RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
Its necessary on an evolutionary standpoint of view. I like the intimacy that's connected with it if done right. But otherwise, it's not really meaningful.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I mean personally I went through a point in time where I was very sexually active. I slept with people I'd barely just met (which I feel like is getting more and more normalized nowadays). In contrast, I now have little to no desire to have sex and it has been kind of liberating. I've been "clean" for a year and a half now. I don't think it's a waste of time though. I look back on those days with fond memories. Ultimately though I think I could survive the rest of my life without sex.

Reactions: Final Escape and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I've been taking an anti-androgen for a couple of years and can confirm that a side effect is that it dampens the libido. But my rough understanding is that having no sex hormones in your body is unadvisable because it can cause depression and other nasty things, so be sure to speak to a competent endocrinologist.

finding an endocrinologist that listens is the problem. i know from experience!!

Reactions: karaboudjan
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
My doctor is giving me a choice to take anti-androgens (cyproterone acetate) along with a DHT blocker (finasteride) so that my sex drive essentially plummets to the ground. I feel that sex/masturbation is too pointless as it's a never ending search for contemnent.
It's a wonderful thing to have and experience, but it's not necessary to live. It can be frustrating if u are unable to find a partner. It saddens me that u are in a position that u won't get to experience or can't solve the problem without killing off sexual desire. To not ever have sex is missing out on something that is an aspect of life that makes it worth living especially when we are young.

Reactions: checkouttime
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think sex is none of those.

Sex is just one more pleasure you can enjoy in this life.

Those who never had sex or had few experiences tend to think that sex will be the savior or all their problems but, just like everything in this world, having sex can become a boring routine/habit.

My point is that I will still be suicidal whether I have lots of sex or not lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: signifying nothing
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
It may take hard work for me to have to deny myself of sex. Some say that the energy is better spent on something productive. I think sex is not necessarily the most important thing in life but it's only complementary between two intimate people.

Masturbation may only feel good for a little while but it's just never the same without being touched. I will always feel empty unless I can experience true genuine love of another who craves closeness just as I do. But meeting anyone who you can connect with that has similar views of intimacy just as you is rare. I once had that in my life and I'm not so sure if I'll ever have that again.