• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hey,
Is it possible to make N if someone has knowledge of chemistry or does it require special materials and conditions?

I think if I'm a chemist, I'll do anything to make it for myself

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/barbiturates.html

Pentobarbitone. (Called Nembutal or Pentobarbital.) 26.7 g of clean metallic sodium are dissolved in 400 g of anhydrous (dry) ethanol. To this, a solution of 100 g of 1-methyl butyl-ethyl malonic ester and 37.2 g of dry urea is added. The mixture is heated for 4 to 6 hours in an autoclave, or refluxed for 20 to 40 hours. The alcohol is then removed by distillation. The residue is dissolved in water and this aqueous solution is acidified with hydrochloric acid. The precipitated product is filtered, washed with cold water, and recrystallized from boiling water. Yield: depends on your ability to exclude H2O from the beginning of the reaction, mp: 127-130°C.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

seriously Dude, been through this with you on other threads....!! or are you upping your own count? or counting how many threads there are, in which case you will be here for a while?