BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I'm taking buprenorphine and the max dosage of Lyrica and the pain is still overwhelming. Fentanyl patches are next. I'll be lucky if I get any sleep tonight. This is fucking torture. Neurological diseases really suck. People wouldn't let an animal suffer like this. Not a good night. Just venting. I so want to ditch this decaying, malfunctioning meat suit. I never in a million years thought my life could get this bad.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sash, MrOptions, Blue Elephant and 8 others
Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
I have total empathy its awful and no life to live. As you I am in constant pain from a neuro type pain, and wish I had died from the accident that caused it. At the time doctors, family and friends said how lucky I was - they have no idea. Responsibilities I have here for others means to CTB would leave a real mess behind so I'm trapped to live and also work through it as what other option is there? Nobody cares on the medical side as they are not experiencing 24/7 torture and likewise they say there is no therapy for my problem now other than useless medication so you are left to endure a life in pain. Family and friends of course empathise but this changes nothing.

I went to a Pain Management clinic and said to the consultant they would not let an animal suffer like this (as you have said) and he said that an animal would suffer the pain as they would have no choice in order to survive!? I was so upset by his dismissal of how I was feeling and at that point realised I had nowhere to go. As you I take medication, they helped to begin with reducing the pain by half maybe but then tolerance grows so your stuck on a potent drug serving no benefit, this happened to me with Lyrica so I ended up tapering off it as what is the point of its side effects for no benefit? Then after two years of agony I started on Gabapentin which again helped but has now reached the same tolerance at Lyrica did albeit the side effects are perhaps less. There is no chance here in the UK they would prescribe to me Fentanyl but even if they did the same tolerance would grow. At least if you get onto the patches you could look into using multiple ones in one go to cause an OD and I would totally understand if you wanted to do that, maybe search the forum for details. You are not alone, you as many others do suffer like this albeit its little consultation. I have just resigned myself now to living in pain for the rest of my days & hoping to win the lottery or for some new miracle drug to become available.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
yup, if a dog or cat is suffering this much then people immediately want to euthanize it for humane and moral reasons. but if a human is suffering this much then for some reason they deserve it and are not allowed to die for mercy?! what the fuck is this retarded logic flaw in pro lifers

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer, Yavannah, Conker and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really despise this hellish anti-suicide society where only animals can be euthanised but not humans, it disgusts me. Humans truly are the worst species with how they see suffering and torture as something to be prolonged at all costs, but only if it's their own species.

Reactions: WearyWanderer, Immensevoid and BlazingBob
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I have total empathy its awful and no life to live. As you I am in constant pain from a neuro type pain, and wish I had died from the accident that caused it. At the time doctors, family and friends said how lucky I was - they have no idea. Responsibilities I have here for others means to CTB would leave a real mess behind so I'm trapped to live and also work through it as what other option is there? Nobody cares on the medical side as they are not experiencing 24/7 torture and likewise they say there is no therapy for my problem now other than useless medication so you are left to endure a life in pain. Family and friends of course empathise but this changes nothing.

I went to a Pain Management clinic and said to the consultant they would not let an animal suffer like this (as you have said) and he said that an animal would suffer the pain as they would have no choice in order to survive!? I was so upset by his dismissal of how I was feeling and at that point realised I had nowhere to go. As you I take medication, they helped to begin with reducing the pain by half maybe but then tolerance grows so your stuck on a potent drug serving no benefit, this happened to me with Lyrica so I ended up tapering off it as what is the point of its side effects for no benefit? Then after two years of agony I started on Gabapentin which again helped but has now reached the same tolerance at Lyrica did albeit the side effects are perhaps less. There is no chance here in the UK they would prescribe to me Fentanyl but even if they did the same tolerance would grow. At least if you get onto the patches you could look into using multiple ones in one go to cause an OD and I would totally understand if you wanted to do that, maybe search the forum for details. You are not alone, you as many others do suffer like this albeit its little consultation. I have just resigned myself now to living in pain for the rest of my days & hoping to win the lottery or for some new miracle drug to become available.
It's so true. I got about 2 hours of broken sleep last night. This isn't living. And it's not going to get better but only worse with age. I'm too sick to work and I'm running out of money. Disability is a joke.

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer and Departme
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023

I can relate more to you than you'll probably ever know. I have a form of body wide neuropathy that's causing me tremendous suffering. I'm in treatment for it but it's not curable. I do IVIG every two weeks And I sleep tremendous amounts. I can't take very many painkillers during the day because if I do it just leads to more nerve injuries. The only time I can take painkillers is during the night when I'm going to sleep in the form of opiates.

My neuropathy doesn't respond to Lyrica. Trying to outrun the pain with painkillers led to a traumatic nerve injury to my right arm and it's never been the same. I lost my ability to type and use a mouse I'm only able to be here because I'm able to use a track ball at least. Anyway you can DM me and we can talk more in the future if you would like

• Hugs
Reactions: Departme
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I went to a Pain Management clinic and said to the consultant they would not let an animal suffer like this (as you have said) and he said that an animal would suffer the pain as they would have no choice in order to survive!?
Way to go - to compare a human being to wild beasts. Well, when they get sick and can't fare for themselves, they die very fast. It's never a nice way to die, but they don't go on being disabled and tortured for years.

Also, wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare you to our pets? We take care of their needs, and when they get incurably ill and start suffering really bad, we bring them to the vet. BTW, we don't shame them and we don't think "poor me, this animal is leaving me all alone, he's hurting me so bad, poor unfortunate me!" We do what we need to do to stop the needless suffering. After that, I felt relief because my budgies didn't suffer any more. It didn't even occur to me to think about myself at that time.

I'm so sorry you have to depend on callous low empathy doctors for help. I'm in the same crowd - physical illness with lots of physical suffering, and I know that doctors can't care less. I couldn't accept it at first, I kept on at my GP, only to be labeled drama-queen and attention-seeker. It left me so traumatised that now I only deal with doctors for admin stuff and some ongoing prescriptions. I keep this contact to a minimum. I'm also from the UK.

Reactions: Departme
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I really despise this hellish anti-suicide society where only animals can be euthanised but not humans, it disgusts me. Humans truly are the worst species with how they see suffering and torture as something to be prolonged at all costs, but only if it's their own species.
Yes, we have to help ourselves.