Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I fkn swear, there isn't any winning /w her, unless she decides beforehand to be "nice". Yesterday I told her my job won't be in the office or a "high-paying job", I'm thinking of becoming a "metalworker". Boy, she did not like that, wanting me to be a programmer or computer technician. I just don't get that stuff @ all, besides using websites, discord, & SaSu.

She responds with gaslighting "Do you really want that?", excuses, "You're on comp all day 24/7", more gaslighting, "have ambition", etc-etc. Giving off signals that this is more then a dead end then being bloat at the office, I swear.

Before, I told her I was considering a different trade, she was still taken aback. I was even considering janitorial if I had to. I guess back then she was thinking I was only "considering" it, or taking it if there was nothing else to do. Saying I was gonna get a job in that category, after workforce evaluations and etc rly hit different for her I guess.

Well, she'd tell me she's just glad I got a job at all, like a farther telling his crackhead gutterwhore daughter he's happy she's just alive. As we drove home and she asked me what my job would prob be, I had some difficulties getting the words out my mouth bc I knew she'd scold me, and she did. Even today, she made it clear she didn't like it one bit.

Honestly /w this treatment I might decide "Fuck it, I'm gonna die a NEET". What would be the point of that job if I just drive to work then home? Perhaps even that job would be too much for me, I could never live the life my parents could, even with the money my autism's too much of a factor for everything to be "normal and good".

Honestly.... If it wasn't something I could enjoy I'd given up already and going on a much worse spiral of suicidallity. I'll see how this turns out, but I can tell my downfall could start any moment.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: jaxxon_sunn, whatevs, Huntfish34 and 5 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I'm sorry your going through this toxic relationship, if it makes you feel better the chances of you being a computer technician is almost zero because the market is flooded, I heard being a metal sheet worker was fun if you enjoyed it. I hope life gets better man, best of luck

• Hugs
Reactions: Archness, whatevs, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
When someone places more value on financial and social status than on your relationship then maybe it's time to move on.
I've been where you are, and unfortunately it doesn't get better.
I would honestly let go of your gf and just do what is best for you.
You don't deserve emotional abuse like this, or being in a job that will kill you with stress. Nobody does.
So sorry you are going through this.

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Do what you like or at least tolerate and where you perform reasonably. I used to love programming but I never felt good enough for being competitive in it and had to work harder than most of my peers to get my diploma. I think for work it's smart to go into something in which you can perform averagely without stressing yourself. I hated to see how others at work felt like work had become routine, I was always on edge. It never became easy.

Your gf sounds undesirable, she should support you wanting to learn something and earn a living. The reality is that being burdened with autism or any other chronic condition makes us lose a large part of our competitive spirit to it. We're always fighting something others can't see, that's why we tend to accomplish less.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ikadasui, Archness and The anhedonic one
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I'm not talking abt a gf, I'm talking about my mother.

I fkn swear, she's increasingly passive-aggressive /w me. I was thinking abt eating a can of beans and then she claimed I couldn't bc "it's for dinner". Betting that's an outright lie and we don't eat it @ all today. 😔

Honestly can't really cook or learn past the most basic meals bc of her. In my household, we make our own lunch while she takes care of breakfeast and dinner. So for lunch I can usually only eat sandwitches, very basic meals (Reheating frozen stuff basic), and occasionally leftovers. Quite a bit sick of that, but it is what it is.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
As far as I'm concerned, there isn't any shame in any honest work. At least there shouldn't be.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I fkn swear, she's increasingly passive-aggressive /w me. I was thinking abt eating a can of beans and then she claimed I couldn't bc "it's for dinner". Betting that's an outright lie and we don't eat it @ all today. 😔
Looking back... LMFAO I was right and ate that very can of beans for lunch around that same timespan.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I can see where are you came from, being disrespect because u didn't like a certain job surely left anyone depressed. Especially when we lived in a society that value money