W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
Just so people know. I was indeed accepted for Dignitas but the process for a foreigner is still long, cumbersome and EXPENSIVE. I'm going in a similar way but doing it on my own.

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza and outrider567
jan_Seli

jan_Seli

Jan 20, 2023
I disagree with, but can still empathize with a loved one trying to prevent a depressed person's suicide, but terminal cancer? Come on, they're dying soon anyway, let them have some fucking agency in the decision

Reactions: Mlee75
Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
Hellogirl signed off this platform on her own accord. She sent me a goodbye message and wished me well. I can see why some people were suspect of her, but she's been nothing but kind to me.

Doxing is horrifying, it's best to lay low and change your phone number. Hope you'll get through this situation safely, OP.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Just so people know. I was indeed accepted for Dignitas but the process for a foreigner is still long, cumbersome and EXPENSIVE. I'm going in a similar way but doing it on my own.
This is so beyond frustrating to hear.

W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
Yes, Hellogirl was kind to me too, if she had just been patient it could have worked out, but the constant urgency and pressure drove me away...I hope she found peace or is otherwise ok, A truly distressed soul, my heart ached for her

Reactions: Mlee75
Mlee75

Mlee75

Jan 2, 2023
I don't know. but for her sake I hope she found peace. I truly tried to help her but as some have said, her frantic, frenzied urgency to CTB just triggered my own anxiety and I kind of freaked out about the whole situation. I have no ill feelings and wish her the best if she is still around. Had I lived closer I think it may have worked out.
Yeah I felt really bad for her and sympathized with her as well but the franticness made me very leery. I certainly have felt frantic myself but cops always use frantic urgency to push people into doing things they are uncomfortable with. So it made me very nervous
I just read a new statement (had to dig through press-relases) and they are requiring more if you are claiming chronic depression. I think the more was, doctor's visits and paperwork. I thought about joining but it would be a one-off as I would have to sell my house and use the funds from that and it's too much to risk if someone says "no" when I get there.
I just read a new statement (had to dig through press-relases) and they are requiring more if you are claiming chronic depression. I think the more was, doctor's visits and paperwork. I thought about joining but it would be a one-off as I would have to sell my house and use the funds from that and it's too much to risk if someone says "no" when I get there.

So I started getting phone calls from my family asking me what the fuck is going on. Apparently someone on the site managed to find my real name(I think either one of the assholes from that video or one of the people I have discussed partnering with) They went to my Facebook page and messaged every friend with my last name and shared my posts.

I simply said that I was indeed suicidal and for good reasons that my family is aware of(Terminal Cancer) Now I am under close scrutiny from everyone. I really am kind of relieved that now they all know and I was able to make the case that I am not depressed and this is a well thought out decision that I intend to follow through with.

They all of course offed help and suggested professional help. I told them that short of finding a cure for cancer and winning the lottery that nothing would change my mind, They one good thing is that instead of hanging out watching football alone today I now have a full house coming over to watch the games...LOL

This did not have the devastating effects it might to someone with a less "obvious" reason for choosing to CTB, I'm sure if it was simply a mental issue they would have had me taken to a psych ward.

So I'll have to deal with the shitstorm when my family arrives this afternoon but I'm just sticking to my decision and being very calm when it inevitably happens.

I'm not leaving the site as I am not ashamed of being a member and think it is a vital resource for those of us of the same mind. I do wish we could better control minors and those of truly limited mental capacity having access but unless we remain anonymous I just don't think people will feel comfortable here.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Whoever you are that did this, you have only caused me problems and not "Saved" me. Fuck You!!!
And I'm so sorry this happened to you. If you are in the US you can choose to switch to hospice/palliative care at any time. It is the law. There are people who have been on hospice care for years. Keep requesting your meds and hide them when you feel okay. The last time I had someone in hospice the doctor would not give liquid morphine which I was more comfortable with, so I went to another cancer / hospice doctor and got a boatload. They will also give you phenobarbital. And if you are a US veteran requesting Hospice Care from the VA, unless they have changed their procedure, like a quart of liquid morphine. If you clench your teeth and kind of flex your muscles while they are taking BP and don't take a lot of deep breaths or laugh before they test your O2 you could try and get something to relax or something to lower your blood pressure as well.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: stilhavinightmares