C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'm so fucking tired of seeing these overused cliche as fuck platitudes that lifers disguise as advice. Like motherfucker life is the temporary problem. Suicide sure as fuck isn't easy nor is it the most selfish thing you can do. The most selfish thing is to expect someone to live a lifetime of misery just so your feelings don't get hurt for a few weeks. Boofuckinghoo dipshit I'm so done with people like this it's undeniably frustrating hearing so many empty words that show no tolerance or acceptance for suicide. Am I overreacting? I may well be but damnit I'm tired of hearing this shit.

• Love
Reactions: JustSomeoneOnline, Dee38, Johanna94 and 52 others
Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
don't be mad,, they are ignorant not malicious, i think deep down they want to help, but they are misguided,

Reactions: Raphael, Iwant2sleepforever, WanderingEremite and 8 others
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
No I don't blame you that shit really pisses me off. I can't stand people saying that my problems are temporary they are permanent. We all end up dead anyway one day.

Reactions: raskolnikov, betteroffdead, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 7 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I'm like yeah that's the point genius

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Raphael, Gregor samsa and 9 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
don't be mad,, they are ignorant not malicious, i think deep down they want to help, but they are misguided,
Sure I guess but it's annoying that these people, 'lifers' I call them, can't never accept that suicide can be a solution. Who gives them the right to tell me I'm wrong with my decision? What moral code do they get the audacity to tell me I can't fucking blow my brains out? Seriously it's tiring as I've been to countless websites that supposedly support our decision when they nevertheless tell you otherwise the same old bullshit that life is beautiful and roses and shit. Or my personal favorite is when they say that life is a gift. Like hell it is, if anything it's a forced gift and then plus gifts can be returned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinbu, Discarded, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 6 others
Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
Sure I guess but it's annoying that these people, 'lifers' I call them, can't never accept that suicide can be a solution. Who gives them the right to tell me I'm wrong with my decision? What moral code do they get the audacity to tell me I can't fucking blow my brains out? Seriously it's tiring as I've been to countless websites that supposedly support our decision when they nevertheless tell you otherwise the same old bullshit that life is beautiful and roses and shit.
they have no frame of reference, they haven't suffered like we suffered, it is only natural they assume that you and i's struggles are like theirs, that is, not as bad. who cares what they say, ultimately they have no power, but it is very disappointing when someone you might trust, like a friend, says something like that :(

Reactions: _Minsk, Punished snake, Lionel and 4 others
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
What I don't get is what is the difference between dying now or however years from now. Once your dead you will never know you even lived this life so why should it matter when you choose too. If you aren't happy and see no positives to living why should you have to suffer.

Reactions: I.P.N, R_N, betteroffdead and 10 others
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
What I don't get is what is the difference between dying now or however years from now. Once your dead you will never know you even lived this life so why should it matter when you choose too. If you aren't happy and see no positives to living why should you have to suffer.
I agree. Whether you die today or a day in 2030, the end result is the same. Dead is dead.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, R_N, betteroffdead and 7 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
My entire family has said that to me when I last tried to hang myself. They told me I was a pathetic coward and selfish and they expect you to work till you die but noooooo they can never accept suicide as one if not the only true decision we can make as individuals. I care what they say because it's people like that that are the majority and make the decisions that affect our decision to die. It's because of their biased belief that I can't smoothly kill myself and instead have to suffer in excruciating pain just to get out of this rotting corpse.

• Hugs
Reactions: I.P.N, LegaliseIt!, Discarded and 5 others
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, ScaredOfLife, weedoge and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
"If you aren't happy and see no positives to living why should you have to suffer." I think about this everyday and even posted it numerous of times venting and these lifers still are deluding themselves that suffering for most of their lives is a noble and worthy cause.

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Discarded, betteroffdead and 6 others
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
I think they base that line on those who attempt as a cry for help. That's also the stat they throw out that might not be accurate "only 1 percent of failed attempts go on to attempt again."

• Hmph!
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, weedoge and 2 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I think they base that line on those who attempt as a cry for help. That's also the stat they throw out that might not be accurate "only 1 percent of failed attempts go on to attempt again."
But how can they not understand that to someone who is suicidal and heard that they'd think 'wow I can end all my problems with this one permanent solution?' 'Sign me the fuck up'.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Discarded, dhk96 and 7 others
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Everyone thinks differently it's ok.
Don't be angry at them as they don't and can't understand.

Reactions: Brike, Lionel, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
"only 1 percent of failed attempts go on to attempt again."
If I recall correctly from my previous reading, the actual statistic of people who retry after failure is FAR higher than 1%.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, tearsinrain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I'm so fucking tired of seeing these overused cliche as fuck platitudes that lifers disguise as advice. Like motherfucker life is the temporary problem. Suicide sure as fuck isn't easy nor is it the most selfish thing you can do. The most selfish thing is to expect someone to live a lifetime of misery just so your feelings don't get hurt for a few weeks. Boofuckinghoo dipshit I'm so done with people like this it's undeniably frustrating hearing so many empty words that show no tolerance or acceptance for suicide. Am I overreacting? I may well be but damnit I'm tired of hearing this shit.
really pisses me off when they say that

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, ScaredOfLife, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Agree, this is one of the few platitudes that always sounded ridiculous from the first time I heard it. A solution is a solution.

Reactions: Shinbu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, dhk96 and 5 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I think there's a lot of people who are oblivious to their own mortality and therefore cannot even imagine not wanting to exist

Reactions: betteroffdead, Justanotherconsumer, RM5998 and 7 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, LegaliseIt!, Justanotherconsumer and 4 others
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
If I recall correctly from my previous reading, the actual statistic of people who retry after failure is FAR higher than 1%.
Would totally agree. But on some suicidal help website they quoted 1 percent. They were trying to say most won't ever again and good thing they survived bc they went on to live. Didn't say whether they lived happily though

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, lv-gras, Circles and 1 other person
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Would totally agree. But on some suicidal help website they quoted 1 percent. They were trying to say most won't ever again and good thing they survived bc they went on to live. Didn't say whether they lived happily though
This site has a lot of people who have tried multiple times. There have been cases where people have been released from psych wards and were dead within 24 hours of discharge.

After a failure, researching where you went wrong is quite easy... with thanks to Google.

Sure, some people who fail use it as motivation to reset and give life another try. To suggest that the people who give life another try amounts to 99% of all attempts seems laughable.

And yes... it's certainly a quality of life issue for many who decide not attempt again. I'm certain a good chunk of them are miserable.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, lv-gras, Shay and 1 other person
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
Agree. And I also don't think they follow those people long term. So maybe the first year or so they don't but who knows later. Also maybe the second attempt they are more careful not to get caught

Reactions: weedoge and Circles
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Agree. And I also don't think they follow those people long term. So maybe the first year or so they don't but who knows later. Also maybe the second attempt they are more careful not to get caught
Honestly the last time I attempted something and got hospitalised, I discharged myself a week later and they leave me with no follow-up care at all. I begged them to give me some actually, and they said I don't need it. There really is no "care" in "mental health care".

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, St.Jimmy, Circles and 1 other person
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
Mental health care system is broken. I was talking about that yesterday. They drug you and drugs do more harm but they don't care as long as you're out of it and quiet. And many therapists don't have a clue about how to help someone seriously depressed. Mild depression yes. Not major. I had one say to me "well my other client lost his wife and bc he has meaning and purpose he is doing great". Well that's good for him but I'm sitting here with you now

Reactions: ScaredOfLife, Phro, Circles and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Mental health care system is broken. I was talking about that yesterday. They drug you and drugs do more harm but they don't care as long as you're out of it and quiet. And many therapists don't have a clue about how to help someone seriously depressed. Mild depression yes. Not major. I had one say to me "well my other client lost his wife and bc he has meaning and purpose he is doing great". Well that's good for him but I'm sitting here with you now
Yeah trust, I live in UK so its all nhs here but well they didn't drug me but they were... umm well I've talked about it before but short story they were abusive and neglectful and the place was the most awful thing, and I had another stay somewhere else so I had something to compare it to. While I was there I pretty much had to take care of one of the elderly patients as the nurses let him wander around with his pants down, blabbering nonsense, stumbling and tripping everywhere. It was really sad to see, while also experiencing it, bizarre tbqh.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, killmepls, lv-gras and 1 other person
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
After one of my psych ward stays, I fell off the radar. No follow-up appointments had been scheduled.

People who visit the psych ward should be connected with resources before discharge. Somebody should be tasked with making sure the patient is following up. All it takes is a two-minute follow-up call to the patient to see how they're doing and to make sure they're seeking treatment.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife, Smilla, Shay and 3 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
After one of my psych ward stays, I fell off the radar. No follow-up appointments had been scheduled.

People who visit the psych ward should be connected with resources before discharge. Somebody should be tasked with making sure the patient is following up. All it takes is a two-minute follow-up call to the patient to see how they're doing and to make sure they're seeking treatment.
Yes, it's crazy and only leaves you feeling more hopeless immediately after one of the most stressful experiences.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and lv-gras
S

Shay

Experienced
Aug 31, 2018
And then when a celebrity commits suicide the media does all these articles about how mental illness is a problem that isn't addressed. Except I would argue maybe suicide isn't the mentally ill. I would say I'm pretty rational and more than most. My life is horrific and will only get worse and why should I stay suffering. That doesn't make sense

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, Circles, ScaredOfLife and 5 others
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
And then when a celebrity commits suicide the media does all these articles about how mental illness is a problem that isn't addressed. Except I would argue maybe suicide isn't the mentally ill. I would say I'm pretty rational and more than most. My life is horrific and will only get worse and why should I stay suffering. That doesn't make sense
Suicide will forever be tied to being a mental illness because it's easy to label someone as being mentally ill when they go against society's norms. In many cases, suicide is the choice of a competent person who, after much thinking, has rationally determined that death is their best option.

Society doesn't care if the person will foreve be miserable by being forced to live. All society cares about is that, whether you like it or not, you're going to be "saved" at all costs.

Reactions: betteroffdead, Justanotherconsumer, tearsinrain and 8 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
... and if you try suicide too many times, you might be found incompetent. I've been through a competency determination. Thankfully, I was found competent. But for those who are found incompetent, the road gets even rougher.
Luckily, as much as I do have issues, think I can articulate and act normal enough around the psychs that I basically always get left alone.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles