DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
If they weren't idiots, we wouldn't be able to me wise.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
What is a good man? The teacher of a bad man. What is a bad man? The good man's charge.
- Lao-tse

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sensei and Myforevercharlie
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
No, it isn't. A bunch of idiots will allow for corrupt systems to maintain themselves unscathed, will make your own life harder when you need them to do something important and/or will fuck up your life by accident because they can't do anything well in their own.

Reactions: Élégie, Wayfaerer, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Nah being an idiot sucks. No one should have to live that way. If anything I think if things are going to exist, any conscious being that finds itself in the midst of those things should be given a complete understanding of all of them as a natural law. All this "learning" stuff is so tedious and it never ends. Just download the whole big book into our minds already.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, 262653 and Fragile
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Its difficult to define what an idiot actually is, its quite subjective

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, XYZ and Lupgevif
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Oh there's plenty of those in the world, and now with this virus even more.

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I don't think there is anything wrong with being an idiot either, and most people have different types of knowledge/smarts. I think the only time anyone should be ashamed of their intelligence is when they're willfully ignorant or dissmissive of people more knowledgable than themselves in a particular issue. Especcially when that could be dangerous to others, like people who are antimask and antivaccine.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 19654
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I don't think it's ok, so much that it is just reality. Some of them are genuine, some are just willfully ignorant, like @MrBlue said. All it all, it's hardly anything that can be changed, therefore not something worth dwelling on.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I agree, there are too many idiots in the world and they all must be purged immediately, starting with me, the biggest idiot!

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot. I certainly practice willful ignorance as only someone fully lacking in intelligence is prone to doing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri, Deleted member 4993 and 262653
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
:hug:We're all idiots in our own unique ways

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Deleted member 4993
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Well, I'm an absolute idiot so at least I can be glad to raise your self-esteem.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I have four academic degrees, so by some measure, I must be smart. But then you look at my life and you think, "This guy's gotta be a huge idiot." So there is a matter of subjectivity there.

As for whether it's okay to be an idiot? I would say only if you're trying to not be an idiot any more. Being content with your idiocy isn't okay. But then there's the matter of how do you even know if you're ignorant? The only way to ensure that you're getting better is to assume that you're always ignorant, so there's always something to be learned.

So I guess that really didn't provide any more clarity. Clearly, I'm an idiot on this topic.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I agree, there are too many idiots in the world and they all must be purged immediately, starting with me, the biggest idiot!

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot. I certainly practice willful ignorance as only someone fully lacking in intelligence is prone to doing.
Don't be so hard on yourself?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I don't think it is ok.
If so many people weren't idiots, we'd probably be living in societies which allowed people easy exits if that was their choice.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
If they weren't idiots, we wouldn't be able to me wise.

In my opinion, wise people are not wise because of their relation to "idiots". I suspect truly wise people know wisdom is not a matter of comparison. It is a matter of perseverence down a path, despite knowing that path does not lead to a destination.

Their wisdom is a process of self-discovery through learning and experience. It does not come from measuring themselves against those who have yet to embark on their journey towards enlightenment.