Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
People just don't get it do they? I'm sure your mother has good intentions but you don't tell someone with cancer to just be healthy. It's the same concept.
Yeah I keep telling her it doesn't work that way

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Yes, I have heard that too. It perfectly shows how normies are unhelpful and detached from reality. But they haven't feel so much pain so it is understable.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and PhilipBrush
PhilipBrush

PhilipBrush

Jun 11, 2020
When i first read the title, I processed 'live' not as 'to live', but as the adjective 'live', i.e. a broadcast happening now, and I automatically thought of live streams.

So my interpetation of it was '...you should use your bravery to live (stream) your ctb'.

Oh no that's because I wrote live in capital! :(

That's totally my fault. Sorry for making you confused. My apologies to everyone who got confused because of my bad English.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Oh no that's because I wrote live in capital! :(

That's totally my fault. Sorry for making you confused. My apologies to everyone who got confused because of my bad English.
No, it wasn't your fault.
I wasn't criticizing your english, it was a misreading on my part.

• Love
Reactions: PhilipBrush
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
People are limited by their own experiences. Furthermore, people tend to believe they are the heroes of their own stories. The person who asks you to be brave and choose life believes themself to be brave by choosing life. They see their own struggles in life and they've persisted. Why can't you? And they want to live, so living is definitely the goal that everyone should have, in their mind anyway.

Humans seem to be wired this way. Our obsession with living long lives has always perplexed me. I have never wanted to live past 50. I've been open about this to just about everyone. They dismiss it as a joke. They think I'm being funny because I'm usually funny in social situations. (Probably hard for you on SS to believe, since I'm usually so depressing on here!)

Reactions: PhilipBrush
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Well I know I have problems but I don't see ctb as bad thing of something... so in this point of view I dont need courage to full-fill my wish, it's more a matter of opportunity.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, PhilipBrush and Commitmentphile101
M

massiveblackhole

Student
Sep 4, 2020
There are so many stupid quotes out there that people use. 'everything happens for a reason'- tell that to the paraplegic who got hit by a drunk driver. 'What doesn't kill you makes your stronger'- or it makes you injured and in pain.

My dad sends me stupid quotes all the time. You just gotta ignore it and try not to get upset over stupid remarks.

Ugh I HATE the "everything happens for a reason" quote its the biggest bullshit LIE out there!

I like your quote "what doesnt kill you makes you injured and in pain" - ain't that the truth.

Reactions: inflammed123
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Had someone tell me that depression is all in my head once. Like, yeah bitch, it's in my head. Want to help me with a lobotomy to get it out? :blarg:

M

massiveblackhole

Student
Sep 4, 2020
'how bout this one...suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems. " um no, it's a permanent solution to permanent problems/problems that seem to be getting worse.

Ugh I hate that one, I had a flatmate who used to say that to me it was so annoying. They don't understand that we are being forced to live a life sentence we didnt choose (and that's why im never having children). it's not just "having a bad day" its having an awful life that is not gonna stop until i do something about it. Like permanently being on a merry go round (see Sick Cycle Carousel by Lifehouse). Well I want off.