L

Luminous

Oct 19, 2020
So this may have been better to post in the recovery forum but I'm new here so I don't know. Basically, I'm currently a delivery driver. I love the work I do because I don't have the stress of a boss and the support line is always nice when I call them. There's also not much standing like at my other jobs which can be agonizing because I have a cyst in my foot. Today though after working for six hours I was so tired that I almost ran over someone crossing the road. This scared me for obvious reasons and because I am an extremely cautious driver. I also made more driving mistakes like going off of my line and onto others'. This was my first time working this hard at it. Usually I only work two hour shifts and driving is never an issue.
I'm trying to move out of my parents house and get a job in another state so I wanted to get working again and start building my self confidence. I realized after this happened tonight that I needed to find another job because eventually if I keep working this hard, something bad is going to happen to me or someone else. I just can't keep working two hour shifts and afford to move out. Does anyone know of any low stress jobs that don't require very much standing and don't have much of a managerial presence? I wouldn't be against going to school for it. I just currently have no money so I would have to save a little before I went.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, psychoticxerror and KleinerWolf
Puffinz

Puffinz

Dec 7, 2020
I think a nighttime security guard matches your criteria. You pretty much sit in a chair all night monitoring cameras with no one else around. If you do see something you just call the police. I was looking into it for a while but it seems like you might have to work some really shitty security jobs for a while though for experience before you can get one like I described.

L

Luminous

Oct 19, 2020
Working with dogs helped me a lot.
I've seen a lot of happy people work with dogs. I haven't tried it yet. Thank you.
I think a nighttime security guard matches your criteria. You pretty much sit in a chair all night monitoring cameras with no one else around. If you do see something you just call the police. I was looking into it for a while but it seems like you might have to work some really shitty security jobs for a while though for experience before you can get one like I described.
I will look into that. I've seen security positions posted for my area but it is as you said not the greatest. I won't rule it out though. I'll keep looking because if I could get that type of job I would love to sit with a space heater and be warm all night getting paid to watch a screen. Thank you :)

Last edited:
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Flex Jobs might be a good place to start looking for that kind of thing. They list a lot of remote and/or part time jobs. You can search the site for free, and see your search results, but unfortunately you have to pay to see the full details of job postings. It's only around $10/mo. though.