Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
How about if they're religious?

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd say that it's a higher risk among anyone with mental or physical disabilities. However, deep held religious views can also balance it out on the other end of the spectrum.

These sort of questions are generally tough to answer in any sort of definitive manner.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I don't remember the exact number, but the suicide rate among people with functional types of autism, like aspergers, is way higher than the average person. I don't know about the religious aspect, but I'm sure it's the same or marginally lower, since religion shames you into staying alive against your will. there's also the community aspect of religion that helps a lot of people, however, if you have low social skills the it may still be challenging.

people with autism can still live very fulfilling lives, usually without any help. but if you didn't learn the social abilities then you can get a good therapist who can help you acquire them, even later in life.

Reactions: Raminiki
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I'm autistic (aspergers) and suicidal. I wasn't diagnosed till recently, but it has affected my whole life. I receive no social support or help, but I do receive state benefit for disability for this and comorbid mental health conditions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile