hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Non existence does seem lovely but I do wonder sometimes how dying is just a way to stop feeling bad and most people who want to die would like to just actually enjoy living without feeling terrible in all the ways our psyche can!
Really old super boomers do seem content to die after having lived a long time. It is really a shame that life pushes people to go against their every instincts and die. H

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Reach, darkghost and 11 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
It's saddening to think about it. None of us asked to be born, yet we were anyway, and throughout our lives, we have goals after goals that are short-term that either we or others set out. As we achieve these short-term goals and try to find the ultimate purpose for our existence, some manage to be happy and get support from others, while some have to go through so much hardship.

At the end of the day, we all want to not have to suffer at least, and be happy at best. Killing oneself is not the easiest route, but it is the route that involves the least risks. No one can promise that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and for a lot of people, to live on another day means to gamble and risk having to suffer even more for another day. It's really sad.

• Love
Reactions: Reach, darkghost, stillweary and 10 others
thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
I think a lot about the different types of death that we can go through. I've recently been really fascinated with the ego death and the loss of subjective self identity as a means to keep going, but take away what makes you essentially you so it can become something new. I think that our psyches are more complex than we act like, so much of human history is repeated through predictable human behavior, what makes me different from all that, and what makes me a part of it all? I would look into ego death and what its about, and by no means do I completely recommend attempting ego death, I am just saying it's a more interesting concept beyond just being content with death and its consequences.

Reactions: taylor321, dropdeadfred, hoping to lose hope and 2 others
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
I have achieved all I could ever wish., dying is the next step for me. I look forward to finding out what is on the other side...or eternal rest..what ever it may be.

• Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, dropdeadfred, Deleted member 23586 and 4 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
It's saddening to think about it. None of us asked to be born, yet we were anyway, and throughout our lives, we have goals after goals that are short-term that either we or others set out. As we achieve these short-term goals and try to find the ultimate purpose for our existence, some manage to be happy and get support from others, while some have to go through so much hardship.
Having a positive outlook can help because I am like entirely negative.

Our consciousness was a mistake and we are insignificant specks of cosmic dust that are driven by insatiable desires leaving us forever unsatisfied while we suffer because it proved effective with the only real purpose being biological and a callous one at that to pass on our genes to cause a cycle of suffering until the earth dies.
With a negative outlook like this it is hard to accept anything as it is without thinking beyond and therefore concluding with pessimism.

I think a lot about the different types of death that we can go through. I've recently been really fascinated with the ego death and the loss of subjective self identity as a means to keep going, but take away what makes you essentially you so it can become something new. I think that our psyches are more complex than we act like, so much of human history is repeated through predictable human behavior, what makes me different from all that, and what makes me a part of it all? I would look into ego death and what its about, and by no means do I completely recommend attempting ego death, I am just saying it's a more interesting concept beyond just being content with death and its consequences.
Have you experienced ego death?

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
yeah, in a weird sort of way none of us really want to DIE, per say, or at least i don't think we do, it's just that our lives are so full of pain, and what little joy that comes around isn't really enough to make us feel better, that simply ceasing all life functions is the most preferable choice, i guess. something like that.

• Love
Reactions: stillweary, dropdeadfred, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Quality of life is everything for me. Once that quality reaches a certain threshold I'm gona peace out. I'm currently near that threshold so if things improve I'd continue to live for a while longer. Atleast until my age catches up and my health deteriorates. Natural death scares me far more than any method on this site.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: clocktower, 262653, Huntfish34 and 2 others
thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
No, as I have been continuing to find more reliable resources about it. I did not want to go about something that could be potentially more dangerous for me until I knew it through and through what I was doing. Ego death seems to be relatively okay because it's something that has been displayed in multiple religions and such, can be induced by psychedelics and assisted with removable of your physical body from undesirable situations.

Our consciousness was a mistake and we are insignificant specks of cosmic dust that are driven by insatiable desires leaving us forever unsatisfied while we suffer because it proved effective with the only real purpose being biological and a callous one at that to pass on our genes to cause a cycle of suffering until the earth dies.
With a negative outlook like this it is hard to accept anything as it is without thinking beyond and therefore concluding with pessimism.

Have you experienced ego death?
No, as I have been continuing to find more reliable resources about it. I did not want to go about something that could be potentially more dangerous for me until I knew it through and through what I was doing. Ego death seems to be relatively okay because it's something that has been displayed in multiple religions and such, can be induced by psychedelics and assisted with removable of your physical body from undesirable situations.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Huntfish34
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Ego death seems to be relatively okay because it's something that has been displayed in multiple religions and such
This is flawed logic when you think about it and we cold claim that for any cultural practice that seems to be repeated around the world.
Ego death for neurotypical individuals is not what it is for suicidal or mentally ill people.
It can really open your eyes though and is worth doing before you die.
I think it is great you are researching instead of blindly jumping into it.
AlI will say is that you may think you hate yourself now but when you have ego death you see yourself free from any bias and truly hate yourself.

thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
Natural death scares me far more than any method on this site.
And that is why I believe that when people reach a certain age (like 75), they should be allowed to choose a polite and peaceful death with family and such, instead of continuing to feel like burdens upon their children and friends. Too many elderly that I see just wish to be a part of the world, but it grows significantly more difficult as your body begins the process of deterioration, multiple health issues, the growing cost of elderly care, and more, so they should be provided the option of a peaceful departure.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: fly away, All washed up, darksideofthebright and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
And that is why I believe that when people reach a certain age (like 75), they should be allowed to choose a polite and peaceful death with family and such, instead of continuing to feel like burdens upon their children and friends. Too many elderly that I see just wish to be a part of the world, but it grows significantly more difficult as your body begins the process of deterioration, multiple health issues, the growing cost of elderly care, and more, so they should be provided the option of a peaceful departure.
This is crazy talk! clearly we must keep them alive to suffer and die for vestigial cultural reasons that you are not allowed to question because they are the rules!!!
Lolz im joking

Reactions: violetsaturn and thisismyusername
thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
Ego death for neurotypical individuals is not what it is for suicidal or mentally ill people.
Yeah, that is the biggest question that I still have for it. I have deep belief in agreement with buddhism that all life is suffering, and the buddhists were the first ones to understand and achieve ego death through psychedelics and meditations. And while, it may not be the best choice for me, it could still possibly help bring me to a better understanding of losing self-identity and parts of reality that I feel a lot of suicidal and non neurotypical individuals experience without even being aware, or being too self aware. Again, I am no expert and could be talking out of my ass, so I cant truly recommend it to anyone with a good conscious, but I think its worth the time to look up on google and see what types of other deaths we can experience than the most common one: the physical death or biological death.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020

I hear ya and I agree that having a positive outlook can help. But unfortunately, a lot of us don't have such an outlook, and therefore we are struggling.

I don't think your outlook is entirely negative, I think, personally, that you are a realist and there is nothing wrong with being negative every now and then! :hug: I try to remind myself that the worst possible outcome isn't always the most likely outcome.

*I'm such a hypocrite because I can never live by that reminder lol

thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
I have achieved all I could ever wish., dying is the next step for me.
Dying is a huge part of our life, in the end we are all just little things of carbon and shit, then our energy transfers somewhere going to work on our life forms. I think I take a more optimistic view towards suicide in that sense. If I am not satisfied in this state of carbon life, I can die and be passed into something else, and continue to be a productive part of everything I loved and hated.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred, demuic, violetsaturn and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Dying is a huge part of our life, in the end we are all just little things of carbon and shit, then our energy transfers somewhere going to work on our life forms. I think I take a more optimistic view towards suicide in that sense. If I am not satisfied in this state of carbon life, I can die and be passed into something else, and continue to be a productive part of everything I loved and hated.
I hope that after I die all the parts that made me, me and my friend them get swept up into the universe until all the matter which made us lands somewhere with life of some form and we both reanimate and are able to be friends again.
Bu I doubt that will happen

Reactions: thisismyusername
suicidal-raven

suicidal-raven

There are many of us in one mind.
Nov 2, 2020
Tbh I do love life, I just want the pain to stop.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
yeah, in a weird sort of way none of us really want to DIE, per say, or at least i don't think we do, it's just that our lives are so full of pain, and what little joy that comes around isn't really enough to make us feel better, that simply ceasing all life functions is the most preferable choice, i guess. something like that.
This is exactly how I see things. Death is typically something we are supposed to fear, but when your life is living hell it becomes the only way to make it all stop. Death provides a means to stop suffering in life. Anti-natalism is something I've been reading about lately and it's quite an interesting take. We were never asked if we wanted to participate in human activities, we were simply forced to. We are forced to make hard and painful decisions and go through trauma. We are forced to go to school for years, only to transition to working every day until we finally retire and live the rest of our days thinking about the things we wish we would have done when we were younger. The entire concept of anti-natalism is based around the idea that having kids is immoral and cruel because of this. You are forcing new lives into an already horrific world, and it's not getting any better. It's selfish, really. The only moral thing we can do as humans is to stop having children and let our species die off. We've already done so much damage to our world and there aren't enough good people to balance out the bad.

• Love
Reactions: fly away, dropdeadfred, OopsIdidntwanttodie and 2 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I'm just tired of having to convince myself that I'm content with my life. I've been doing a lot more that people would consider self-improvement. But...I've begun to notice it's not making me feel even a shred of happiness. If I dare give up any of that, I'd be considered negative and never have tried hard enough since the very beginning.

I want to live and care to live. I don't actually want to die. But as I said above, nothing that I'm trying is making me see any change in regards to how I feel. I'm sick of feeling this pain. Overall? I'm tired of my existence, and death ultimately is the only escape.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Huntfish34
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Anti-natalism is something I've been reading about lately
What books? INB4 Benetar (×﹏×)
I want to live and care to live. I don't actually want to die. But as I said above, nothing that I'm trying is making me see any change in regards to how I feel. I'm sick of feeling this pain. Overall? I'm tired of my existence, and death ultimately is the only escape.
It does seem that even without sadness just existing is the cause of suffering.
Everything is a symptom of simply existing

Last edited:
Reactions: stillweary, _Kaira_ and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
What books? INB4 Benetar (×﹏×)

It does seem that even without sadness just existing is the cause of suffering.
Everything is a symptom of simply existing
This is an Excellent book about suicide , antinatalism etc. "Every cradle is a Grave" by Sarah Perry:
Amazon product ASIN 0989697290
This book opened my eyes to reality.

This is part of a review (not from me) on Amazon in the reviews :

".... And yet, from these widely respected tanks of thought one is treated to the same sort of data skewing and guilt pushing found at pro-life rallies. With regard to suicide, this community works together through enormous political divides to take away a person's ability to quickly and safely end their own life. They have decided for you that your life is worth keeping whether you think so or not, no matter how sick you are, no matter how lonely or grief-stricken you are, no matter, no matter. The executive decision works to take away your greatest liberty, which is an individual's choice to discontinue being.

Perry accurately points out that this prohibition is not directly carried out by jail sentences and fines. Rather, we have subtly given the reigns to the medical complex who, working in conjunction with officials, confines and medicates a potential suicide against his will ( or, later, confines and medicates him post-attempt). Operating from the assumption that taking one's life is inherently irrational, the suicide is automatically given the status of an insane person. For me, this is the crux of the entire debate. The majority of people, drilled with lay speak about the sanctity of life from the time of birth, cannot extract themselves from that cocoon of thought. In this country and beyond, how are we to have an intelligent discussion about suicide when it is so broadly looked at as an act of insanity? Collectively, we are so wounded by the prospect of death that we cannot fathom another's desire for it. We cannot accept that many people choose non-existence while sound of mind. This places us, intellectually, in about the sixth grade.

And your antiquated statistics? Depression is the leading cause of suicide? Suicide contagion prevails? Debunked piece by piece. Perry makes especially resonant points about predictors for taking one's life, and they are not the nice and neat ones we've tied with a bow. For instance, social death, or the shunning of one by others, is far more likely to lead to a suicide than is generalized depression. I recall reading something to this effect in the nineties in a psych periodical, but it was poorly elucidated and passed over for more shocking (and less accurate) data. Social withdraw, which is not necessarily chemical depression, can potentially lead to a rational state of hopelessness. If the human experience is that we are most content in the company and acceptance of others, then it is possible that in the absence of those things we become rationally desperate. Can we accept that a suicide is often done logically, thoughtfully, as an antidote to being cast out?

Your ability to relate to this book is dependent on your ability to shed some very common misconceptions. For most, it will entail disregarding the stock quotes and armchair optimism that swirled around your childhood and adolescent environments. Even for those who attended college and felt themselves in the presence of free thought, these are perspectives likely never addressed. Under it all, though, is compassion for the very real misery of many."

Last edited:
Reactions: taylor321
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
There is nothing on this planet that could make want to live in this terrible world. I'm only staying alive because of one person. Once that person is gone, I'm out. It would be cool to live in a world like a sci fi book, or a video game, but that's not likely to happen.

• Love
Reactions: fly away, dropdeadfred, darksideofthebright and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
This is an Excellent book about suicide , antinatalism etc. "Every cradle is a Grave" by Sarah Perry:
I have read it and liked it but found some of her arguments based on faulty premise from lack of understanding mental health.
Was a very very enjoyable read.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Huntfish34
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I don't know, really. I feel like it's a way to immortalize my existence better than I ever could any other way.
Some part of my mind believes I want my family to be in pain. They've hurt me my whole life.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I don't know, really. I feel like it's a way to immortalize my existence better than I ever could any other way.
Some part of my mind believes I want my family to be in pain. They've hurt me my whole life.
Sounds like you are planning to livestream your death.
We used to build pyramids so pharaohs could achieve a symbol of immortality and now we are trying to meme ourselves online like shaubby

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Yea I guess so
What is your motivation for doing this?
I have thought about it quite a lot myself but I feel you need to make it entertaining and memable.
No one wants to watch someone lay in bed chilling to music after taking SN

Reactions: Kat!
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
What is your motivation for doing this?
I have thought about it quite a lot myself but I feel you need to make it entertaining and memable.
No one wants to watch someone lay in bed chilling to music after taking SN
Nah my method is shotgun. I can't explain my motivation.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Well I hope you do not try to be a supreme gentleman!
That would likely get the site closer to being closed anyway.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Well I hope you do not try to be a supreme gentleman!
That would likely get the site closer to being closed anyway.
omg no that's not going to happen at all. this site is very useful, I wouldn't want that to happen.

Reactions: clocktower