cactusflower

cactusflower

here but not here
Apr 19, 2023
I'm so exhausted all the time. The past few nights I've had severe insomnia, not sleeping at all until about 6am, and then even then only for about two hours or so. I'm so tired and it's interfering with my work big time. I don't think it's a huge issue ATM, I work from home with a flexible schedule, but I feel guilty for how little I've gotten done the past few weeks because of my exhaustion. I'm the lead developer on a project and I feel like I'm gonna be letting my team down if I continue this behavior. I try to tell myself it's okay because I do a lot of documentation reading and schema planning outside of actual development, but I am just so so tired and not sure what to do.

I had a doctor's appointment recently where I was told I was deficient in vitamins D and B12 and that I was borderline anemic. Gonna be starting medication soon for all that, and she said it may help with the fatigue. I just hope it's true because I'm tired of feeling so tired

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, skepsis, Celica45 and 1 other person
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes thinking about something such as work, a deadline, or other necessary task can interfere with sleep. If this is the case, you might try watching a video or film that is not too demanding mentally that may allow you to slip into sleep more easily.