Is Inter-racial dating/marriage bad?

• Yes, inter-racial dating/marriage is bad.

• No, inter-racial dating/marriage is good.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
This is an open-discussion on inter-racial dating/marriage.

I personally am against inter-racial dating and marriage for reasons listed below
but I would like to explore how other people feel about this:

People can say love have no boundaries however I question whether they are putting themselves in a favourable position.
-children get bullied more for being inter-racial, for this reason it might have been easier for the parents to date within their race.
-another hypothesis is that inter-racial couples both prefer the opposite race therefore they both suffer from low-esteem and is a toxic situation no one actually talks about.
-another area of concern would be racial fetishism and how it affects a relationship/marriage, assuming they do not have a good understanding of their partner's culture.

Can someone please offer your opinion regarding this,
feel free to vote,
if you have any thoughts about this topic whether it is good or bad,
please comment below and explain why you think that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotOkay_, Homecoming, Disappointered and 1 other person
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
This is an open-discussion on inter-racial dating/marriage.

I personally am against inter-racial dating and marriage for reasons listed below
but I would like to explore how other people feel about this:

People can say love have no boundaries however I question whether they are putting themselves in a favourable position.
-children get bullied more for being inter-racial, for this reason it might have been easier for the parents to date within their race.
-another hypothesis is that inter-racial couples both prefer the opposite race therefore they both suffer from low-esteem and is a toxic situation no one actually talks about.
-another area of concern would be racial fetishism and how it affects a relationship/marriage, assuming they do not have a good understanding of their partner's culture.

Can someone please offer your opinion regarding this,
feel free to vote,
if you have any thoughts about this topic whether it is good or bad,
please comment below and explain why you think that is.
For your first point, inter racial children get bullied because their upbringing causes them to see a problem with it. Children do not discriminate unless it is taught. Where I live in america, we are diverse. In fact, inter racial people tend to be popular.

Once you get passed the fact that I have a different culture/ look different, you realize that we all bleed the same and we all are made up of the same thing. That is what love is. You see and love a person for who they are, not for how they look.

For your second point I think you should elaborate more. How does liking another race make someone insecure? That sounds more like a personal problem than a global problem.

For your last point, I can see what you're trying to imply, but again that isn't good enough to justify against inter racial relationships. Being only attracted to one race is not a fetish, and there isn't anything wrong with it. Some people are only attracted to one race. That's like how some people will only date people with brown hair or blue eyes. People can be with other races and try to learn their culture or not. Again, thats a personal problem within people and does not reflect everyone else.

Reactions: NightmareTour, Midnight-rain, HungryGhost and 4 others
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Wouldn't it better if more inter racial marriages happen? Just so that it can get normalized. I'm not much of an expert to subject though. Our country is just full of mixed race people so they aren't being bullied because of it.

• Love
Reactions: NightmareTour, Midnight-rain, FriendofDeath and 6 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
For your first point, inter racial children get bullied because their upbringing causes them to see a problem with it. Children do not discriminate unless it is taught. Where I live in america, we are diverse. In fact, inter racial people tend to be popular.

Once you get passed the fact that I have a different culture/ look different, you realize that we all bleed the same and we all are made up of the same thing. That is what love is. You see and love a person for who they are, not for how they look.

For your second point I think you should elaborate more. How does liking another race make someone insecure? That sounds more like a personal problem than a global problem.

For your last point, I can see what you're trying to imply, but again that isn't good enough to justify against inter racial relationships. Being only attracted to one race is not a fetish, and there isn't anything wrong with it. Some people are only attracted to one race. That's like how some people will only date people with brown hair or blue eyes. People can be with other races and try to learn their culture or not. Again, thats a personal problem within people and does not reflect everyone else.
It's not a personal problem as many people have tried to address these issues in the past.
You've essentially dismissed all I've mentioned by avoiding to actually discuss the issue.

Reactions: Disappointered and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I'm bullied with racial derogatory insults when I was in school. I even lied that I'm not a product of mix marriage.
Kids can be cruel. *sigh :eh:
Like living in a Quasi-Hitler environment.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NightmareTour, Fragile, ak738 and 7 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't think they're good or bad, I just see them as any other marriage. I come from mixed marriage parents and I can confirm that I did get bullied because of it but I think I would have been bullied If I wasn't half Asian too. Cause I'm just the perfect person to get bullied, the quiet kid that doesn't talk to anyone and just sits at the desk drawing some doodles
My parents definitely didn't get married beside of some fetish or something. They met at the airport because my dad was traveling and my mom worked there so it just happened to happen. My mom's parents actually looked down upon my mom because she chose an Asian and her parents are resists. So I do think they married just because of love

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NightmareTour, sourpink, Maka hiamoe and 7 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I can't really comment on interracial relationships because I myself don't come from one. But as @Nymph said it's just another type of relationship (in my eyes).

Kids on the other hand are pretty much little assholes who will find a reason to bully a person they don't like anyways.
I was bullied for my disability, my height and my weight (too much and too little at some point) and probably would have been for anything else as I was the quiet/strange type of person who stood out.
So it's more a matter of teaching those kids to be okay with or accept differences and be kind to one another.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: NightmareTour, Wraith, Kat! and 5 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm actually all for it despite being mostly pure Asian myself. I'd want a white partner since culturally that's what I most relate to. I do think the world would be a better place if interracial marriage in general were more widespread for two reasons:

-If the whole global population becomes some mix of black, white, and everything in between maybe a lot of racial issues would get solved. Example: no more "your ancestors killed my ancestors" we'd have more "all our ancestors killed each other". It wouldn't end all wars and conflicts per se but it would give us one less dynamic to worry about. At the very least we can start discussing class issues better without scapegoating them into racial issues.

-More genetic diversity = stronger humans. As time goes on, much like with dog and cat breeds, the only way to keep races pure is through inbreeding. Mixed breed dogs and cats are just as good as purebreds if not better because of the lack of genetic disorders. It's why I'd rather not go out with other Asians if I can help it because a lot of times to me they just look like relatives of mine.

Reactions: NightmareTour, HungryGhost, FriendofDeath and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I hear bad and I think someone's going to get a spanking for misbehaving.

• Wow
Reactions: puppy9, Wraith, Brink and 1 other person
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
None of those things make IR relationships inherently bad, it's our responses to those things that are bad

Reactions: NightmareTour, FriendofDeath, Wraith and 3 others
I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
I have no idea why they are bad?! They aren't always good but that doesn't have to do anything with race. Just that people can suck.

Reactions: NightmareTour, Wraith, Skathon and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I don't think interracial relationships are good or bad. I think they're fine. Love who you want to love.
On the subject of interracial kids, I knew some in high school. They got bullied and badmouthed, and I never understood why, because apart from being very nice people, they were absolutely beautiful.

Reactions: Wraith, Skathon, Heaven and 4 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Age and species are the only barriers I support when it comes to love.
They should be old enough to consent, and they should be humans.

Not saying you can't love an anime girl, or a person who identifies as another being or whatnot, but like, beastiality is a big no.

Reactions: NightmareTour, GoneGirl, Wraith and 2 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I put other. I wouldn't support stopping people and under the right circumstances it can turn out okay but generally I think it's a bad idea for reasons I've mentioned elsewhere. I agree with the OP's points.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and KleinerWolf
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I'm the product of an Interracial marriage, I am mixed. I don't say this out loud but I have a deep hatred for people who fetishize mixed kids. I do tell them that the child will always feel like an outsider and never fit in anywhere not even with their own family, you'll always be too much or not enough of something. Something positive to add, I suppose, is that my genetic makeup is possibly more healthy(?) than my friends as their parents and parents before them and so forth all married and had offspring in the same area.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Wraith, Deleted member 19654 and 3 others
H

Heaven

Dec 9, 2020
I voted "other" because I believe it is neither good nor bad. You shouldn't judge people based on their race, but rather on who they are. So quite frankly, an interracial marriage is no different from any other marriage.

Reactions: NightmareTour, Grav, Wraith and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This is a heated subject and honestly I could care less who someone decides to love. That's their business and it has no weight or bearing on me.

We're all inter-racial mutts anyways. Not 1 person on this planet has a 100% "pure" genetic lineage.

Reactions: NightmareTour, sourpink, Butterflyshadow and 13 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
What's this thread, are we back in the 1950?

Also I doubt anyone is gonna out themselves as a racist in this thread.

Reactions: NightmareTour, sourpink, HungryGhost and 10 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It's not the relationship that's bad but the lighting.

4b7940462278a4bb43efd7467cfde3bc

Reactions: HungryGhost, Kat!, FriendofDeath and 5 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm the product of an Interracial marriage, I am mixed. I don't say this out loud but I have a deep hatred for people who fetishize mixed kids. I do tell them that the child will always feel like an outsider and never fit in anywhere not even with their own family, you'll always be too much or not enough of something. Something positive to add, I suppose, is that my genetic makeup is possibly more healthy(?) than my friends as their parents and parents before them and so forth all married and had offspring in the same area.
I agree with you entirely about people who fetishize mixed kids.

Re genetic makeup, I wouldn't know as I'm not a geneticist but I'm not sure mixed people are healthier. I've heard of hybrid vigour but I don't know if it necessarily means that about mixed people.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Reactions: LONE WOLF. and Disappointered
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I'm going to only approach the issue of mixed children, because idgaf who people want to date, fuck, or marry.

1. Eventually, people will start to genetically modify their children, and so will governments like china. This will produce superior human beings. These humans will be much stronger, smarter, and healthier than any mixing of races can produce.
2. Mixed race children tend to take on most of the dominant traits, it's relatively easy for a mixed race child to claim they are of one race.
3. I honestly don't know a single mixed race child that is bullied for being mixed race. If that were the case, a single race child who was different than the majority would also be bullied.
4. Being mixed race can actually have a positive impact when it comes to school admittance and securing a job due to diversity laws.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm surprised that so many people are sure that if bullying happens to any mixed race people it's exclusively due to other factors. I doubt they would be making that assumption if they were discussing similar complaints in which supporting the claims would suggest opposition to other better known forms of 'intolerance'. But in this case supporting the claim would appear, superficially, to promote rather than oppose racism by admitting racial integrity matters. Accordingly, people follow orders and tell themselves it must be inaccurate to attribute problems to being mixed so that they can justify supporting racial mixing, thereby relieving themselves from having to feel racist.

Mixed race people are much more likely to suffer from mental illness than others. Whatever the advantages by way of diversity laws it's still better to be one race - even if it's one that isn't white. I would never promote racial mixing unless I was being honest about why I wanted it to happen (ie Kalergi plan) and undertook it in such a manner as to ensure the mixed race people didn't suffer any more than others might, which would involve a lot of things that would probably never happen. So I would probably never promote it. And that's assuming there's nothing innately damaging about being mixed, which I'm not sure about.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
That poll is missing the option "who cares". I mean, this is kind of dated, to be thinking is it good or bad since at least in the country I live in, it's here. If anyone thinks it's bad so what. People don't get to dictate who other people can love and marry.
You wouldn't think so would you and yet someone already did. It shows the different cultures where in some countries it's quite acceptable and normal to be openly racist, maybe in countries that don't have many people of color. I think I read the OP lives in Russia. I'm just pointing out that for different cultures there are different things considered normal and acceptable. Some eastern European countries have a similar openness and acceptance about racist viewpoints. In some it's more about certain ethnicities which are shunned and intermarriages are condemned.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NightmareTour, sourpink, Skathon and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I say date whoever you want regardless of race. If people bitch about it, fuck them and their opinions. I'm black and looking to start a relationship with a Hispanic guy, though I'm wanting to date him because he has a great personality :)

• Love
Reactions: NightmareTour, Going Home, Kat! and 4 others
P

papulin

Nov 5, 2020
If folks are talking about children's experiences 'fitting in' they should probably identify the country they are referring to - in the U.S., I believe nearly 1 in 5 newlyweds are interracial marriages. In urban areas, esp. coastal 'elite' cities, I'd argue the rates of interracial marriages exceed 50% & might be closer to 80%.

I've actually read research that suggests humans are naturally, genetically pre-disposed to attraction to those who are different from them, but it is societal conditioning that contradicts that instinctive impulse.

I also believe that children of interracial couples are more likely be healthier, intelligent, etc. This is not really controversial, it's the 'mutt' theory of genetics & is also proven through the high rates of certain genetic diseases (e.g., Tay Sachs) within closed communities (Hacidic Jews, etc.)

I also completely disagree that mixed race people suffer from mental/emotional issues more than others. In fact, I might argue they are genetically more resilient but it is likely that this 1st 'wave' of mixed race folks have had to bear the frontier challenges of being different. The 2nd wave will not have the same challenges.

Reactions: RockBot, NightmareTour and Meditation guide
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I also completely disagree that mixed race people suffer from mental/emotional issues more than others.
There's research demonstrating that they do.

I feel bad for the first few waves of mixed race people whose suffering appears to be of no concern to so-called anti-racists. I'm guessing I'm not the only one among the first waves who'd gladly see these kinds of anti-racists suffer.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
That poll is missing the option "who cares". I mean, this is kind of dated, to be thinking is it good or bad since at least in the country I live in, it's here. If anyone thinks it's bad so what. People don't get to dictate who other people can love and marry.

You wouldn't think so would you and yet someone already did. It shows the different cultures where in some countries it's quite acceptable and normal to be openly racist, maybe in countries that don't have many people of color. I think I read the OP lives in Russia. I'm just pointing out that for different cultures there are different things considered normal and acceptable. Some eastern European countries have a similar openness and acceptance about racist viewpoints. In some it's more about certain ethnicities which are shunned and intermarriages are condemned.
OP Is Chinese and lives in New Zealand...
I'm not sure people in this thread would have had the same reaction if they knew it.

Please don't analyse reality with an ethnocentered viewpoint folks,
multicultural Anglo-Saxon countries --/-- the world
It was probably your point but I'm not sure

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Skathon, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

Hold your horses bro.
Besides I lived in China and New Zealand.
I never said I'm against other people's choices in life.
As you mentioned, they can do whatever they want.

To rephrase it for you, what I wanted to know is how people feel about whether inter-racial people have it tough and whether some issues can be prevented by not getting involved with it.

Let's not pull the racist card every time when others trying to have a discussion.
OP Is Chinese and lives in New Zealand...
I'm not sure people in this thread would have had the same reaction if they knew it.

Please don't analyse reality with an ethnocentered viewpoint folks,
multicultural Anglo-Saxon countries --/-- the world
It was probably your point but I'm not sure
Im not sure if we are referring to my personal life (for expecting a different reaction from others)

I would certainly think myself coming from both closed and multicultural background will allow me to analyze things for what they are , as opposed to the norms society sets out for us.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Amumu and Disappointered
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

Hold your horses bro.
Besides I lived in China and New Zealand.
I never said I'm against other people's choices in life.
As you mentioned, they can do whatever they want.

To rephrase it for you, what I wanted to know is how people feel about whether inter-racial people have it tough and whether some issues can be prevented by not getting involved with it.

Let's not pull the racist card every time when others trying to have a discussion.

Im not sure if we are referring to my personal life (for expecting a different reaction from others)

I would certainly think myself coming from both closed and multicultural background will allow me to analyze things for what they are , as opposed to the norms society sets out for us.
In my society the poll itself would be considered racist.

• Hugs
Reactions: NightmareTour, sourpink, HungryGhost and 3 others