N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I live in Germany probably there are different laws. In the US there is fair use as far as I know and it permits more than in my country.

But I sometimes insert quotes from online websites in my threads. Though I give the link usually with quotation marks. I am not sure how long such a quotes are allowed to be. Do I have to add something meaningful to it so that it is no copyright infringement?
I think I do more or less contribute to the fact that these articles get more clicks. Why should these websites be angry?

I think it is highly unlikely that these websites are going after me for that. Most of these websites come from other countries and because of such a minor thing they would not start legal action (I assume).

Yeah I worry a lot also about things which are not fully rational. I am just a very anxious person. Do you know how long such quotes are allowed to be? I think some other people here have copied (almost) a whole article into a thread. I would never do that.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't think you should worry! In reality people copy paste all the time and no-one does anything about it

Reactions: Someone123 and WhatPowerIs
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
It's fine really. If you want you can continue to put quotation marks, in italic, and with the source but it's really up to you.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I imagine you'd only really get into trouble if you copied a massive amount of text. Also- if you were trying to pass it off as your own writing or weren't adding to it in any way but like you say- you use quote marks and refer to where the quote came from. I'd imagine all of your examples come under the 'fair use' category. People seem to copy loads on YouTube under this and get away with it. Still, you could Google 'fair use' if it really troubles you. (I'm a worrier too 😉)