• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MeaningDork

MeaningDork

If there's a will, there's a way.
Jan 14, 2024
So, I waa thinking about climbing this and jumping in here so I could drown since literally all other bridges near me are on highways and I'd definitely get stopped it I tried to walk them. Honestly I wonder if I should just take the train and try to find somewhere better.

Attachments

• wieheiwnsndski.jpg
    wieheiwnsndski.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 0
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I know we talked before but this picture shows more, if the center is that open in such slow moving water, the rest of the ice shouldn't be that strong either. You could just walk towards the center until you fall through, or just walk to the center and do it there. I wouldn't advice you to do so though, unless you're absolutely certain you need to go. If you are in that situation already, then I wish you good luck.

Reactions: MeaningDork
MeaningDork

MeaningDork

Jan 14, 2024
I know we talked before but this picture shows more, if the center is that open in such slow moving water, the rest of the ice shouldn't be that strong either. You could just walk towards the center until you fall through, or just walk to the center and do it there. I wouldn't advice you to do so though, unless you're absolutely certain you need to go. If you are in that situation already, then I wish you good luck.
Is there any way to make the entire situation more bearable? Cold shock doesn't sound exciting and I've read conflicting info as to whether it's easier or harder to drown in cold water.

ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
Is there any way to make the entire situation more bearable? Cold shock doesn't sound exciting and I've read conflicting info as to whether it's easier or harder to drown in cold water.
I have no experience with being close to drowning, but cold water is not pleasant to be thrown into suddenly, and you will panic once you realize there's no way out. Me personally, if I were to try using drowning as a method I'd pull my lungs full of water as soon as I got into water. I can't say how to make it easier, sorry. Possibly getting drunk to reduce the coordination you have to get out and to ease the feeling of cold?

MeaningDork

MeaningDork

Jan 14, 2024
I have no experience with being close to drowning, but cold water is not pleasant to be thrown into suddenly, and you will panic once you realize there's no way out. Me personally, if I were to try using drowning as a method I'd pull my lungs full of water as soon as I got into water. I can't say how to make it easier, sorry. Possibly getting drunk to reduce the coordination you have to get out and to ease the feeling of cold?
I've nearly drowned before, but it was in a swimming pool so I never experinced cold shock. I have absolutely no money to my name currently so I'll probably just have to rawdog it without alcohol. Thanks for the advice though.

• Hugs
Reactions: ManByTheRiver
pegando_o_onibus

pegando_o_onibus

trying
Jan 15, 2024
i dislike the drowning personally because of past experiences but if that's what you want its ok, i think the place is fine, and very cold of course. Try to do that when there are no people around. Wish you the best of luck <3

pepe_felipe

pepe_felipe

Jan 15, 2024
Yeah if you REALLY have no other choice then I feel as if this wouldn't be a bad conclusion. I personally just feel shitty for advocating for a painful death, (but if I were in your shoes I'd prolly do the same). You deserve better mate, please understand that we acknowledge that at least, but yea if you drown in the middle of ice cold water you would pass with a high chance. Wish you well no matter what you decide mate <3

• Love
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
Don't drown!

It's one of the worst ways to go. I speak from experience from when I was younger (not a suicide attempt). You continuously gasp, it's slow, and what people don't tell you is how it burns.

Your lungs arn't meant for liquid so the water really stretches it out and you get a burning sensation that is horrid. Drowning is a torturous, painful way to die.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Cold water makes you live longer and more likely to get saved. But it knocks you out faster and is more pleasant than warm. If I remember correctly. Source? Trust me bro. So you should double check that.
I've nearly drowned before, but it was in a swimming pool so I never experinced cold shock. I have absolutely no money to my name currently so I'll probably just have to rawdog it without alcohol. Thanks for the advice though.
Ah that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Any possibility that you could try something else? Is the reason for drowning because you don't have the funds for other things?

Last edited:
MeaningDork

MeaningDork

Jan 14, 2024
Ah that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Any possibility that you could try something else? Is the reason for drowning because you don't have the funds for other things?
Yeah, I don't have the money for anything else unfortunately so this is one of the few ways I have.

MeaningDork

MeaningDork

Jan 14, 2024
What's your full plan so far?
Since I can swim I've been considering weights, but I've read a post about a girl who did that but her SI made her swim to the top. I feel as if I'm going to just have to try to get a job again so I can afford some sort or sedatives so I'll be unconscious while drowning since knowing how to swim makes drowning that much more difficult.

CemeteryPet

CemeteryPet

Buried Alive
Jan 10, 2024
Since I can swim I've been considering weights, but I've read a post about a girl who did that but her SI made her swim to the top. I feel as if I'm going to just have to try to get a job again so I can afford some sort or sedatives so I'll be unconscious while drowning since knowing how to swim makes drowning that much more difficult.
I've been looking into the drowning method myself, but in a bathtub and in regular tempatures. Still trying to figure out my own problems with it.

Ideally, you'd need prescription meds like zolpidem or zopiclone. That would pretty much guarantee your success, since we're talking about a big body of water. Otherwise, even getting hammered could potentially do the job, but it's riskier. The meds mentioned are strong. Other stuff (like alcohol and OTC medicine) not so much. They also reduce your ability to make subconscious decisions and move and affect other cognitive functions quite well. I have a high mg of Zolpidem, prescription, and am currently experimenting to find out how my body reacts when I'm unconscious from them. I'm planning to film myself sleeping without, with 1 pill, and with 3 pills (more than that I might sleepwalk). SI is still a concern, after all.

Either way, a good sedative is crucial. Drowning sounds like the mother of all horrors. You could add weights to the mix, except I wouldn't use that to weigh myself down so to disable my ability to rescue myself but to make sure my body doesn't float up to the surface and I breathe oxygen. Some people's bodies rotate in the water so that their face is facing down, depending on one's fat distribution, so they don't need to go as far as weighing themselves down. I've done experiments in my bathtub and I do rotate. Some people also float while others don't, regardless of whether or not they know how to swim. That's another thing to consider and maybe test yourself. Because even if you do use a strong sedative you might still stay surfaced with your head above water.

Getting back to the meds, you don't need a good job to afford any of that. I don't know what your situation is but I'd try getting one of those prescription meds from your doc. Claim you have trouble sleeping, make some shit up. These are not easy to get, though, especially if people are aware you're suicidal, but they're really worth a shot. If you can't get your hands on something like that, you might also consider trying the SWB method, but keep in mind that most people seem to fail at it. Most people are not Olympic-level swimmers.

Lastly, FYI, you'd need 10 minutes in total, give or take, of cut off oxygen to drown. So make real sure nobody finds and rescues you before that or you'll end up with brain damage. Don't settle on people not seeing you jump in. In addition, since freezing to death takes longer you'll drown before you even get the chance to. I'm not sure freezing water would be required for this method at all, if that's part of your plan. Don't make it more uncomfortable than it should be.

• Informative
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Well, what about a height? Don't people who fall from bridges and survive the height always proceed to drown? That sounds so brutal. Sorry you have to go through this. Wait I have a better idea. Have you looked into hanging? Ropes aren't very expensive.
Ideally, you'd need prescription meds like zolpidem or zopiclone. That would pretty much guarantee your success, since we're talking about a big body of water. Otherwise, even getting hammered could potentially do the job, but it's riskier. The meds mentioned are strong. Other stuff (like alcohol and OTC medicine) not so much. They also reduce your ability to make subconscious decisions and move and affect other cognitive functions quite well. I have a high mg of Zolpidem, prescription, and am currently experimenting to find out how my body reacts when I'm unconscious from them. I'm planning to film myself sleeping without, with 1 pill, and with 3 pills (more than that I might sleepwalk). SI is still a concern, after all.

Either way, a good sedative is crucial. Drowning sounds like the mother of all horrors. You could add weights to the mix, except I wouldn't use that to weigh myself down so to disable my ability to rescue myself but to make sure my body doesn't float up to the surface and I breathe oxygen. Some people's bodies rotate in the water so that their face is facing down, depending on one's fat distribution, so they don't need to go as far as weighing themselves down. I've done experiments in my bathtub and I do rotate. Some people also float while others don't, regardless of whether or not they know how to swim. That's another thing to consider and maybe test yourself. Because even if you do use a strong sedative you might still stay surfaced with your head above water.
That's interesting, do you have any data on why z-drugs are the ideal? If a sedative is needed, there's stuff like antihistamines, barbiturates, and benzos too, right? Woold those work? Only asking out of curiosity.
Getting back to the meds, you don't need a good job to afford any of that. I don't know what your situation is but I'd try getting one of those prescription meds from your doc. Claim you have trouble sleeping, make some shit up. These are not easy to get, though, especially if people are aware you're suicidal, but they're really worth a shot. If you can't get your hands on something like that, you might also consider trying the SWB method, but keep in mind that most people seem to fail at it. Most people are not Olympic-level swimmers.
It's notable that z-drugs are a first line drug treatment for insomnia though! After melatonin and trazadone. Which is a common symptom of depression anyways. I know two people that tried swb and two people that failed, and part of the reason why did have to do with it being too dark at night, making the diving terrifying. So if you do this, don't do it at midnight.

Last edited: