• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jacobryan

Mar 11, 2024
So I told my best friend (we've been best friends since 5th grade) that I've had thoughts of ctb. She asked me why, and I told her that I felt it would just be simpler to end things than deal with life and depression. She told me that I need to tell my therapist and my doctor, but I'm not going to do that. I know what will happen and I'm definitely not going to a psyche ward. She did tell me if I thought I might act, to call her though. Should I not have told her?

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Sounds like a very robotic reply again.
Guessing she probably didn't know what else to say. It's not an easy thing to process.
So I told my best friend (we've been best friends since 5th grade) that I've had thoughts of ctb. She asked me why, and I told her that I felt it would just be simpler to end things than deal with life and depression. She told me that I need to tell my therapist and my doctor, but I'm not going to do that. I know what will happen and I'm definitely not going to a psyche ward. She did tell me if I thought I might act, to call her though. Should I not have told her?
Better to talk aboit it than not, imo.

I've told my psychologist, my doctor and several other people and never been committed too, I'll note. I'm not saying it's not a risk but I actually haven't regretted a single person I've told.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
that was a bad move. i hope she can keep a secret.

J

jacobryan

Mar 11, 2024
Sounds like a very robotic reply again.
I mean, she was legitimately concerned, and asked me if I wanted her to come over. I told her no.
Guessing she probably didn't know what else to say. It's not an easy thing to process.
I know I didn't know what to say a few years ago when I had a friend tell me the same thing.
that was a bad move. i hope she can keep a secret.
I trust her.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
In my mind, one of the hardest things when suicidal is not telling anyone or hiding it. Sometimes the urge is almost unbearable and you desperately just want to tell someone.

When my best friend killed himself he made sure not to tell anyone and disappeared from everyone a few weeks prior, I had no idea of his wish of CTB.

Nonetheless it was very traumatic and it would be even more if I knew his intentions before hand. Especially if I had been the only one.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's better not to tell anyone at least not when they can interfere actual plans or u risk a psych ward stay. In the end it's up 2 u what you want to share with yoour friends /family. Obviously you r in therapy already. Do you have an idea why you have suicidal thoughts? What triggers them?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It depends if you want to get better or actually want to CTB. Only you can know what you want.

If you want to get well, it's generally advised to be fully open and honest. If you want to CTB its best to not tell anyone otherwise they are obliged to intervene.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
first of all, why did you decide to tell him?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I personally have by and large regretted telling others about my suicidality. It has mostly made me feel more alone.