• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Passionless
Jul 2, 2023
God fucking damn it, I'm so tired of all these labels, I'm what people would refer to as an "asexual" and Jesus Christ can I just say, why are we labeling each other based on what we fuxk? Why are we labeling each other based on what's down there? Why do we have labels for fucking old people politics that truly no shits should be given about as no matter how much you shout for trump or barrack or biden or whichever old geezer, you're vote is still just one vote, the election was probably rigged anyway and your vote was valueless. I'm just so tired of watching us divide ourselves more and more, it's driving me to insanity that one of these days I'm gonna have to say" Black, cisgender asexual male that identifies with fuck/cares" like I'm some kind of ingredients list that you have to check for allergies. Keep in mind, I don't give a fuck if you're LGBTQIA+, a satanist, christian, or any religion,pro lifer, nihilist, or any ideology whether your a genderless alien on any other fucking thing, you're a person and that's all that matters to me and I just wish we could stop tryna tag ourselves and just be, people, humans, pals? Idk.
Sorry it's almost 2am and I saw someone get mad at people for being white one YouTube and i can't hold it in anymore. Tired rant go brrr

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
It's gotten so ridiculous I stopped trying to keep up with it all. I identify as human, well maybe subhuman on some days.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Identity politics has legitimate origins since there has long been a need for specific groups, such as women, people of colour and LGBT people, to have various grievances addressed. These serious issues ranged from voting rights, slavery and criminalisation of consensual relationships.

In modern times, the dark side of identity politics is the ease with which it causes division. In the age of social media echo chambers, it is also very easy for individuals to become radicalised, making for an aggressive attitude towards outgroups. One example is the violent riots of Black Lives Matters, in contrast to the civilised efforts of MLK to present reasoned arguments, build bridges and protest peacefully. It is easy for aggression to escalate and do more harm than good.

The other issue with identity politics is that it causes division within the political left in particular. Hence, a political branch that should represent the vast majority of people - the underpaid working class, marginalised people needing improved government services, all identity-politics minorities, people concerned about the environment, etc. - finds itself struggling to win elections because of all the harm its internal dysfunction and lunacy causes unto itself.

The simple solution is to not buy into it. The earlier days of Facebook seemed to correlate with a lot of internet-based radicalisation going mainstream, but over time, there are plenty of regular people who have chosen to log off from the comments-section battle grounds and leave the endless infighting to people who actually enjoy giving and receiving needless aggression.

There's still a place for civil discourse supporting groups with legitimate grievances, though even then, what matters most is that the majority of people support the majority of people. And as individuals, we can certainly choose to ignore radicalised people and stick by saner principles like the golden rule.

Last edited: