Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathSaves

DeathSaves

Apr 19, 2019
Me? I'm Fall from Grace.

Yeah it's raw misogyny, people being disgusted by it is not a "propaganda machine", it's just people Exercising Their Right To Free Speech by calling it what the fuck it is.

Interesting; Voltaire was a great role model when it comes to debates and thinking, for he would say that 'I may not agree with a word you said, but I'll stand by your right to say it". While you claim to celebrate something supposed to be the right of free speech, amazingly enough, you also make sure to try to deny me such right from the beginning.

I think this means that you don't celebrate free speech at all, but merely demonstrates that you want free speech solely for yourself, but oh, well.

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I've been thinking about getting a weapon after this dude followed me on my bike in the evening once. It was around 10pm and he was driving way under the speed limit to keep parallel with me. I stopped and then he stopped at the same time, so I rode off into a hospital parking lot to lose him. It was really intimidating.

Another time I was heading home from the grocery store and this dude kept driving ahead of me and then parking his truck 20 seconds ahead of where I was, then driving again and parking ahead of where I was. I cut through a park with a bike trail in order to avoid him.

I used to go on walks to get fresh air and exercise but three times dudes pulled up trying to see if I needed a ride or something, it was always really offputting. Or they honked as they drove past which was a lot more frequent and embarrassing.

But because of my terrible mental health record I can't buy a gun after a judge ordered me into a psychiatric hold for some weeks. I don't know what I should get instead, I was thinking of one of those big knives that can be holstered under my shirt, or an expandable baton thing. But I'm worried I'm such a wimp that if push came to shove I wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, archipelago, whatevs and 8 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Me? I'm Fall from Grace.

Interesting; Voltaire was a great role model when it comes to debates and thinking, for he would say that 'I may not agree with a word you said, but I'll stand by your right to say it". While you claim to celebrate something supposed to be the right of free speech, amazingly enough, you also make sure to try to deny me such right from the beginning.

I think this means that you don't celebrate free speech at all, but merely demonstrate that you want free speech solely for yourself, but oh, well.
Free speech means you can say the government are arseholes in public. Nobody is impeding that. What is being pointed out here is that this is not the place for shitty misogyny manifestos and people will, as they should, make those who insist on their right to use a shared environment as their platform for hateful rhetoric very unwelcome.

Fwiw this whole thread is ill-advised, not sure what is gained from starting a thread along the lines "M'ladies, l lmplore Ye To Render Your Own Safety A Paramount Concern" before spamming it with his favourite news reports on violence against women.

• Yay!
Reactions: NumbItAll and OrcWitch
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
You are too naive to think people and especially men who proactively bring up issues specifically that isolate women as victims, do so genuinely. This type of segregating rhetoric is an old time tactic of virtue signalling at best and divide and conquer. It is an outdated and exposed technique to gather people around behind a "good" cause to make yourself look good while not really addressing the root causes of the problem. Just you saying "i am not debating with any males…" shows a prejudicious mentality in that only males will question this type political rhetoric even when they are actively acknowledging reality of violence against women. You need to re-examine your own prejudices before attacking others for their views and just as I am a mod which is a job I take seriously does not mean I represent anyone other than myself when I am speaking up as a member and if you have a problem with anything that I have to say you could report it to other mods to investigate as there are women who are mods here and unlike you claim about the forum they wouldn't allow real misoogyny to run rampant In the forum because they are decent people.
-Some men are genuinely pro-feminist, it's scary you can't wrap your head around it.

-It's not 'divide and conquer' because the division aready exists and one side has structural power and another does not, which results in oppression. Prejudice from the oppressed side does not result in discrimination.

-This is real misogyny, it can be overt or covert like in your case; you don't just represent yourself with these posts, because you will use the same mindset to moderate the forum, so you represent the current state of the forum and what members can expect from you and this forum in the future.

I am definitely reporting you, this is unacceptable.

Me? I'm Fall from Grace.

I think this means that you don't celebrate free speech at all, but merely demonstrates that you want free speech solely for yourself, but oh, well.
How many times do we have to repeat that the free speech concept does not apply to hate speech. The paradox of tolerance.

Reactions: Crazy4u, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Mixo and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Oh no, men are not as much as risk, they are much more at risk. 90% of homicide victims worldwide are men.

Finally! Actual misogyny. There you have it, leftist dumb-dumbs, this is legit misogyny, no calling you out on your bullshit "epidemic of feminicides" threads like some users have rightly done. You fell for one of the most obvious and boring social engineering schemes of our era.

Before the COVID charade my country ran every single day their counting script in the "news" of the "yearly victims of male violence" which laughably never amounted to more than 2% of yearly suicides (which the COVID charade/tyranny has boosted considerably), but they never talked about it. This is what social engineering is, use an emotionally charged subject to galvanize people into accepting or demanding institutional change.
This post says much more about you than it does about anything in this thread tbqh.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Fwiw this whole thread is ill-advised, not sure what is gained from starting a thread along the lines "M'ladies, l lmplore Ye To Render Your Own Safety A Paramount Concern" before spamming it with his favourite news reports on violence against women.
I agree that the message is a bit misguided and it was scary for me to find out that some people seek these stories out to get off on them, but at the same time we should do better at remembering what other people had gone through in life, we forget too fast.

DeathSaves

DeathSaves

Apr 19, 2019
Free speech means you can say the government are arseholes in public. Nobody is impeding that. What is being pointed out here is that this is not the place for shitty misogyny manifestos and people will, as they should, make those who insist on their right to use a shared environment as their platform for hateful rhetoric very unwelcome.

Well, free spech is something that i think should be outright celebrated, and given that from the start you've been seeding quiet suggestions that my posting should be erased from existence, i think you sound quite contradictory here.
Besides, if anyone questioning this modus operandi is getting to be misogynistic, or so you try to portray it as, as though this is nearly an unquestionable truth, this just proves my points that we have quite an active propaganda machine here.

Anyway, you're probably going to follow the pattern where you try to get the last word and post in order to try forcing your point across, but personally, i've made my point and am leaving it here, given that i have piles of books to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I agree that the message is a bit misguided and it was scary for me to find out that some people seek these stories out to get off on them, but at the same time we should do better at remembering what other people had gone through in life, we forget too fast.
Yeah l just find the thread premise absolutely unnecessary in that l doubt any woman on here needs to be informed, by a man, about the possibility of sexual violence in such a lurid way. I find it inauthentic, tbqhwy.
Well, free spech is something that i think should be outright celebrated, and given that from the start you've been seeding quiet suggestions that my posting should be erased from existence, i think you sound quite contradictory here.
Besides, if anyone questioning this modus operandi is getting to be misogynistic, or so you try to portray it as, as though this is nearly an unquestionable truth, this just proves my points that we have quite an active propaganda machine here.

Anyway, you're probably going to follow the pattern where you try to get the last word and post in order to try forcing your point across, but personally, i've made my point and am leaving it here, giving that i have piles of books to read.
Mate l literally said your post should be preserved and not deleted, also lay off with the phoney academia aesthetic, you're nowhere near smart enough to fool anyone with that shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I've been thinking about getting a weapon after this dude followed me on my bike in the evening once. It was around 10pm and he was driving way under the speed limit to keep parallel with me. I stopped and then he stopped at the same time, so I rode off into a hospital parking lot to lose him. It was really intimidating.

Another time I was heading home from the grocery store and this dude kept driving ahead of me and then parking his truck 20 seconds ahead of where I was, then driving again and parking ahead of where I was. I cut through a park with a bike trail in order to avoid him.

I used to go on walks to get fresh air and exercise but three times dudes pulled up trying to see if I needed a ride or something, it was always really offputting. Or they honked as they drove past which was a lot more frequent and embarrassing.

But because of my terrible mental health record I can't buy a gun after a judge ordered me into a psychiatric hold for some weeks. I don't know what I should get instead, I was thinking of one of those big knives that can be holstered under my shirt, or an expandable baton thing. But I'm worried I'm such a wimp that if push came to shove I wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
You could get a safety alarm and pepper-spray at least. I read that weapons can be used on you if the attacker is stronger. Every time I'm walking in the dark I feel like I'm taking a huge risk, sometimes I take a small knife, but don't think I would manage to use it properly.

Last night I had to walk a stretch in the dark and put keys and credit cards closer to my body just in case I got mugged and had to walk like in the center of the street so it is easier to run away, it wasn't even that late. I mean do men really feel this terrified on a daily basis? And I'm only afraid of the men, seeing a woman is a relief.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and OrcWitch
DeathSaves

DeathSaves

Apr 19, 2019
Neither will you fool anyone with constant attempts to devalue what i say and attack me. Quite dirty at debates, aren't you? But then again, as stated, i've said my piece.

Peace.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered and whatevs
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Neither will you fool anyone with constant attempts to devalue what i say and attack me. Quite dirty at debates, aren't you? But then again, as stated, i've said my piece.

Peace.
Nobody wants to debate you, at least l certainly don't. I wouldn't give you time of day. I merely suggested that your shitty output was preserved as an example of outright misogyny on this forum.

Reactions: Crazy4u and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
What happened to the incel thread from last night?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
  • Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, GenesAndEnvironment, Crazy4u and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Before the social media nonsense invaded the Internet - and made everyone scream at eatch other through the screen - people usually intervened with the wise quote "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience", whenever an argument arose on a forum.

This quote seems lost on humanity, but you are all somewhat lost as well, since you are trying to prove each other wrong, even though you are arguing about something that's mainly a left-wing/right-wing issue, meaning that Feminism mainly draws left-wingers to it, while right-wing people disagree with its tenets, and they go about their lives without feeling like victims every day.

So - even if one of you would be correct, your wisdom probably wouldn't spread outside this community, anyway.

Reactions: Disappointered
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
@Julgran You sound like a platitude butterfly. Discriminatory views must ALWAYS be opposed, whether as a protest or social media comment, it makes the bigots less comfortable expressing their views and has an educational effect on many readers who may not be as familiar with the topic. Also, bigotry is not a valid opinion.

Reactions: Susu, Crazy4u, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
You could get a safety alarm and pepper-spray at least. I read that weapons can be used on you if the attacker is stronger. Every time I'm walking in the dark I feel like I'm taking a huge risk, sometimes I take a small knife, but don't think I would manage to use it properly.

Last night I had to walk a stretch in the dark and put keys and credit cards closer to my body just in case I got mugged and had to walk like in the center of the street so it is easier to run away, it wasn't even that late. I mean do men really feel this terrified on a daily basis? And I'm only afraid of the men, seeing a woman is a relief.
I live in the UK and the purchase/sale of pepper sprays are banned. There's also only a 2% conviction rate for rapes/sexual assault here as well, so just tells you how much the territory I'm in prioritizes meaningful intervention with this problem.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LastLoveLetter and OceanBlue
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022

Get pepperspray.

You are less likely to accidentally kill anyone with it (or at all) and you can use it on multiple people simultaneously.

Unlike a knife or a gun you can actually carry it around for self defense, while your motives for carrying a knife or gun in public is a lot more suspicious.

Reactions: Élégie, NumbItAll and Julgran
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
You seem to not have read what I wrote about the Gillette commercial, and you also seem to take everything out of context.

Given how you usually write, it's also hard to take anything you write seriously, since you come off as sarcastic all too often. You don't even seem to base anything you write off of something tangible, but I won't engange in this kind of useless debate with you.
It's not a debate - misogyny is all over this site and shouldn't be tolerated, there's zero reason for you to pop up and add "nuance" to that very concrete and obviously necessary position, it's not befitting for someone who legitimately sees advertisements for shaving products as an indicator of an anti-male agenda to pop up to lecture folk who are rightly annoyed by the overtly misogynistic output on here. *That* is misogynistic.

Fwiw this whole thread is a train wreck, the op himself recently started a similar, now deleted thread outlining his favourite torture methods for prisoners ffs.

Last edited:
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I don't know what I should get instead, I was thinking of one of those big knives that can be holstered under my shirt, or an expandable baton thing. But I'm worried I'm such a wimp that if push came to shove I wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
If you do plan on carrying a knife (though I would advise against it), make sure you know how to effectively use it. Else you're just giving an attacker a weapon to use against you, and knives are nasty.

Reactions: Julgran
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
The last post is pure misogyny, which adds to violence towards women and girls. I hope the mods see a problem with it.

This is revolting but as breathtakingly rancid as it is l hope it isn't deleted, because the next time somebody denies misogyny exists on this forum and demands that evidence of it is presented, this post is absolutely Exhibit A.

Will remember to quote full posts in the future.

Reactions: Mixo
Status
Not open for further replies.