I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all..."

Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, it's_all_a_game, Circles and 2 others
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I understand - there were moments in my life that were fun and I can recall a time (albeit very short - just a few months) as a teenager when I was lovin' life.

Then there were times that were ok but not crazy-happy. Then there are the vast majority of times of melancholy and out right misery. I don't blame anyone but myself. Lack of proper social skills is the main flaw that I see in myself. With the correct social skills, grace and schmoozing the universe is one's playground in terms of success.

This why ctb has to be that of the Stoic sense aka the 'rational suicide' :

"But if you feel yourself falling away and losing control, retire in good heart to some corner where you will regain control—or else make a complete exit from life, not in anger, but simply, freely, with integrity, making this leaving of it at least one achievement in your life."

I suppose life is worth experiencing with all the bad and the good - because afterall, the Human condition is the only thing experience that we know of. But for some (not all) life becomes considerable exceedingly arduous and ctb becomes an option to consider.

ihatepain

ihatepain

I never wanted to be born.
Mar 24, 2019
I envy them as well … How I wish I could have at least died at birth. :'( At least I will be doing the right thing (the only thing in my opinion) and NEVER reproduce.

I feel the same resentment as well. :angry: I don't hate them but I'm very resentful.
The damn pro-lifers thinking it's their "Duty" to keep multiplying. :angry:

If they had not been so selfish … they would not have had to "Sacrifice".

I feel the same … stuck between what I truly want and what it will do to the people I will leave behind. I hate it here so much.
Thank you for breaking the cycle of suffering and also for not committing the crime committed by your parents. Huge respect to you.

Try not to worry about the ones that will be emotionally hurt by your exit because everyone is playing this life game primarily for themselves and pretty much every human action is selfish so don't feel bad.
I understand - there were moments in my life that were fun and I can recall a time (albeit very short - just a few months) as a teenager when I was lovin' life.

Then there were times that were ok but not crazy-happy. Then there are the vast majority of times of melancholy and out right misery. I don't blame anyone but myself. Lack of proper social skills is the main flaw that I see in myself. With the correct social skills, grace and schmoozing the universe is one's playground in terms of success.

"But if you feel yourself falling away and losing control, retire in good heart to some corner where you will regain control—or else make a complete exit from life, not in anger, but simply, freely, with integrity, making this leaving of it at least one achievement in your life."

I suppose life is worth experiencing with all the bad and the good - because afterall, the Human condition is the only thing experience that we know of. But for some (not all) life becomes considerable exceedingly arduous and ctb becomes an option to consider.
Life is actually not worth experiencing (objectively speaking). Most people would say they were glad they were born simply because they exist and therefore have a bias towards existence.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iinner and not-2-b-the-answer
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Life is actually not worth experiencing (objectively speaking). Most people would say they were glad they were born simply because they exist and therefore have a bias towards existence.
Perhaps if one is among the ruling class life is worth living, but even then there is still a very dark side in that arena (backstabbing, false friends, some say there exists Satan worshipping as a means of mainting their status in society) Then again I do recall a few moments as a teen when life was care-free and great - something about being in one's youth before reality crushes one's dreams. Makes me wish I went out like British poet Thomas Chatterton who died at age 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and not-2-b-the-answer
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I agree, it's better to never have been born for sure. I'm also doing the right thing, being an anti-natalist and never breeding. I've already mentioned that I got a vasectomy 12 years ago and I'm childfree. It's good to see so many people here thinking in a similar way and not breeding, while irl I'm surrounded with mindless breeders. I'm the only adult member of my toxic "family" who hasn't and will never breed.

vhemt.org

Reactions: Partial-Elf, iinner, HGL91 and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Thank you for breaking the cycle of suffering and also for not committing the crime committed by your parents. Huge respect to you.

Try not to worry about the ones that will be emotionally hurt by your exit because everyone is playing this life game primarily for themselves and pretty much every human action is selfish so don't feel bad.

So glad I never had kids. I can't stand them anyway. I'm also not smart so I don't know how I could have even taken care of them.

Reactions: iinner, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ihatepain and 1 other person
CapitanBeto

CapitanBeto

Aug 3, 2019
I feel a lot of resentment towards my parents for bringing me into this world...They did it for themselves, and I'm left to pick up the pieces of this miserable existence.

I also feel some resentment toward my parents for bringing me into this shitshow and then I also feel incredibly guilty for feeling that way because they love me so much and do everything they can for me. But at the end of the day I feel like their emotional hostage sometimes—and other people's—because of how tortured I know they would be if I left.

Still, I must go. No solution to this dilemma. Wish I could erase myself entirely and never have to hurt a single soul.

I can relate to this. I feel that if I commit suicide my family won't be able to handle it.

I don't feel resentment to my parents though, I think they did the best they could to survive life. Unfortunately having kids was part of it. I don't think they were ill-intentioned.

I've read once that having kids is, at the end of the day, a selfish act, since you are practically imposing life on them for your benefit or satisfaction. Can we know for sure whether life will be beneficial and satisfactory for them? I know for me, it's not.

But again, as selfish as it might have been, I don't blame them for being caught on the inertia of human existence, if it wasn't for it we wouldn't have made it this far as a species I guess...

Yeah, it is unfortunate that some people will be sad once we are gone but we are not someone else's pleasure device. Every human motive is a selfish motive. It is how we are designed so on the whole, we shouldn't feel guilty about ending ourselves cuz everything is selfish.

This is interesting. Sometimes I think about how, even in the most altruistic and generous of acts, we are just satisfying our personal principles by which we live. It's awfully cynic, but I can't help to think it might just be true.

I like this quote.

Reactions: irrelevant_string
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
It was my fault I was born,When I was in my mom's womb,they were trying to abort me..Doctors said I was strong and held on...only to have a shitty life ahead of me...So being born was my choice I guess..but at the same time dying would be the best decision I will have to make..I tried last 5th but I only passed out for a couple of hours and well hello here I am..and im hating every moment of it.

C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Completely ironic how people call suicide "selfish". The pure fact of having a child in the first place doesn't get much more selfish, by definition.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Green Destiny, HGL91 and 2 others
ihatepain

ihatepain

Mar 24, 2019
Perhaps if one is among the ruling class life is worth living, but even then there is still a very dark side in that arena (backstabbing, false friends, some say there exists Satan worshipping as a means of mainting their status in society) Then again I do recall a few moments as a teen when life was care-free and great - something about being in one's youth before reality crushes one's dreams. Makes me wish I went out like British poet Thomas Chatterton who died at age 17.
You may be confused to what I am saying. There is a difference between "lives worth starting" and "lives worth living". I am saying that there is no life worth starting. I don't focus on the existing because I believe the existing people are a hopeless case as the damage has already been done (i.e. the wound has already been created and the only thing one can do is bandage it). The best would be if there was no wound to begin with.
I agree, it's better to never have been born for sure. I'm also doing the right thing, being an anti-natalist and never breeding. I've already mentioned that I got a vasectomy 12 years ago and I'm childfree. It's good to see so many people here thinking in a similar way and not breeding, while irl I'm surrounded with mindless breeders. I'm the only adult member of my toxic "family" who hasn't and will never breed.

vhemt.org
Thank you for being an antinatalist and for having a vasectomy. I had a vasectomy at the age of 21 -- best decision ever.

Vhemt movement only focuses on making humans go extinct. Humans are a small part of the problem. Animals should go extinct as well because animals feel pain too.
I can relate to this. I feel that if I commit suicide my family won't be able to handle it.

I don't feel resentment to my parents though, I think they did the best they could to survive life. Unfortunately having kids was part of it. I don't think they were ill-intentioned.

I've read once that having kids is, at the end of the day, a selfish act, since you are practically imposing life on them for your benefit or satisfaction. Can we know for sure whether life will be beneficial and satisfactory for them? I know for me, it's not.

But again, as selfish as it might have been, I don't blame them for being caught on the inertia of human existence, if it wasn't for it we wouldn't have made it this far as a species I guess...

This is interesting. Sometimes I think about how, even in the most altruistic and generous of acts, we are just satisfying our personal principles by which we live. It's awfully cynic, but I can't help to think it might just be true.

I like this quote.
I don't feel resentment towards my parents as well because they didn't do it intentionally. They did it out of ignorance and also because they were brainwashed by society. I feel sorry for them.

It is a fact that parents procreate for selfish reasons. It can never be for the interest of the unborn child because the unborn child has no interests/desires/needs.

I'd say that we can know for sure that life will not be beneficial for the potential child. We can know this because of the facts available to us. Facts such as pains always lasting longer than pleasures (there is chronic pain but no chronic pleasure). Another fact: the worst pains are worse than the best pleasures are good. Another fact: pleasures are only needed for people that exist. Every pleasure is just a pain killer. It is only beneficial if one is in pain. (e.g. pain = hunger. Pleasure = eating food to not be hungry). An unborn child does not experience pain which is good. An unborn child cannot be deprived of pleasures. An unborn child doesn't need pleasures. Another fact: Only an existing person can be deprived of something.

Humans have not made it anywhere as a species. They have done more bad than good. They have created more problems than they have solved. Just a complete waste.
It was my fault I was born,When I was in my mom's womb,they were trying to abort me..Doctors said I was strong and held on...only to have a shitty life ahead of me...So being born was my choice I guess..but at the same time dying would be the best decision I will have to make..I tried last 5th but I only passed out for a couple of hours and well hello here I am..and im hating every moment of it.
Being born was not your choice because only an existing person can make choices. Before you were born, you didn't exist thus you couldn't choose anything. It is not your fault. When you were in your mom's womb, you were not fully developed yet thus you had no knowledge of things and just reacted to biological impulses. Don't blame yourself <3
Completely ironic how people call suicide "selfish". The pure fact of having a child in the first place doesn't get much more selfish, by definition.
Exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, iinner, irrelevant_string and 2 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
agree it is to have been better If we were never born

Reactions: iinner, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Numbtopain97 and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

vhemt.org

I haven't had a vasectomy … I got lucky there weren't any mistakes when I was in my 20's :wink: Now it isn't a problem … I'm even uglier now and won't be getting laid anyway. I don't even have any desire to be with anyone anymore.
It's great to be childfree. One of the few things I didn't fuck up in my life.
I don't know why everyone thinks people should get married and pop out a litter of kids. Good for you to make the right decision.:smiling:
I have heard of VHEMT ... I seriously doubt it will happen unless it's forced on the planet through some cataclysmic event.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Painted Bird
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I haven't had a vasectomy … I got lucky there weren't any mistakes when I was in my 20's :wink: Now it isn't a problem … I'm even uglier now and won't be getting laid anyway. I don't even have any desire to be with anyone anymore.
It's great to be childfree. One of the few things I didn't fuck up in my life.
I don't know why everyone thinks people should get married and pop out a litter of kids. Good for you to make the right decision.:smiling:
I have heard of VHEMT ... I seriously doubt it will happen unless it's forced on the planet through some cataclysmic event.

Similar with me, I don't want to be in any relationship ever again. My looks are much worse now too which is fine, as I don't want anything from anyone anymore (relationship, sex, etc). For me having a kid would be the worst possible situation.
Yes, VHEMT is a nice but totally unrealistic idea.I think I'm an efilist now, thanks to @ihatepain .

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, ihatepain, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
I had a "brother" who was never born due to a miscarriage, lucky bastard.

Reactions: Sever, not-2-b-the-answer, HGL91 and 2 others
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Not existing is really better than existing. If this world was beautiful, and a paradise, then not existing would be worse. But were not in a paradise, quite the opposite actually. Not quite a dystopia, but were close. And we will never achieve a true utopia, it is impossible. Therefore it is wrong to have children. Because you condemn them to live in a world of suffering. And because of climate change it could become even worse.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, iinner, 21Neberg and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
God how great would that be. The things I've enjoyed over the years simply don't amount to the immense satisfaction of just not having to go through any of this at all.
And even better, I wouldn't be such a useless piece of shit, a burden on the world.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ihatepain

ihatepain

Mar 24, 2019
Similar with me, I don't want to be in any relationship ever again. My looks are much worse now too which is fine, as I don't want anything from anyone anymore (relationship, sex, etc). For me having a kid would be the worst possible situation.
Yes, VHEMT is a nice but totally unrealistic idea.I think I'm an efilist now, thanks to @ihatepain .
I'm glad to know that I convinced you <3
Btw, I got unbanned now. I did a self-ban few days ago.
Not existing is really better than existing. If this world was beautiful, and a paradise, then not existing would be worse. But were not in a paradise, quite the opposite actually. Not quite a dystopia, but were close. And we will never achieve a true utopia, it is impossible. Therefore it is wrong to have children. Because you condemn them to live in a world of suffering. And because of climate change it could become even worse.
If this world was beautiful and a paradise, it wouldn't be bad to have not been born because the unborn cannot be deprived of a good thing. Only an existing person can be deprived of a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Painted Bird, AutumnEmbers and 2 others
S

Sever

Jun 21, 2019
I wish I would have been aborted. Just imagine, how much happier would both my folks and me have been. No life, no shit, no fear to end it.
IMO nobody should have kids. Even if you are rich and caring, nobody can predict shit like illnesses, accidents, political and economical situations which may lead to your own offspring suffering. And ofc I have never met really happy people. Still don't understand why do people consider having wanted kids as something good - you literally force innocent person to suffer and act like you love him/her.

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Painted Bird, Baskol1 and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm glad to know that I convinced you <3
Btw, I got unbanned now. I did a self-ban few days ago.

If this world was beautiful and a paradise, it wouldn't be bad to have not been born because the unborn cannot be deprived of a good thing. Only an existing person can be deprived of a good thing.

If only … but this world will never be a "Paradise" … for most of us anyway. :angry::angry:
P.S. Happy you are back to the board. :hug:

I wish I would have been aborted. Just imagine, how much happier would both my folks and me have been. No life, no shit, no fear to end it.
IMO nobody should have kids. Even if you are rich and caring, nobody can predict shit like illnesses, accidents, political and economical situations which may lead to your own offspring suffering. And ofc I have never met really happy people. Still don't understand why do people consider having wanted kids as something good - you literally force innocent person to suffer and act like you love him/her.

I can't agree with this enough. :heart: I can't understand why people bring more lifeforms into this world …. ESPECIALLY if they are miserable & think that having kids to take care of will suddenly make it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Painted Bird, ihatepain and Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
If only … but this world will never be a "Paradise" … for most of us anyway. :angry::angry:
P.S. Happy you are back to the board. :hug:

I can't agree with this enough. :heart: I can't understand why people bring more lifeforms into this world …. ESPECIALLY if they are miserable & think that having kids to take care of will suddenly make it better.

Right? Don't they wonder how they'll feel once the kid grows up and move out? If they felt like crap when they were young and childless, what makes them think they'll feel better when they're old and childless?

• Love
Reactions: Painted Bird, iinner, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
I agree. It is better not to be born. I am a child free F, but both my siblings had offspring-five unfortunate souls between them, ....They both have failing marriages like our parents, financial troubles, drama, drama. Three of the children already have mental illness, and one of my siblings is abusive having CPS involved.....I think breeders are overall selfish. I wonder if they only had children for the oxytocin- hormone-high that both mother's and father's get for approximately two years after birth of a child....However, once that high goes away, like every high eventually does; I think regrets set in, and for most parents, it spills over on their offspring.....

Last edited: