Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I am not trying to shit on parents here because there are some wonderful ones out there. However, I do think with parenthood there comes some level of subconscious psychopathy to be able to disregard the child potential for inevitable suffering (the least be disease and death) in order to bring them to this world. I thought about it alot and thats the best I can come up with. Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, markimobzzdeasui, KTbear and 11 others
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Not sure psychopathy is the right word, but it's definitely a lot more risk than I'd want to take with someone else's life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, sadghost, ImsooDone1N and 8 others
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
I wouldn't consider my parents psychopaths,
but they could have been more intelligent and made better decisions in life.

But then again, people are conditioned by their environment growing up,
also, now that I think about it, I did not know what it was exactly I need to do to effectively get out of a situation either.

Humans are animals,
They do their best,
If they even happen to think about it in the first place.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sides, medjooled11 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
My sister just had a baby one year and a half now ago, all i feel js sorry for that baby. we have to respect peoples opinions, but who in their right mind would bring a child to this crazy one, why not adopt one that is already here needing a caring home and love,

Reactions: Élégie, ImsooDone1N, Caspers and 3 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Procreation is always an involuntary lottery, with no way of knowing beyond all doubt the misfortunes and maladies that will befall your progeny. It is always better to not be born than to roll the dice and hope for the best. I do not feel that the latter is ethically sound, in my opinion.

Childhood abuse, neglect, inadequate care and trauma are underestimated, important issues. However, I do not believe that the majority of parents are psychopathic.

Many of us see life through the lens of severe suffering, systemic disadvantage, debilitating disease and so much more. We see the worst this world has to offer and the unrelenting ruthlessness that can befall anyone.

Society will preach that there is no greater gift than life and that being a parent is the ultimate sacrifice an individual can make. This is a message that is widespread and deeply ingrained, along with the view that life itself is a sacred gift to be cherished.

Most parents do not realise the potential for pain that existence can bring, and just how severely one can suffer. Those who have led successful lives hope to be able to provide a good life for their offspring (and in many cases - not all, of course - they probably do provide that in all honesty). With rose-tinted glasses that have not been tainted, they perhaps feel joy at the thought of bringing another human being into existence, like planting a seed in the earth and watching it grow.
Those who have not may hope that they can give their children a better life, that they can erase the errors of their own parents or compensate for their misfortunes.

However, I do feel it is often an act of ignorance and selfishness, even if they believe otherwise. Even if they have pure intentions. Good intentions is not good enough.

There are people - too many, in my opinion - who have kids even if they're evidently ill-equipped to care for a child, have poor genetics that can result in additional hardship and illnesses, or are unable to provide stability and quality of life. They lack the foresight and insight to consider the many ways in which life can go wrong. And it is the child who would ultimately pay the price.

I intend no disrespect to parents on this forum in stating the above. These are my own views that others are free to disagree with. I strongly stand against the spiteful rhetoric I have seen towards all parents as a whole (on other threads). I may be an antinatalist, but I do not feel it's at all acceptable to make sweeping generalisations that shit on every parent because of my stance on this subject. I just wanted to make that clear.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sides, little helpers and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Many people simply don't get that many things can go very wrong in anyone's life.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sides, Foresight and 2 others
I

idiotstillwantstodie

Student
Nov 11, 2021
I am not trying to shit on parents here because there are some wonderful ones out there. However, I do think with parenthood there comes some level of subconscious psychopathy to be able to disregard the child potential for inevitable suffering (the least be disease and death) in order to bring them to this world. I thought about it alot and thats the best I can come up with. Thoughts?

It's really always a senseless gamble just to get some sort of weird gratification or "fulfillment" in your life. You roll the dice, your kids pay.

In poorer countries, where they have no contraception, it's all much simpler. Women just kinda get knocked up and there is very little anyone can do to prevent this because people are very horny and will get blinded by their horniness time after time. Then they pretty much keep getting knocked up as long as they are fertile. It's very sick but it's the will of god! Or Allah or whatever you have.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would not exactly use the term psychopathy, but anyone who sees it as a good thing to bring children into this world must be delusional. Existence itself is the cause of all suffering, if you never exist you never suffer. Life is a pointless, unnecessary experience that we go through for the sake of it. In my opinion, it is better to never exist in the first place. I see having children as being selfish, as the parents are only doing what is best for themselves rather than the child.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and ShttyChicken
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well, most people don't operate on the premise that life is bad. When you start with that, yours is an easy conclusion to reach. Most people I know absolutely love their lives. I have to mask my level of depression and appear easygoing and upbeat almost all the time. It's become second nature and I'm good at it, but I still feel like I'm just faking absolutely everything (because I basically am).

My mum for instance thinks life is wonderful. She is a health nut and wants to live forever.

I'll never understand her as long as I live.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sides, little helpers and 1 other person
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
My mum for instance thinks life is wonderful. She is a health nut and wants to live forever.

I've known way too many shiny happy people who feel this way. this has to sound incredible but, back in HS I had a good buddy who wished to pursue immortality at the sweet age of 16. he took it very seriously. I was like, fucking hell, man! what's your goddamn problem! lmfao.

at the end of the day, life is all we know of. and procreation pretty much an instinct for most. you can't really argue like 97% of all humans are all "psychopaths". though it's safe to say that family structures of today are real fucked up. one parent or two that practically owns their children, privilege inherited through passing down wealth. but it didn't always use to be this way. and it doesn't have to be like that in the future.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Relax everyone. I didnt claim all parents are pschopaths. That not what i was saying at all :ahhha:
What i said that the drive to procreate must be associated with some level of psychopathy to disregard that the baby will be subject to inevitable suffering and death. Afterall all human tendencies exist within us even though some of it would become more prominent in some people than others but it is all within us

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I think this is why I want to adopt if I ever become a parent and am in the right headspace to do so. You get to be a parent without having brought another soul into this doomed world. If anything you're just doing your best to make their life as free of suffering as possible. If they ended up in the 2050 version of SS as a young adult and were suicidal, they couldn't hold their birth against you.

Reactions: deflationary, WoAiGou and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I think this is why I want to adopt if I ever become a parent and am in the right headspace to do so. You get to be a parent without having brought another soul into this doomed world. If anything you're just doing your best to make their life as free of suffering as possible. If they ended up in the 2050 version of SS as a young adult and were suicidal, they couldn't hold their birth against you.
In reality not so many people have a wide range of fortitude to raise someone else kids as their own before their fuses start burning one by one. I am saying this from experience watching relatives handle their own kids and they barely tolerate them when they are their own flesh and blood

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
im not sure, but I observed that many parents if not most are awful persons in general and resort to some sort of abuse towards their kid/s. The childfree subreddit is full of such stories.

Reactions: Sides
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
The only truly good thing I am sure I did in life is deciding not to have children.

Reactions: Élégie, ShttyChicken and Snake of Eden
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
i wouldnt say psychopathic, but i will that the decision to have children (or the decision not to be careful about accidentally making a child) is almost always barely thought-out, and irresponsible. Not all parents are bad, but mine and most parents i know are not suited to be parents and are abusive or neglectful.

Reactions: Élégie and ShttyChicken