• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
I don't think so either, it's almost always very unpleasant with a lot of side effects.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't get the concept of this. Its either a proper attempt or a cry for help.

Doing it with the intention of failing just sounds like a cry for help to me.

Also very dangerous.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
The addiction part isn't true but I do think that the feeling of peacefulness right before a suicide attempt is true for some people. I think this because some people have said they felt at peace knowing that they were going to be dead and that their own suffering would finally cease. I think that, right before a suicide attempt, I would feel at peace too as I know that I no longer have to suffer if I succeed

E

Erik.t.f

Experienced
Jun 1, 2023
if your addicted to attempting suicide then i will say your not really trying to die in that case its sh and sh is addicting

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I am not saying addicted but it is repetitive if not treated.

• Hugs
Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Not addiction per se, but I've heard some people like the feeling of letting everything go and the peacefulness that comes after. Is this true?
I can see a point here. After failed attempt it's like your brain tries to convince you that it is still worth living for a while, making you look at things more optimistic, therefore feel better. But it's kinda diffuclt to be addicted to smth that have a really high chance of killing you though.

• Hugs
steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Not addiction per se, but I've heard some people like the feeling of letting everything go and the peacefulness that comes after. Is this true?
I have had one failed attempt where I passed out. I can remember just before that I told myself - just let go. It felt like my whole body relaxed, before it went black

I had the same feeling when I was gassed for an operation - just let go - I told myself and things went to nothing.

only if it had stayed that way

• Hugs
Reactions: lnlybnny and Kit1
nightlygem

nightlygem

Student
Sep 27, 2023
I think some people here have different interpretations of what it means to be addicted to something.
Would I call myself an addict? Not at all. However, I do have an extreme infatuation.
The rush, the adrenaline, the tension of strangling myself. The fantasy of shoving a knife into my stomach. The rush you get of driving really fast. There's something so thrilling about self-inflicted death, but I would hardly call it an addiction.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
I think they can. Any behavior can be addictive.

• Hugs
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
This is an interesting question. I have suicidal ideation - some days are worse than others. I have made some attempts - often in a dissociative state which really means that I have not been in control. Am I addicted to this notion - I feel peace knowing that if I decided to consciously go ahead (the problem is that there is a very good chance that I do end my life, it is most likely to be in a dissociative state which makes it complicated) - however I made myself a promise that if I was ever sectioned, made to do anything against my will, raped again, I will definitely end my life and as I have the means to complete the act, I am able to live at peace to a certain extent. This is not necessarily addictive - more nurturing as there was no one to look out for me or to keep me safe in the past and just a way of taking control of my life. Under any other circumstances, I have to fight to stay alive as I don't want to cause unnecessary emotional pain to my children. I think that the notion of suicide itself as a guard can sometimes be comforting to some of us. However it does feel like a killer when we cannot end our lives when we want to - and we all have very different reasons for that ranging from being a mother and having those responsibilities first, SI, means to end one's life etc.

I am not going to read what I have written as I am pretty sure that I will be confused myself if I try and unravel that. Apologies.

• Love
Reactions: Undertow Mermaid
jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
i don't think so. i think people can feel addicted for the feeling of calmness/nothingness that sometimes arises with depression (at least in my experience).

• Hugs
Undertow Mermaid

Undertow Mermaid

Human Centipede is a tour de force
Feb 5, 2023
All of this and above for me. When I just want to let go and not be anxious I think about how I want to go out, and how I could do it at that very moment easily if I want too. It adds a weird calming numb for me. I dunno if it's addiction, as I do self harm as well but I can say my SH thoughts are way more intrusive and malicious than the suicidal ones.

• Hugs
Reactions: AlouA and Kit1
A

AlouA

looking for CTB partner in SEA
Sep 19, 2023
yes, i think it's suicide ideation.. I've been in that loop for over two years now and I've given up a lot of essential things and i missed a lot of life opportunities because of it.. ig i wanted to not be able to return , so that i can assure my ctb plan..

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Yes. Anything that gives joy, euphoria or pleasure can be an addiction. Add any calming effect and it might be difficult to stop.
Or, it might make it easier to succeed. Just do whatever a little more each time. Oops!