• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
Basically the question. I posted a couple of days ago about getting that feeling when drunk, but I'm sober now and I just feel it.

The problem is I've not tied up loose ends. I've not written notes, which I really want to do. I've not properly practiced. Last year I practiced partial and basically got it, but then I stupidly gave life another chance and now I'm worried I won't get there again or do it wrong.

I want to order SN as a backup almost guaranteed plan but with everything that's going on I'm scared to.

I dunno, what do you all think? Just go for it when you feel the moment is right, or wait until you feel certain you've tied up all loose ends and that your method is guaranteed?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
with my personal temperament, i think 'when you feel like it' with tiny smidges of pre-planning is better - but i am very impulse minded and do things to ruin my life KNOWING they will just for shits and gigs... i think when you feel like it helps with not getting cold feet, i guess. i planned to go a week ago, and i'm still here 'cuz it all fell through, and now i'm suffering through it!!!! #Yipee. um.

if you're not impulsive, planning is probably going to do better for you

CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
Thanks for the replies. I am very impulsive but I know this way there's a risk of failure, plus I know I've not tied things up for people when I go. Now just feels right.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I read the book by Geo Stone and a big reason suicides fail is because they are done on impulse. Careful planning increases the chance of CTB. The body evolved to survive so it's not as easy as most think to impulsively CTB.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Wait. Waiting gives me time to ensure I'm alone, uninterrupted, and completely comfortable with my death.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
For me, it's better if you try everything that you can do cause taking your life will take you to the point of no return, and if you already try everything, yeah you better planned your ctb properly

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you think / feel that one day you might have to CTB then it's the best to prepare and plan your method. When you have your method ready and at hand you can do it at any time when the time is right for you.

Don't pressure yourself, don't set "deadlines", probably it's kinda SI that makes you "scared" as you've mentioned this in OP. Remember - CTB should be the last option and it's a final decision. There is no way back once the attempt was successful and you should plan only 1 attempt that must work - failing would be agonizing.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's better to have a method planned. I have everything needed for SN bought and stored. My will is written, my notes are drafted.

Some methods are more forgiving on being impulsive. SN- it seems better to follow the protocol and spend time fasting and taking antiemetics.

But in theory- you can plan for impulsive methods too. If it's jumping, you can go beforehand to see what barriers are in place, how easy it is to get there etc. I went to a bridge once to see how feasible it was. Not with the idea of jumping that day but more for research. But, even someone who thought they would need impulsivity to get over SI could still have researched and planned their method beforehand.