• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Depends on how you get along with your folks, if you do get along I would leave them a message. In my case I don't so I would not.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
If the relationship with your parents are not super strained,
I would recommend leaving a delayed note/email with the general manner of your death. (vague description of method and location)

For me,
for example I will send delayed email to my local police department, and I'll say "sodium nitrite suicide at Street Number XXX, XX Street, XX City, at XXX time"
and for my parents I will say "lethal chemical poisoning at a motel nearby my rental apartment"

If you are not comfortable/think it's irrelevant to have them informed,
then they can find out on their own through the police at some point.

Last edited:
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
That's the problem with dying: on one hand, after you go unconscious for ever it doesn't really bother you anymore. On the other hand even after death people keep living in ones memory. So I guess it's up to you how you want to be remembered: found or lost.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I'd be cautious about a note detailing exactly where, unless you can guarantee that your method will allow you die before they can successfully get to you, (or get 911) it would simply be inviting another issue to deal with.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'd be cautious about a note detailing exactly where, unless you can guarantee that your method will allow you die before they can successfully get to you, (or get 911) it would simply be inviting another issue to deal with.

True.
Imo delayed email would be the way to go and need to leave sufficient time for dying as to not get discovered halfway through.

P.S. (Can always abort and call emergency services if you change your mind.)

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
True.
Imo delayed email would be the way to go and need to leave sufficient time for dying as to not get discovered halfway through.

P.S. (Can always abort and call emergency services if you change your mind.)
I was planning to mail and then jump but I feel that would put too much pressure on me. I was thinking of leaving the note in the hotel room with a "mail this" attached to it.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Because to mail it myself would mean I can't abort
which is why we need delayed email.
mail is less convenient and difficult to reverse if at all possible.

with delayed email its like you can set a time, and if u dont end up going through with it, u can just cancel the emails

Reactions: Homecoming
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
which is why we need delayed email.
mail is less convenient and difficult to reverse if at all possible.

with delayed email its like you can set a time, and if u dont end up going through with it, u can just cancel the emails
I don't trust it.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I don't trust it.
u can send a test email to yourself and it will arrive at a specific time that you set.

but I understand if u don't trust it.
it's good to find something you feel comfortable with.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
u can send a test email to yourself and it will arrive at a specific time that you set.

but I understand if u don't trust it.
it's good to find something you feel comfortable with.
What would happen if the maid tosses the letter? Would my parents ever find out? My parked car will be by the bridge. It has my registration. Would the cops notify the people at that address? The people I live with would notify my parents.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
What would happen if the maid tosses the letter? Would my parents ever find out? My parked car will be by the bridge. It has my registration. Would the cops notify the people at that address? The people I live with would notify my parents.
not very straightforward imo...

Im not sure if the housekeepers will mail it because it's not listed within their job responsibilities and they may not notice it and worst case scenario discard it.

however if your body is found (most likely it will since people will see you jumping if thats what u decide to do), police should be able to identify you somehow and should inform your next of kin.

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
not very straightforward imo...

Im not sure if the housekeepers will mail it because it's not listed within their job responsibilities and they may not notice it and worst case scenario discard it.

however if your body is found (most likely it will since people will see you jumping if thats what u decide to do), police should be able to identify you somehow and should inform your next of kin.
What do you mean not very straightforward? How would they go about informing my relatives?

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
my opinion doesn't weigh that much tbh.

"My parked car will be by the bridge. It has my registration. Would the cops notify the people at that address? The people I live with would notify my parents."
imo it's not very straightforward because they will have to first look up your registration, find the address, go to the address, tell your housemates, then your housemates will have to contact your parents.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
my opinion doesn't weigh that much tbh.

"My parked car will be by the bridge. It has my registration. Would the cops notify the people at that address? The people I live with would notify my parents."
imo it's not very straightforward because they will have to first look up your registration, find the address, go to the address, tell your housemates, then your housemates will have to contact your parents.
They don't have to go to the address. I'm sure a number could be found for that address.

I thought they would notify a relative. That's the best shot they have.