• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
Quote from an article on lonliness and relationships:

"Emotional dissatisfaction doesn't mean we have to find love.
Love finds us at the right time.
Until then, we must learn how to be happy on our own so we could be authentically happy with our partner later. "

I have always wondered how it is possible to be happy on ones own or manufacture it without someone else. I find that strange. Is it even possible? if so, then I am truly defetive and need to die.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Quote from an article on lonliness and relationships:

"Emotional dissatisfaction doesn't mean we have to find love.
Love finds us at the right time.
Until then, we must learn how to be happy on our own so we could be authentically happy with our partner later. "

I have always wondered how it is possible to be happy on ones own or manufacture it without someone else. I find that strange. Is it even possible? if so, then I am truly defetive and need to die.

I get so depressed when I'm alone. I think I'm defective too.

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
This is going to sound so cheesy and trite to most of you but fuck it, it's my personal experience and I feel strongly about it so I'm going to share it.

I grew up lonely. That kind of abject loneliness that comes from long-term isolation. No friends, no acquaintances, no one to talk to or interact with. I had severe social anxiety so the other kids at school didn't want to play with me or even have anything to do with me. This was my life all throughout childhood and adolescence.

Being aware that I had no friends and no family, not a single soul that cared if I was alive or dead, was sheer agony. I wanted to be liked so bad, I wanted to be included, I wanted to be loved. So. Freaking. Bad. The first time I heard that we don't need to seek love from a romantic partner I was floored. I kept thinking about it and I couldn't figure out what that meant and how something like that could ever be true for anyone in any circumstance.

Long story short, I got better through a ton of self-improvement work. I was able to experience a partner who was madly in love with me. That thing that I'd always wanted for as long as I was alive finally happened! Amazing, right? Wrong. It didn't change anything. It solved absolutely nothing, within me or in my external circumstances. I was still constantly seeking validation, approval and ways to keep this love and adoration. Deep inside, I still hated myself and regarded myself as unworthy of love and being loved didn't change that in any way.

Fast forward to more years of self-improvement. Now that I love and respect myself I finally understand what that quote means. I finally get it. Every human being is complete within themselves. When love comes from within, I'm no longer desperate to seek it from other people, I'm not needy, I'm not ruled by the desire to please others whatever the cost. It's still nice to have friends, it's wonderful to have a partner, it's delightful to connect with others meaningfully. But it's even better than before, it's more genuine... and it's practically effortless.

You're not defective if you don't feel this way. There's nothing wrong with you. Some of us haven't been taught self love and some of us have been actively taught self hate. We can learn self love and we can unlearn self hate. I don't think it's humanly possible to despise yourself more than I used to, so I can say with confidence that yes, it IS possible to turn it around. For me it wasn't easy and it took many years of very hard work but it was worth it. You CAN get there and you're not defective just because you're not already there.

Reactions: Baskol1

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
It may or may not be. Desirable things usually take effort, work, self-improvement and what not. Doing things you don't want to to get things you want. How is that both persons want, but only one of them works? Perceived price and reward are varying, as motivation and willpower and whatever.

In school after a few month since I started working out I've got a lot of compliments regarding my appearance, how I'm doing the right things and so on. What they weren't aware of is another block putting me in motion. Another student made a disparaging, witty remark about my obesity, not just anyone but a person whom I deeply respected, and his opinion mattered a lot for me. Shortly before I started exercising. Coincidence? I think not.

It's tricky. It may be possible or not. You may be defective in the way you see yourself to be, or not. I truly believe things happen the way they have to, regardless of individual preferences.

Reactions: irrelevant_string
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
That article is a load of rubbish. How does one even be happy by themselves? People are sure to get lonely. Love is the only source of true happiness. A book I've been reading from time to time states that the temporary feelings of happiness people get from doing certain things may provide them with a "glimpse of Nirvana" but it isn't Nirvana itself. It goes onto say that "Nirvana or lasting enlightenment or true spiritual growth can be achieved only through the persistent of real love."

Without love and tenderness, you'd would shoot yourself, at least that's what I heard in an old French film, and I agree. Without love, we can never truly be happy. The story of Adam and Eve clearly is another example. I think loving another person is more beautiful than loving oneself, that's just my opinion though.