• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
For fucks sake, it may be because I live in Ireland but honestly, I've applied to 40+ places since May (fast food, retail, other minimum wage jobs) and I have received 3 interviews. 2 of those I failed because I didn't pass an aptitude test and 1 was because I didn't have experience.

I feel like dying but you know what's the worst, I don't have any f*cking money to do that. I literally have had €0 for the last month and a half. Can't get welfare because I need to be means tested and of course my parents won't give their payslips because they don't want me to get any "free money". I don't even have money to keep applying for jobs as it costs money to keep on printing. I have to go to the library because I had to sell all my goods (have no electronics at home).

Seriously wish death and harm upon my parents and those businesses for this. It may seem immature but I'm always reading online of how people living in the US can just walk in and apply for a job.

dwight

dwight

Jun 30, 2018
For fucks sake, it may be because I live in Ireland but honestly, I've applied to 40+ places since May (fast food, retail, other minimum wage jobs) and I have received 3 interviews. 2 of those I failed because I didn't pass an aptitude test and 1 was because I didn't have experience.

I feel like dying but you know what's the worst, I don't have any f*cking money to do that. I literally have had €0 for the last month and a half. Can't get welfare because I need to be means tested and of course my parents won't give their payslips because they don't want me to get any "free money". I don't even have money to keep applying for jobs as it costs money to keep on printing. I have to go to the library because I had to sell all my goods (have no electronics at home).

Seriously wish death and harm upon my parents and those businesses for this. It may seem immature but I'm always reading online of how people living in the US can just walk in and apply for a job.

Girl, seriously, fuck them bitches.
ohno.gif

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Corporations are shitty and the process to get into them is shitty and based on lies and looks and being robotic. It has no relation to the human nature. Not to mention working in a corporation is a waste of life and they control you and you can't manage your life. Fuck corporations

It can be hard for some and for some its easy. There are many factors but they are based on wrong or corrupt ideas.

Its sad that you don't have any money, otherwise I'll suggest doing a personal thing even if you have very little money. Life is very shitty including the people and their ideas and economical systems that are robotic and doesn't care about humans themselves.

Personally, I'll never work in a corporation again and if I need money I'll do my own project. Otherwise, ctb is always available

I

IQof87SadButTrue

Jun 11, 2018
The job market is bad across the world. The world is getting extremely competitive. You need skills to set yourself apart from other people in the job market.

I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
i know this isn't ideal, but if you apply to factories, warehouses and picking fruit/vegetables in fields, these are jobs someone has a higher chance of getting. mainly because it's similar to slave labor, it's unsociable and very few people want to do them. you generally don't need experience either, unless you are operating specific machinery. like i say, it isn't ideal, but it's something. i would understand if you didn't want to go for these jobs though.

getting even a basic retail or customer facing job is almost impossible without experience and the right personality/looks. even basic jobs like working in a coffee shop will have 100 people applying for 1 position.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
i know this isn't ideal, but if you apply to factories, warehouses and picking fruit/vegetables in fields, these are jobs someone has a higher chance of getting. mainly because it's similar to slave labor, it's unsociable and very few people want to do them. you generally don't need experience either, unless you are operating specific machinery. like i say, it isn't ideal, but it's something. i would understand if you didn't want to go for these jobs though.

getting even a basic retail or customer facing job is almost impossible without experience and the right personality/looks. even basic jobs like working in a coffee shop will have 100 people applying for 1 position.
One feels that we are on a tipping point. The question is, the tipping point to what?

I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
One feels that we are on a tipping point. The question is, the tipping point to what?
What tipping point? Sorry I'm stupid and I don't understand :(

C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
What tipping point? Sorry I'm stupid and I don't understand :(
This is just a guess, but I think he is saying the world is about to change any time (tipping point), it's just that we don't know what the world will change to.

Reactions: YaYaDr
LittleDuckling

LittleDuckling

Jun 27, 2018
You just have to scrape the bottom of the barrel, factories are ideal, they have a very low skill requirement, it is very soul crushing tho. On the bright side knowing that you have to spend all your life working like a slave for a minimum wage will definitely make it easier to ctb. I worked a job like that during summer break and it made me realize that Im going to spend my life struggling to get nowhere, it was a large influence in my decision to finally attempt to ctb again.