BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
Could you link that? I've never heard of those before!

If you can ever find the pretzel ones, I would 1000% get them immediately! They're the best. I used to like the peanut butter ones until they started upsetting my stomach.

Haribo... too good... I've bought these wholesale mini packs for kids that take me a couple months to go through. They're the ones you stick in a lunch bag. They're always so good.
My partner orders his contact lenses online. When the parcel arrives, in the box the company always includes a mini bag of Haribo!! It's a lovely touch.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: enjolras and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Could you link that? I've never heard of those before!

If you can ever find the pretzel ones, I would 1000% get them immediately! They're the best. I used to like the peanut butter ones until they started upsetting my stomach.

Haribo... too good... I've bought these wholesale mini packs for kids that take me a couple months to go through. They're the ones you stick in a lunch bag. They're always so good.

I'll stick a screenshot of them:smiling:
I will have a look online for the pretzels ones see if there's any place I can buy them, they sound so good! E76EBF51 3D2B 40B6 9A65 1982300901C9

• Love
Reactions: HelensNepenthe
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
My partner orders his contact lenses online. When the parcel arrives, in the box the company always includes a mini bag of Haribo!! It's a lovely touch.
I used to be a hobbyist in 3D printing hackerspaces. It's because if the Haribo gummy bears melt, that means his contact lenses are defective! If gummy bears melt = the lenses could have warped. It's a way of proving without opening the packaging to check. I'm sure other people use different methods, although I've found personally gummy bears being the most efficient way to tell if something has melted or warped.

I will tell you that this is the first time I've heard of this from a contact lens provider. It would make a lot of sense, actually!

I'll stick a screenshot of them:smiling:
I will have a look online for the pretzels ones see if there's any place I can buy them, they sound so good!View attachment 36539
I'm going to go to the store later today, I'll check if I can snag a pack of these. It looks like they're here in the U.S. yet I've never seen these before!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: enjolras, madbananas and BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I used to be a hobbyist in 3D printing hackerspaces. It's because if the Haribo gummy bears melt, that means his contact lenses are defective! If gummy bears melt = the lenses could have warped. It's a way of proving without opening the packaging to check. I'm sure other people use different methods, although I've found personally gummy bears being the most efficient way to tell if something has melted.

I'm going to go to the store later today, I'll check if I can snag a pack of these. It looks like they're here in the U.S. yet I've never seen these before!
Oh wow that's really interesting!! Do they really do that. The gummy bears have not yet melted so his lense have always been ok, although he has a couple of dud lenses. But thanks for telling me. That's an interesting fact.:hug::happy:

Reactions: HelensNepenthe
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Oh wow that's really interesting!! Do they really do that. The gummy bears have not yet melted so his lense have always been ok, although he has a couple of dud lenses. But thanks for telling me. That's an interesting fact.:hug::happy:
Yup! Gelatin has a melting point of around 35C. Plastics for 3D printing (and I guess in the case of contact lenses) start to warp or become defective at these temperatures. Different plastics may have different degrees of melting points, but for the sake of the conversation, I'll refrain from expanding in to too much detail.

Whoever your S/O's supplier is really takes pride in what they're providing to people. I've honestly never heard of this before.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020

I used to get Haribos after swimming pool training sessions as a kid. It was the best feeling on earth. I mean, no other justification needed to sink & swim.
I also received them when ordering guitar parts. Best attention imagineable. "They" probably know that it pulls heart strings ....lame !! ;)
Cheetos are life!! Especially the hot twisted ones. Even my cat likes them.

According to Abi, Rice Crispies were life ! I couldn't agree more

5E86E415 6651 4648 BB85 C17102F53BEE

Wanna fight ? Organise a Kellogs MMA match ?

Last edited:
  • Love
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Yup! Gelatin has a melting point of around 35C. Plastics for 3D printing (and I guess in the case of contact lenses) start to warp or become defective at these temperatures. Different plastics may have different degrees of melting points, but for the sake of the conversation, I'll refrain from expanding in to too much detail.

Whoever your S/O's supplier is really takes pride in what they're providing to people. I've honestly never heard of this before.
Yes I think they do take a lot of pride in their product and how the product reaches the customer. It's a sign of a good company when they make sure that their product isn't going to be damaged or defective in any way.
My partner has been using this contact lens company for ages.
I used to get Haribos after swimming pool training sessions as a kid. It was the best feeling on earth. I mean, no other justification needed to sink & swim.
I also received them when ordering guitar parts. Best attention imagineable. "They" probably know that it pulls heart strings ....lame !! ;)

According to Abi, Rice Crispies were life ! I couldn't agree more

View attachment 36685

Wanna fight ? Organise a Kellogs MMA match ?
Kellogg's Rice Krispies are life!! Abi was right!!! :heart: :hug:
Your heart string joke wasn't lame. Xx

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: enjolras
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I have a real sweet tooth. I wanna lose weight but I do give in and buy ice cream or cake pretty regularly. Today I had danishes.

• Hugs
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
The more depressed and worse I feel, the more junk food I usually eat. But it causes me some issues, so I should really avoid them.

Reactions: lululoo, BlackPoppet and enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
The more depressed and worse I feel, the more junk food I usually eat. But it causes me some issues, so I should really avoid them.

Was supposed to start a diet of water fasting monday ...ended up eating a pizza at night
Was motivated to get back on track yesterday ...ended up at Burger King, driving by one.
Massive fuck-up for a vegetarian.
Sometimes, the stars don't align :( Achieved a counterwill unhealthy gap, that comments the underestimation of my state : FRAGILE

Today, craving for acid candy galore
3FC7D56A 95BE 4892 9A89 EAC5FC07951F AFB006C6 B6E4 486A 8929 14C121806F9F
Could gulp 2 kilos straight ...guilt chased away, no way to get my hands on these (mail order)

Last edited:
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I'm a bit of a carb monster so I can relate to this. Pizzas, chips, pasta - I could go hogwild if I was one of those metabolically gifted people who never gain an ounce. I'm now back on a diet, sadly.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
@madbananas - I couldn't find any of those M&Ms. :(

Libracusp_1022

Libracusp_1022

Jul 29, 2019
Today, craving for acid candy galore

Could gulp 2 kilos straight ...guilt chased away, no way to get my hands on these (mail order)
[/QUOTE]
Why a
Was supposed to start a diet of water fasting monday ...ended up eating a pizza at night
Was motivated to get back on track yesterday ...ended up at Burger King, driving by one.
Massive fuck-up for a vegetarian.
Sometimes, the stars don't align :( Achieved a counterwill unhealthy gap, that comments the underestimation of my state : FRAGILE

Why are sour candies, pizza, and burgers always the things that relentlessly nag at us to cheat?!? Also donuts. Lol.

serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
My go-to junk food combo is chips and a few energy drinks.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
i keep eating large amounts of junk food and sweets

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
When I get really drunk, I crave burgers but always end up with kebab, this was last night, too drunk to remember it though Damn it :pfff: IMG 20200604 203955

Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
I love fried things all of a sudden. Friend pickles and jalapeño poppers especially.

Though since my wife cheated I haven't craved or wanted anything sweet...which is odd.