Reading that you need gloves, protective clothing and goggles to handle SN, are these precautions really necessary with lab grade SN?
Also, here is the breakdown of components in the SN. Although the other contents seem less than 1%, wanted to know if there's anything to be cautious of?
View attachment 53587
I read that SN is highly toxic regardless how pure it is.
Actually the higher purity the more toxic it is I assume.
I read on a Chinese website yesterday about SN poisoning,
For the purpose of manufacturing or handling of SN in industrial or food processing environment,
It would be standard work safety procedure to wear mask and gloves as protective equipment.
SN are also used to kill possum besides the most commonly usages for preserving meat such as salami.
but basically, if you handle SN,
and contact by skin, eyes,
Inhaling or unintentional ingesting it, (more serious)
You can expect to make a trip to the hospital and it would be a medical emergency.
SN cause cancer in the long run if smaller quantities are Ingested/absorbed externally
Such as working in a SN contaminated work environment without wearing protective equipment,
or perhaps ingesting smaller quantities of SN for testing
Ingesting large Quantity in a short amount of time kills you. (SN method). So if you are certain it’s for suicide, protective equipment won’t matter since it’s going to be ingested anyway.
Hospital can save us depending on how much we ingested and how early we are found.
Basically I wouldn’t recommend tasting SN, inhaling, touching it if there’s a chance your life can improve.