R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
If you genuinely believe that you tried your best then no, it's not your fault. The only times I'd say it's someone's fault is if they were an abusive jerk who knowingly dismisses their kids' or loved ones' feelings while adding to their pain etc...But there are times when you just can't do much, or there isn't much you can do to begin with.

Reactions: badtothebone
B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
This is one of those questions that isn't universal. Sometimes is it yeah? Are some people pushed into yeah. Sometimes is it them alone? Yeah. Sometimes is it other things. Yeah? But honestly what I can say for sure is that it isn't only ever one thing but many. You need multiple factors ticked. The more you tick the closer the person winds up to being in a pine box.

What are you looking for? Permission to die? Someone telling you it is your fault? Absolution? We are strangers no one here knows you or his relationship.

End of the day he was 14. 14 year old aren't exactly known for making good decisions or respecting their parents. You also seem to care. In fact a lot. Just caring is better then the vast vast majority of people/parents.
You're right @brokeandbroken I do t know what I'm doing here maybe for someone to tell me it wasn't my fault so I can at least sleep or for someone to confirm it's my fault so I can just go head and end my life. We are strangers that's why your opinion is honest. People who know me told me it's not my fault. The doctors told me it's not my fault but it's because their response influence by our relationship so even if it's my fault my sister is not going to say it and the doctors look at suicide from mental heath perspective but I look at it as sometimes it's impulsive act to very temporary problem or feelings as you said he didn't make a good decision so it's pos that my son killed himself as reaction to our argument even if it wasn't big. I cared and l loved my so so much & will continue to love him until my last breath. Your response is very honest and I want to thank you for that. Appreciate you!
Well said.
You're absolutely right. Even tho I thought I was a good parent it turned out that I wasn't. I don't deserve to be a parent and I can't agree more!
If you genuinely believe that you tried your best then no, it's not your fault. The only times I'd say it's someone's fault is if they were an abusive jerk who knowingly dismisses their kids' or loved ones' feelings while adding to their pain etc...But there are times when you just can't do much, or there isn't much you can do to begin with.
I believe I did but it wasn't enough. I didn't have the knowledge I have today. Even tho we receive a lot of suicidal patients at work, who attempted I just never thought this could happen to my son. Thank you so much @Reflection for your response! Life is very tricky things happen out of no where and just change you forever!

Last edited:
Reactions: brokeandbroken