battlaxx

battlaxx

Mar 25, 2023
non suicidal people constantly insist that there is an inherent value to living but I honestly don't know what that would be.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, anhedonicNfoggy, DeadlineDialer and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, existence was something that was completely unnecessary to me, it's nothing more than a horrific, tragic mistake, it's a futile loop of senseless cruelty and endless suffering.

All that existing beings are doing is waiting to decay and die where eventually all they know will be forgotten about, the people you are describing in your post come across as so deluded to me, I cannot stand those who worship something so meaningless and harmful as existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: peace_van, Unknown21, Meditation guide and 4 others
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
None at all. Ppl with illusions think this is amazing and means shit. But it don't, in the end it's all decays and dies so it's all just meaningless things happening ..

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Rogue Proxy, SpiritualDeath and 3 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
None in my opinion. The human race is a disgusting species and I have no idea why people keep reproducing. Especially in this day and age. The 1% may have a euphoria-induced perception that life matters, but the rest of should be questioning why our parents brought us into this sadistic world.

Reactions: conarc, peace_van, anhedonicNfoggy and 6 others
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and Ondine0000ff
ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
I do believe there is an inherent value to life. I guess it feels like a spiritual belief to me, though I am part of any religion and I don't have any particular beliefs in any god or afterlife. However, I think that that value is just not enough to live for on its own. Like, a cup of plain coffee has some value, but if a company charges more for it than it's worth, no one is going to buy it. The company has either to improve the coffee with other perks, like milk and chocolate syrup and whipped cream, or it has to charge less.

Life is a cup of coffee. It costs you. It costs you effort and loneliness and regret and failure, etc. All kinds of pain, physical and mental and emotional. In exchange, life gives you perks in addition to its inherent value, such as relationships and career success and creature comforts and just plain fun. For some of us, the perks are not balancing out well with the pain and effort. For some of us, life is costing us more than it's worth.

Reactions: dialogos, peace_van, anhedonicNfoggy and 4 others
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
non suicidal people constantly insist that there is an inherent value to living but I honestly don't know what that would be.
no not really
life is not a fun thing for most people on earth, its pretty shit actually

Reactions: Foreverix and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, I don't think so. The more I think about it, the more I believe that there is no meaning to life either. I think life was just an accident that occurred spontaneously, for no reason. Billions of years ago, somehow life arose on this planet. No one even knows how, but it did. I think that life is just an experiment, and we're it's test subjects.

For me personally, there's no inherent value to living. In the future I'm just going to have to work for a living and make my own money. For capitalism as a whole, yes there's a value in me being alive so that I can be another laborer that can be exploited. However, I don't believe that this is a meaningful or fulfilling existence, to live this way as just another wage slave. Life this way seems so meaningless. Therefore, for me, there's no value to life (under capitalism). Living this way just isn't valuable to me. It's not even a life. I want to ctb because I don't see the value in life or living.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, MatrixPrisoner and redeyepiranha
turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
nope but bcuz of how meaningless it is i am over the moon w joy over ctb

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim, Nefer and 1 other person
FlowingVali

FlowingVali

Hello, Goodbye
Sep 13, 2023
I feel like life does have meanings, to some people. Like other people, or hobbies they really enjoy. But life is only great for people with something to live for. If you don't have anything to live for life kinda sucks.

Reactions: peace_van
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
nope but bcuz of how meaningless it is i am over the moon w joy over ctb
Ikr! Life is just so meaningless. There's literally no point to living. Tho I wonder if I would still feel this way if I didn't have to live under capitalism…

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
the thing is, there's no such thing as value in anything unless there's someone or something to value it. so nothing in the universe has an inherent value.

Reactions: peace_van, DeadlineDialer, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I believe that life does not have any inherent value, and that we must find or make it valuable in some way, if we want to continue to survive. This belief hinges on whether or not you wish to continue existing though; a person may decide that they do not want to find something which makes their life valuable, and this can lead some people to end their lives since they see no purpose in a meaningless existence.

For me - personally - I lean more toward the latter.

• Love
Reactions: hopelessgirl, peace_van and sserafim
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
the thing is, there's no such thing as value in anything unless there's someone or something to value it. so nothing in the universe has an inherent value.
Very elegantly and succinctly put.

Reactions: deafening
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Probably depends on the value system. "Value" & "values" may be a central concept in morality

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
It's a fact that some people live good lives and others don't, simply for the mere reason of luck. Personally I'm very fond of non-existence It's inevitable and true peace. I just want an easy non-agnozing way out.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's a fact that some people live good lives and others don't, simply for the mere reason of luck. Personally I'm very fond of non-existence It's inevitable and true peace. I just want an easy non-agnozing way out.
Ikr! It's honestly unfair that luck plays a part in things, but it does. It's also unfair that this all happened by chance, and you have to live the life that you were dealt. Tbh it's not fair that some people are luckier or born into better circumstances than others.

Reactions: ChiseHatori, telw84 and lwlaiet8887
T

telw84

Sep 21, 2023
I dont think so buddy, it just feels like perpetual struggle to me at this point, I cant speak for anybody else of course, but it feels like a never ending cycle of overcoming an obstacle only to be greeted with another, and another and so on, some of us are more blessed than others, and some just seem to get downtrodden and overlooked our whole lives, I am very much a part of the latter group, life has never been kind or much fair to me, and I guess a lot of us who have found ourselves here, I look forward to lights out, whatever that may be, take care buddy

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: dialogos, pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
For some people no value to life and for some lot's of value.

I find a lot of value to my life and enjoy lots of things even if it's just learning about things. I also appreciate nature and beauty a lot. For me, life can be incredibly valuable.

In other words it's entertaining at least to some of us. How much is spectacular entertainment worth if you pay such a high price by suffering, that's the question.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos and peace_van
A.W.O.L.

A.W.O.L.

Lonely Soul
Sep 20, 2023
Most people who believe life has an inherent value were simply taught so by their elders. Most people don't feel the need to question things without a reason to (which is stupid imo).

The reality of the matter is that those people are perfectly happy being ignorant of everything that doesn't fit the rose-coloured narrative they live in.
It's kinda funny because people don't realise they're the ones ascribing a value to life, yet they think they're simply acknowledging a universal principle.

I don't think pain is the reason we're aware of life's lack of value per se. I believe intellect and the capability to recognise logical fallacies play the most important role in mental processes like this. Still, sometimes pain is the motivator that leads people to question the fallacy.

My s/o was trying to use logical fallacies this morning to keep me from spiralling. He insisted on me being wrong about life for a multitude of reasons. I countered each and every one with simple statements and basic logic. In the end, he gave up and admitted he was just trying to bs his way into my head. He even ended up admitting himself that it's true, life has no inherent value.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and DeadlineDialer
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
I like to think that creating things and helping people are valuable, especially since that stuff can pass down and be talked about for generations if you're exceptionally lucky. Life by itself is a canvas - it is whatever you can make of it with the tools you have - and some of us have little to no tools.

Reactions: dialogos, peace_van and Foreverix
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
We're the ultimate Sims game, being played by some snot-nosed alien kid on his mom's computer.

• Yay!
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and ChiseHatori
T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
It's only subjective, because objectively speaking life doesn't matter at all. I think Carl Sagan's "Blue dot" speech illustrates this perfectly. But his conclusion is that Earth and life in it are valuable due to their uniqueness in the vast cosmos, but my conclusion would be the opposite. It's nothing but a grain of sand, a tiny flash, an instant that doesn't matter and will never matter in the greater scheme of things.

People creating subjective meanings and values like making children, building careers etc. but in the end - nothing matters. To me personally it's a terrifying thought - but what can we do?

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: redeyepiranha, cscott, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I imagine a lot of those beliefs are constructed around religion and intention. If we are here because of a creator, then we are supposed to be here to do something presumably. I think religious people see our lives as being intrinsically valuable because- to them, we are part of God's creation.

I think it's also about how we relate to one another and our rights. You'd hope that a parent saw value in its child's life. It's important that we value one another's lives because hopefully- that way, we will respect one another. Murder is wrong because we consider life valuable.

However- I'd say freedom of choice trumps everything. I'd say- in most cases- murder also denies that person's choice to keep living. Most crimes in fact infringe on another person's right to choose. Can theft or rape damage a person's 'intrinsic' value? No- but we consider them wrong because they took away that person's right to choose.

However- I would argue- we do have an underlying sense that life does need to be protected. This is an extremely disturbing case- so- don't read on if you're sensitive...

The case of Armin Meiwes is a difficult one. He killed and cannibalised Bernd Brandes in 2001 but- Brandes had given him permission to do it. So- is it murder if it was consensual? I would say- yes, it still feels like murder. There still feels like there should be some effort to respect and avenge Brandes life- for the sake of him and his family. It's an extremely difficult case but I'd say it illustrates well how we feel deep down. We may not exactly be able to put our finger on why we may think it was wrong- perhaps we think Brandes had to be mentally unstable to consent to that. Still- it does seem to suggest that we think life itself does need to be protected because it is valuable.

So, basically- I would say no- in terms of something God given- I lean more towards atheism. But- yes when it comes to respecting one another and following the law.

Reactions: dialogos and anhedonicNfoggy
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
You asked for an opinion.
I'm going to be objective about this.
In general, its a resounding YES!
For most people.
Just because my life has become difficult, is no excuse for me being so conceited
And pronounce Life has no value for everyone else.
I've seen people going on inspire of their situations repelling me but that's their choice right?
Most people I know are trying to wring out everything out of life.
Just because its not true for me doesn't invalidate their wants and choice.
I'm not counting CTB out for myself but if my circumstances can change..
Probably the best question is,
"Is there actually any inherent value in MY life".
Don't include other life who may want to experience it, warts and all.

Reactions: ohyouknow
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Here is what makes life precious to me:

seeing horses, cats, dogs, flowers, trees, grass, almost every living creature, the sky, the ocean, waterfalls, woods, rocks, birds

swimming, horseback riding, walking, dancing

some unusual interests in things like UAPs and cryptids

the tipping point was reached though and I'm ready to go.

Reactions: ohyouknow
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
No. Life 🧬 has no inherent objective value. All all life is just the continuation of a chemical reaction that occurred 4 billion years ago.

A human is just trillions of nano machines called cells that are connected together to form imo a torture chamber for animals that can suffer pain

Evolution can be proven by many ways only 1 is the stark similarity between all living things.

For example see that the organs in a human and a mouse are the same.

human-animal-similarity.jpg

The cells that make up those organs are totally identical. The basic eukaryotic cells has thousands of exactly the same nano machines and chemical processes that do the cells in all these organs . Of course brain cells are different from heart cells only because of added features to the basic eukaryotic cell.

That most of the Bodies of all living things are composed of the same cells shows that all life evolved from a single cell which is a machine

Imo the only difference between humans and other animals is that humans have language with which they are taught all kinds of subjective beliefs, ideologies, culture, religion, morals which imo are subjective. But imo these fictional subjective ideas like religion and morals are ingrained unto humans as absolute objective truth the facts of life. But to me there is nothing objective except extreme pain. How can it be otherwise if a human is just cells a chemical reaction?
Note that this is only one way of looking at the meaningless of life. But there are many more

99% of humans believe life is good and has value. And that you'd have to be mentally ill to commit suicide. But I think those are wrong. I believe life is bad and that suicide can be rational. So even these almost universally accepted beliefs can be shown to be subjective

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hopelessgirl, anhedonicNfoggy and lwlaiet8887