W

Warwar101

May 23, 2024
I've been wanting to CTB for a while now, I feel like I can but I am also thinking it is wrong, like, morally or whatever. I've seen some discussions on here and I agree with and some I don't agree with; but do you guys have any suggestions to CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Those are some big questions. I won't suggest a method.

As to the morality of suicide, here are some common factors to consider:
  • The person's autonomy
  • The erasure of pain and suffering from the person's life
  • Any potential negative impact the person has on their surroundings
  • on the flip side, any positive impact the person has on their surroundings
  • the pain of those who are close to the person
  • any dependents that the person has will be left out in the cold
  • potential future possibilities and happiness are being sacrificed for the erasure of suffering
Okay, so maybe those weren't all about morality. I look at it this way. It's your body. It's your life. It's yours to do what you will. I tend to be more "pro life" in that I caution people to heavily consider the choice and potential changes to try before committing to ctb, but ultimately I think it's morally right for it to be the person's choice.

2 exceptions (imo). First, if you are taking care of children, screw your autonomy you have to take care of them or make sure they're formally adopted by someone else before ctb. They didn't choose you.

The second exception I'm more wishy-washy on, and it's a hard line to draw, but I do think there's a cutoff age where minors should not be allowed to ctb. I'm not 100% sure where I think that is, but I do think it's okay to prevent an 8 year old from killing themselves while they still have so much development left.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair, Wormfood, Forveleth and 4 others
DeathIsInevitable

DeathIsInevitable

May 22, 2024
Don't do it if you're not 100% sure about it. It's crucial not to let overwhelming emotions dictate such a serious decision. Unsuccessful attempts can lead to permanent disability or long-term admission into a psychiatric ward. Consider this before you think about contemplating suicide:
Life is unpredictable and what feels unbearable now might improve with time. Sometimes, holding on for just a little longer can make a big difference. Your life has intrinsic value and your presence impacts those around you more than you might realize. Your friends, family and community care about you. Professional help and support is always available. Make sure you take an informed decision before you get overwhelmed by your impulsivity, emotions and the constant bombardment of pro-suicide posts on this forum.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, anxiousalpaca and divinemistress36
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

šŸ–¤
Apr 17, 2024
strictly morally speaking, i do think suicide is wrong--
think about the people who care about you and/or those who have to find your body... you traumatize them forever

but, at the same time, I think people are not wrong for choosing suicide
suffering is to each their own

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, DeathIsInevitable and derpyderpins
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
My personal opinion is, suicide has its negative consequences, but it isn't morally wrong

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I've been wanting to CTB for a while now, I feel like I can but I am also thinking it is wrong, like, morally or whatever. I've seen some discussions on here and I agree with and some I don't agree with; but do you guys have any suggestions to CTB?
Hey man, if you think this way, don't look to be convinced otherwise. There's no reason for us to say that you should commit suicide. If you think it's wrong to do so, then go live a good life. Go to the "recovery" tab and chill out.

Reactions: losing hope, Jorms_McGander, divinemistress36 and 2 others
W

Warwar101

May 23, 2024
Don't do it if you're not 100% sure about it. It's crucial not to let overwhelming emotions dictate such a serious decision. Unsuccessful attempts can lead to permanent disability or long-term admission into a psychiatric ward. Consider this before you think about contemplating suicide:
Life is unpredictable and what feels unbearable now might improve with time. Sometimes, holding on for just a little longer can make a big difference. Your life has intrinsic value and your presence impacts those around you more than you might realize. Your friends, family and community care about you. Professional help and support is always available. Make sure you take an informed decision before you get overwhelmed by your impulsivity, emotions and the constant bombardment of pro-suicide posts on this forum.
Hmm, what is the purpose of this website then? If the bad outweighs the good, (meaning that pro-suicide is more popular than prevention on this site.) should they not just take it down?

Reactions: malevolentdiety
DeathIsInevitable

DeathIsInevitable

May 22, 2024
Hmm, what is the purpose of this website then? If the bad outweighs the good, (meaning that pro-suicide is more popular than prevention on this site.) should they not just take it down?

I believed the purpose of the forum Sanctioned Suicide was to provide a platform for individuals who are struggling with suicidal thoughts to express themselves and seek support. However, from what I've observed, many posts and replies tend to have an extremely pessimistic and blackpilled outlook on life. While I don't necessarily view life as a gift, I also don't think it's as terrible as it's often portrayed on the forum. I've seen instances where individuals contemplating suicide later express gratitude for not going through with it, realizing the distorted nature of their thoughts at the time. This tells a lot about the vulnerability of individuals in such moments, where they may not be thinking clearly and may benefit from support, guidance and professional help, which can make a significant difference. Anyway, in the end, to each his own. You can extend an helping hand but it's clearly upto the person whether they want to accept help or not.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, anxiousalpaca and divinemistress36
W

Warwar101

May 23, 2024
Hey man, if you think this way, don't look to be convinced otherwise. There's no reason for us to say that you should commit suicide. If you think it's wrong to do so, then go live a good life. Go to the "recovery" tab and chill out.
I didn't say that I wanted a reason to commit, I already have some of those excluding you before I came here, I'm on the fence about it, geez. If you're so sure on what you want then you shouldn't be on the "recovery" tab or this one. This is a place to figure yourself out and help people having a hard time, so don't make it harder on me or others on this website.

Reactions: fleetingnight and Install-Gentoo
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
First of all, this site has no consensus. It's not a hivemind. Plenty of people like me are on here who believe in choice but take a more nuanced approach.

This website and similar forums give people a supportive outlet and useful information. Many suicide attempts are done on impulse. These are almost always suicides that I would say should be prevented. (eg. 'oh I was happy my whole life but my girlfriend dumped me yesterday and now I'm sad.') Those types of attempts can actually be hastened by the completely never suicide crowd.

Think about it, you're in a bad place, scared and hurting, and you try to get help and talk to someone and all you hear is "well just know you aren't allowed to ctb! There's no escape! You have to suffer forever!" You will become guarded, backed into a corner, and unable to vent for fear of retaliation. This place is welcoming and accepting. You can speak your innermost thoughts. And you know what? I bet I'm not the only person who is only alive because of the support from this community.

That said, most people on here believe there are at least some situations where suicide is the right choice. In that case, attempting an unreliable method can leave you still alive but paralyzed, disfigured, etc., basically worse off than you were before. And that sucks. If you've carefully considered ctb and come to your conclusion it should be done in a way that minimizes pain and potential for horrible consequences.
I didn't say that I wanted a reason to commit, I already have some of those excluding you before I came here, I'm on the fence about it, geez. If you're so sure on what you want then you shouldn't be on the "recovery" tab or this one. This is a place to figure yourself out and help people having a hard time, so don't make it harder on me or others on this website.
I hope you will understand that asking why the site exists sounds like you are trying to bait an answer which could be used to shut the site down. I will assume it's not your intention but your wording in this thread sounds kinda sketchy.

M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
You sound like chatgpt ;)

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²
May 15, 2024
Religious people are who consider suicide immoral, or if you think suicide is wrong for some reason then simply it's not for you.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
We all come to our own opinions in life, if you deem it wrong then you must carry that feeling with you. No amount of "suicide is okay" replies can change yours emotional attachment to your opinion. We can differ in our beliefs, but how it impacts us will always vary and many of us will be unable to relate to what you feel.

Reactions: Havnis
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I can't tell you the answer, but there are things u can do to improve your quality of life, if that's what u want

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Offā€¦.
Sep 27, 2023
Whether it's morally wrong is highly subjective. I personally don't think it is because ultimately it's your life isn't it? No-one else's. That said I think if you have dependents you should consider how it would affect them- for example children or an elderly parent to care for.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Yeah, I agree that this is highly subjective. I couldn't say if it's morally wrong or not unless I would be familiar with one's situation.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends on the situation. If its a parent leaving behind children I think its morally wrong.

Also for a prisoner to take the easy way out rather than face justice.

If its someone in genuine mental suffering who has given recovery a proper attempt, I think suicide should be accepted.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think so.
Well, it's a good thing you're not the boss of me, or anyone else, then, besides yourself, isn't it?Āæ Frankly, that response reeks of pro-life mantra.

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
DeathIsInevitable

DeathIsInevitable

May 22, 2024
Well, it's a good thing you're not the boss of me, or anyone else, then, besides yourself, isn't it?Āæ Frankly, that response reeks of pro-life mantra.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.

lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
I think it depends on how you do it I once saw a video of a dad hanging himself in front of his kids obv that's a horrible thing to do and very wrong
for me I'm leaving the house at like 2-3 am and drinking SN somewhere outside

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
@Myforevercharlie or whichever mods available, would like to keep things respectful in the thread since it has nothing to do with OP.

You're not stupid if you see suicide as wrong, I think you just need to figure out for yourself what is your system of morality. People have a tendency to not really sit down and figure out a complete moral system they find rational, generally people tend to have things they just feel or have been taught is right or wrong and then will make split decision judgements on what is moral as it pops up in their life. That is working backwards, the only way to make informed decisions is figuring out first what morality even is to you and then seeing where suicide falls into that classification for you.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Keep it decent to each other please!

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
If someone is about to suffer extreme torture is it ok to kill yourself to avoid torture?

Who would say no?

What's morally wrong about wanting to avoid unbearable pain? there's nothing wrong. and it doesn't affect anyone else. no one else can imagine the suffering or pain and it's none of their business especially strangers.

Lets say someone is about to become homeless and starve out in very cold weather with no other options. They can't easily order Nembutal because they made that a crime . So then they post on social media " please help i need to kill myself " . you know many strangers are going to say crap like "don't do it' . " it'll get better" . "think of those that love you don't be selfish" " there is help" . but they don't know the situation just want to stop a suicide . for what since we all die anyway. but they don't see that logic. if it were me and I was allowed to reply to the pro-lifers on that social media i would reply this :
" hey you have no clue about reality . you don't know my situation. it's none of your business what i do .the help i need is to escape this hell not bs that has nothing to do with reality. I have a right to kill these monstrous cells they call a human body for any reason. Even if i were a bilionaire young with health i want to kill myself , non-existence is what i want and it's none of your business plus we all die anyway so what's it to you if i live a little longer being a good little slave and die later anyway ,

Last edited:
Reactions: bluebird16, Vicolo cieco and ijustwishtodie
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I think it is up to the individual to decide if it's morally right for them.

Since forcing someone else's morals on another person is itself, morally wrong.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Yes. It is morally wrong to bring a new person to this crazy world. You can never guarantee that they will be happy. You will be responsible for all the moments they wish they had never been born.

deciding life isn't worth living for you isn't morally wrong just like removing ones self from said life isn't morally wrong

Reactions: Vicolo cieco and divinemistress36
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
If someone is about to suffer extreme torture is it ok to kill yourself to avoid torture?

Who would say no?

What's morally wrong about wanting to avoid unbearable pain? there's nothing wrong. and it doesn't affect anyone else. no one else can imagine the suffering or pain and it's none of their business especially strangers.

Lets say someone is about to become homeless and starve out in very cold weather with no other options. They can't easily order Nembutal because they made that a crime . So then they post on social media " please help i need to kill myself " . you know many strangers are going to say crap like "don't do it' . " it'll get better" . "think of those that love you don't be selfish" " there is help" . but they don't know the situation just want to stop a suicide . for what since we all die anyway. but they don't see that logic. if it were me and I was allowed to reply to the pro-lifers on that social media i would reply this :
" hey you have no clue about reality . you don't know my situation. it's none of your business what i do .the help i need is to escape this hell not bs that has nothing to do with reality. I have a right to kill these monstrous cells they call a human body for any reason. Even if i were a bilionaire young with health i want to kill myself , non-existence is what i want and it's none of your business plus we all die anyway so what's it to you if i live a little longer being a good little slave and die later anyway ,
This is an excellent post though what I would change is that I personally wouldn't reply to the pro lifers at all. I know that, no matter what I say to them, they will always stay pro life. That's just their nature. I'd rather save the trouble of talking to them and try to ctb alone to avoid suffering. Only a few people comprehend that it's a good idea to escape suffering

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc