• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
People keep on saying Beachy head jump is certain death because it's nearly 500ft, but I keep looking at pics and I don't see the huge falls. I see maybe 60-80ft drops at most.

Can anyone who's actually been here confirm if there is a point that is actually like 500ft high?

Can you even access a point that's more than a 60-80ft drop?

If I jump, I want it to be over 150ft at least as it will be a 99% chance of death.
How is this 500ft? Looks about 60-80ft at most

1711368416721 1711368416721

Reactions: marchshift
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
"The cliff is the highest chalk sea cliff in Britain, rising to 162 m (531 ft) above sea level."

The biggest problem there is that it's regularly patrolled by volunteers who will try to intervene. I went there 20 years ago intending to go and it was swarming with them. They've only gotten more persistent and regular since.

Reactions: juna and davidtorez
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
"The cliff is the highest chalk sea cliff in Britain, rising to 162 m (531 ft) above sea level."

The biggest problem there is that it's regularly patrolled by volunteers who will try to intervene. I went there 20 years ago intending to go and it was swarming with them. They've only gotten more persistent and regular since.
Yeah but it's not 500ft all the way around is it?

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Yeah but it's not 500ft all the way around is it?
Obviously not but I'd say it's all a good deal more than 60-80ft. Still, it's such a well known spot that it's constantly patrolled by volunteers who will try to intervene.

Reactions: davidtorez
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Obviously not but I'd say it's all a good deal more than 60-80ft. Still, it's such a well known spot that it's constantly patrolled by volunteers who will try to intervene.
Can´t you just say you´re there to enjoy the view in peace and don´t want to be disturbed or even say you´re there to prevent suicides too lol

Reactions: davidtorez
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Here's a map showing some of the height measurements (in metres)

Screenshot 20240325 125723 OsmAnd

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
You need to be nearly opposite the light house to get the height - and a vertical drop

Reactions: UKANNA
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Can´t you just say you´re there to enjoy the view in peace and don´t want to be disturbed or even say you´re there to prevent suicides too lol
Sure, as long as you can keep your composure. Or just make a sudden run for it. Just don't expect peace and quiet / solitude there most of the time.

Reactions: juna and TheGoodGuy
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
The problem with BH imo is that it seems, that the surface there is kind of soft? Like sandy or "rocky". I don't know if that's a problem.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Sure, as long as you can keep your composure. Or just make a sudden run for it. Just don't expect peace and quiet / solitude there most of the time.
I guess you´re right, some people who ctb would just run for it and it´s over but I think most people would want to stand there thinking about there life and just contemplate the end and most of these people wouldn´t even have the courage to ctb that day so yeah I think complete solitude is prefered.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I guess you´re right, some people who ctb would just run for it and it´s over but I think most people would want to stand there thinking about there life and just contemplate the end and most of these people wouldn´t even have the courage to ctb that day so yeah I think complete solitude is prefered.

Unless you're 100% sure you shouldn't be even approaching doing it really. You really need to contemplate your life, likelihood of getting better, do you even care? Etc.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Unless you're 100% sure you shouldn't be even approaching doing it really. You really need to contemplate your life, likelihood of getting better, do you even care? Etc.
That sounds very pro-life. Imo people who attempt suicide can do so no matter what the reasons are they don´t need to try and get better, I have tried many times to get better but that doesn´t mean everyone else have to, people have their own reasons to ctb and own their own limits to how much they can take in life.

Reactions: juna
xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
Beachy head was going to be my second method after SN, but hearing about the patrols and having to scope for a suitable spot seem to make this a very hard method. SI will surely kick in before we have a chance to jump.

bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
my #2 method but the thought of hitting the ground at 120mph makes me feel so uneasy

Y

yestothedeath

Aug 21, 2022
The problem with BH imo is that it seems, that the surface there is kind of soft? Like sandy or "rocky". I don't know if that's a problem.

Thing is I've only heard of one or two BH survivors. The guy who landed on a ledge and I think maybe someone else who drove off the cliff in their car. All the rest have died, however many hundreds that is. So I don't think the ground surface seems like a problem. That's to the best of my knowledge anyway...I'm sure if there were more survivors they'd be more publicised?

H

HopelesslyAlive

Mar 12, 2024
I agree with @yestothedeath, we'd definitely know about it if more people survived. @sanitystruggle or anyone else with information on this, are the patrollers there constantly, like 24/7? I was thinking about jumping but Beachy Head looks like the best bet and it's too far from me to get to without raising suspicion. So, I was thinking of Dunraven Bay as its closer to me in Wales, but its not nearly as high, its only 200ft, do you think this would suffice?

ShinigamiNeko

ShinigamiNeko

Mar 11, 2024
What places are there in the uk. Around me there is nothing high enough

U

UKANNA

Jan 3, 2024
I am in the UK and seriously considering this method. BH is about three hours drive away from me. A friend of mine successfully ended her life this way a year ago. I keep thinking about it and I'm desperate to end my life, but the thought of jumping or stepping off the edge is just so daunting…

• Aww..
Reactions: dedsadLoner98