countries in the Middle East, for example, while thinking that you will be met with praise - some women who travelled there recently have even died there.

If we are unlucky - and this isn't completely unlikely - we might be heading into a kill-or-be-killed kind of society, and you will be on your own, and no kind of media organization will care to help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: blueclover_., Grey-zoner and Snake of Eden
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Someone writes a post about the suffering of men that may apply to women
Men's response: full support
Women's response: support without bringing up women issues or pointing out that the same issues apply to women

Someone writes a post about the suffering of women that may apply to men
Women's response: full support
Men's response: Some will support. Many will gaslight the women and talk about men issues and why the same issues apply to men

• Love
Reactions: OceanBlue, Mixo, settheory and 5 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
This won't change ignorant members' minds, but femicide is a real thing:
Thank you. Well put. I don't understand why specific grisly cases need to be publicised on here.

Thank you. Well put. I don't see the need to publicise specific gruesome cases.
Because some people haven't heard of these, and maybe it will cause enough concern to save a member from being attacked or killed. Too bad if it offends you - how do you think these victims and their families felt. Look at how many female ss members have been victims of violence - how many are here because they were.

If this thread helps even one person, it's 100% worth it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, blueclover_., Crazy4u and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I find the whole "battle of the sexes" discussion so unproductive. Especially in this place. It always devolves into who suffers the most, who's to blame, who kills themselves the most, statistics/denial of statistics, etc.

As long as no generalization is being made, let's just acknowledge each other's suffering and move on. It's absolutely true that misogyny shows itself in more violent and vile visible ways. And this is a thread about women.

However, I do have a problem with this thread, and it's the sensationalism in which these articles are written, it's honestly disgusting the way they exploit these victims to get some clicks. Feels no different from the way these corporate media sites have exploited suicides from members of this forum in the past.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Élégie, Mixo, whatevs and 13 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
If you are a vulnerable person walking the streets my suggestions would be, stick with crowds, keep in well lit areas, carry an attack alarm, mace, or whatever is legal and learn some basic self defence manoeuvres. And if you all else fails, run and scream like a motherfucker.

Reactions: ncmxm, blueclover_., summers and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
It's so telling how in a harmless thread telling women to please be careful out there a mod runs in here and completely unprovoked states his grievances with violence against women being acknowledged. The fact that you are a moderator is not only disturbing but also a testament to the tone of misogyny on this forum. The comments on this harmless thread are a testament to it also. I'm not interested in debating with any males who hold such mentalities so respond at your own volition; it's a shame you can't block mods honestly.
You are too naive to think people and especially men who proactively bring up issues specifically that isolate women as victims, do so genuinely. This type of segregating rhetoric is an old time tactic of virtue signalling at best and divide and conquer. It is an outdated and exposed technique to gather people around behind a "good" cause to make yourself look good while not really addressing the root causes of the problem. Just you saying "i am not debating with any males…" shows a prejudicious mentality in that only males will question this type political rhetoric even when they are actively acknowledging reality of violence against women. You need to re-examine your own prejudices before attacking others for their views and just as I am a mod which is a job I take seriously does not mean I represent anyone other than myself when I am speaking up as a member and if you have a problem with anything that I have to say you could report it to other mods to investigate as there are women who are mods here and unlike you claim about the forum they wouldn't allow real misoogyny to run rampant In the forum because they are decent people.

• Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, whatevs, justsayin and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
If you are a vulnerable person walking the streets my suggestions would be, stick with crowds, keep in well lit areas, carry an attack alarm, mace, or whatever is legal and learn some basic self defence manoeuvres. And if you all else fails, run and scream like a motherfucker.
One thing I have heard over and over is don't take self defense classes. Self-defense doesn't work. Learn to fight under pressure. That's mma, boxing, Muay Thai, or bjj. Krav maga, or any other "self defense" that doesn't allow you to go full out is worthless. I believe this. The first time I had my nose broken in a fight, I froze and got my ass kicked. The second time I got hit in the face, bloody nose and I just shook it off. Same thing when I took bjj. The first time someone chokes you for real, you have no idea how much it hurts, how hard it is to put up any resistance.
You are too naive to think people and especially men who proactively bring up issues specifically that isolate women as victims, do so genuinely. This type of segregating rhetoric is an old time tactic of virtue signalling at best and divide and conquer. It is an outdated and exposed technique to gather people around behind a "good" cause to make yourself look good while not really addressing the root causes of the problem. Just you saying "i am not debating with any males…" shows a prejudicious mentality in that only males will question this type political rhetoric even when they are actively acknowledging reality of violence against women. You need to re-examine your own prejudices before attacking others for their views and just as I am a mod which is a job I take seriously does not mean I represent anyone other than myself when I am speaking up as a member and if you have a problem with anything that I have to say you could report it to other mods to investigate as there are women who are mods here and unlike you claim about the forum they wouldn't allow real misoogyny to run rampant In the forum because they are decent people.
Why are you so against women being more alert to dangers specific to them? Would you rather this thread got deleted, a female ss member didn't see it, and something bad happen to them.

This thread could have been 100% positive, just seems like a lot of bad things have been happening to women lately, so be careful. What's so bad about that?

It's like you just can't acknowledge that women are at a higher risk of SOME types of assault and violence than men. And in typical male fashion, you have to make it about yourself rather than who this was designed to help.

Reminds me of male lawmakers who dictate whether women should have the right to abortions. It's not your issue, either support it or find some other thread to comment in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
The first one-Ashling Murphy- is in my country, it's all over the news at the moment, it happened in a really small, safe, countryside town… so shocking and sad :(

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
The articles seem sensationalist. I think many men like to put on a "female defender" guise, because it makes them look and feel good. Domestic violence rates in the US are lower than they were 30 years ago, but it's still a major issue. In any case, I don't think "ladies" need to be reminded to "be careful", most are already acutely aware of having to deal with creepy men on a daily or weekly basis.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The articles seem sensationalist.
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what those victims were thinking as they were being raped, stabbed, shot, and ran over by a train. Like, "don't even bother reporting this, it's not important."
I think many men like to put on a "female defender" guise, because it makes them look and feel good.
That may be true. I'm no white knight. I'm not here to save anyone. Just want to provide info for people to make informed decisions.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Not to undermine the reality of violence against women but i dont see the reason behind this specific isolation of the issue as if it is an emerging phenomena in our times Or ever. How about everyone just be careful out there and watch out for their wellbeing as well as their loved ones instead?
as a woman, I used to disagree with this way of thinking about this issue but then I tried to imagine if I had a son.. I'd rather want him to grow up in a world that says "all lives matter" than "women's life matter".

Edit: Part of me still don't think it's completely appropriate way of thinkinh since women are clearly more likely to be victims (despite what our incels friends are desperate to believe). It's more logical to focus the attention on women.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fragile
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Is this thread still salvageable or has it been derailed so much that open discussion regarding the topic has become an exercise in futility at this point?

Yes, there are issues specific to men
Yes, there are issues specific to women

This thread is about women. Let's stay on topic and not keep getting distracted.

Reactions: Élégie, fatefulstillness, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thank you for your info, I was not aware of any of these Sigh…..

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Not having kids, this really doesn't cross my mind, but don't trust guys around kids either. (There are so many ss members' stories that could confirm this one).

Hope she gets paid!

Only 6 years in jail for killing his pregnant gf...

No one is going to shed one tear for this piece of shit

Because they don't give a fuck that he killed a woman. Guarantee if he was accused of securities fraud, they would have 10 cops on him at all times...

• Aww..
Reactions: Crazy4u and LADY007
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Because they don't give a fuck that he killed a woman. Guarantee if he was accused of securities fraud, they would have 10 cops on him at all times...
They can't find a little white girl in the woods, but they can find a gram of weed between a playa's nutsack. :hmph:
maxresdefault.jpg

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
It's so telling how in a harmless thread telling women to please be careful out there a mod runs in here and completely unprovoked states his grievances with violence against women being acknowledged. The fact that you are a moderator is not only disturbing but also a testament to the tone of misogyny on this forum. The comments on this harmless thread are a testament to it also. I'm not interested in debating with any males who hold such mentalities so respond at your own volition; it's a shame you can't block mods honestly.
Agreed.

Damn that person is clueless, SHOULD NOT BE A MOD bc they will not be able to spot and moderate covert misogyny and other forms of discrimination.

----

'Be careful' is not a good message, women ARE constantly being careful and go out of their way to avoid being harmed by men.

We should focus on boys and men and teach them to respect girls and women, tell them not to r@pe, make sure they understand consent. Especially if you're a man, call other men out when they make sexist jokes, disrespectful remarks - it's important.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, Mixo, absoluteanimal1 and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Because of the overlap of content for this and the People = Shit thread, I think I'm going to only update that one going forward. Thank you for everyone who contributed to this thread and showed concern for female ss members.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/people-shit-thread-warning-will-have-graphic-content.83134/

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
The last post is pure misogyny, which adds to violence towards women and girls. I hope the mods see a problem with it.

Reactions: Crazy4u, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Mixo and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
In my experience women are among the worst two-faced facades ever seem, women are never honest with men and only truly show themselves as they truly are to other women of their close friends group.
This is revolting but as breathtakingly rancid as it is l hope it isn't deleted, because the next time somebody denies misogyny exists on this forum and demands that evidence of it is presented, this post is absolutely Exhibit A.

Reactions: OceanBlue, Somber, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I find the whole "battle of the sexes" discussion so unproductive. Especially in this place. It always devolves into who suffers the most, who's to blame, who kills themselves the most, statistics/denial of statistics, etc.

As long as no generalization is being made, let's just acknowledge each other's suffering and move on. It's absolutely true that misogyny shows itself in more violent and vile visible ways. And this is a thread about women.

However, I do have a problem with this thread, and it's the sensationalism in which these articles are written, it's honestly disgusting the way they exploit these victims to get some clicks. Feels no different from the way these corporate media sites have exploited suicides from members of this forum in the past.

I remember @GoodPersonEffed told us it was the main source of disagreement back in 2019. Then other battles followed. What's the point of making incendiary
posts if everyone is triggered after that. What's more, it seems some people only react in off topic, which I find completely weird on a suicide forum. If you want to show your self-righteousness, do it on another place.

DeathSaves

DeathSaves

Apr 19, 2019
As for me, i'm probably getting badmouthed (or badtyped) for not sticking with the supremacy movement, and some people will try to remove any validity to my claims... Just like a propaganda machine would do, of course, but i'm sure that just a coincidence, of corse (sic)...

Well... I knew the propaganda machine wouldn't stand still as someone actually went against it, but that was fast.

The last post is pure misogyny, which adds to violence towards women and girls. I hope the mods see a problem with it.

I'm sure you'd rather have any opposing arguments erased and censored, but let me just raise a question: isn't that precisely what a propaganda group would do?

You're trying to silence an opposing voice, urging others to shut me up as though i went against a superior group, one that can't be questioned, and the very fact that you won't ask others to consider whether this is true or not rationally sounds highly suspicious... Should anyone who questions the validity of the points presented in this topic truly get censored and persecuted outright?

My post wasn't aggressive, and still you treat it as though it's outright statement against a god/deity, it's not a 'i highly disagree', it's more like i wrote some blasphemy that should be nullified. I think that says something of and own its own, but i'll just leave the points i raised here and invite others to think for themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
@Amumu Can you elaborate a bit, what self-righteousness, who is triggered?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Getting straight to the point, i'm afraid this is a rather femist (as in, female supremacy movement) topic, not to mention a rather misandric one. This whole propaganda that women have been innocent victims has been used time and time again to promote a whole social model where women actually rule and get served by men, all through convincing the latter group that they're always harming the former, and should try to serve and protect that former group.

That's indoctrinating a group into servitude, and outright wrong. In my experience women are among the worst two-faced facades ever seem, women are never honest with men and only truly show themselves as they truly are to other women of their close friends group. Most men never come to truly know their female friends and lovers.
While i do agree that uh it feels rather nice to have half of the world's population as my servants, that's like begging for society to implode, overall. But still, as long as i look pretty, men will do almost anything i ask them to, and while if feels nice, it also feels too oppressive to be carried on: i don't want society to do this to me, how can i support this being done to others?

For those interested in learning more about the female propaganda machine and how it works, i recommend you to look for those books along with their backstories, they're quite fun (more like sarcastically so, but still... ) to look about:

Esther Villar and her 'The Manipulated Man': written by a woman, this book has granted her a gazillion death threats from Other women and earned Villar being ignored by most of the USA's academic.

Chinweizu and his 'Anatomy of Female Power': written by a nigerian anthropologist, iirc, this is a book that got banned from being published in the USA, the land of freedom of speech. Doesn't this say a lot? Also, it details how men are socially trained from birth to serve women, and how women think and act like a gang, and a violent one at that. This book is highly recommended and full of insight, but it might make you feel rather bad as man, because it's quite to the point.

'The Predatory Female' by Lawrence Shannon is something of a Q&A book that also details a lot of how women think and act, and it doesn't feel nice at all.

'If Men Have All the Power How Come Women Make the Rules' by Jack Kammer details how men are indoctrinated to feel bad about themselves, like, well, all of the time. I think men should think about a culture that forces them into the role a wrongdoer from birth, but that, as they say, is that...

I recommend people going that way to be as critical as possible, because while some books are quite scientific in their descriptions of what's (been) going on (for centuries...?), and the above mentioned books are quite precise in what they describe, others books might indeed be misogynistic. But aren't those the direct result of all the social war going on? Still, not everything isn't too emotional, so try taking other books with a grain of salt. Or two.

As for me, i'm probably getting badmouthed (or badtyped) for not sticking with the supremacy movement, and some people will try to remove any validity to my claims... Just like a propaganda machine would do, of course, but i'm sure that just a coincidence, of corse (sic)... But what the emphasis, i'd rather stay away from both sides and let them kill each other.

Still, for those who want to know more about the truth, here are a few resources. Good luck, you'll need it.

Peace.
Is this a copypasta?

That's indoctrinating a group into servitude, and outright wrong. In my experience women are among the worst two-faced facades ever seem, women are never honest with men and only truly show themselves as they truly are to other women of their close friends group. Most men never come to truly know their female friends and lovers.
While i do agree that uh it feels rather nice to have half of the world's population as my servants, that's like begging for society to implode, overall. But still, as long as i look pretty, men will do almost anything i ask them to, and while if feels nice, it also feels too oppressive to be carried on: i don't want society to do this to me, how can i support this being done to others?
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you a man or a woman?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Well... I knew the propaganda machine wouldn't stand still as someone actually went against it, but that was fast.

I'm sure you'd rather have any opposing arguments erased and censored, but let me just raise a question: isn't that precisely what a propaganda group would do?

You're trying to silence an opposing voice, urging others to shut me up as though i went against a superior group, and the very fact that you won't ask others to consider whether this is true or not rationally sounds highly suspicious... Should anyone who questions the validity of the points presented in this topic truly get censored and persecuted outright?

My post wasn't aggressive, and still you treat it as though it's outright statement against a god/deity. I think that says something of and own its own, but i'll just leave the points i raised here and invite others to think for themselves.
Yeah it's raw misogyny, people being disgusted by it is not a "propaganda machine", it's just people Exercising Their Right To Free Speech by calling it what the fuck it is.

Reactions: Crazy4u, Somber and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

You're trying to silence an opposing voice, urging others to shut me up as though i went against a superior group, and the very fact that you won't ask others to consider whether this is true or not rationally sounds highly suspicious... Should anyone who questions the validity of the points presented in this topic truly get censored and persecuted outright?

My post wasn't aggressive, and still you treat it as though it's outright statement against a god/deity. I think that says something of and own its own, but i'll just leave the points i raised here and invite others to think for themselves.
Thank you for inviting me.
I think what you have to say is utterly preposterous.

Btw did you reply to your own self?

Status
Not open for further replies.