• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Barteljaap

Barteljaap

Jan 17, 2021
It's the most popular CTB method in media. In 13 Reason Why. Just this week in season 3 of the Witcher. Biggie Smalls has a song where he says "slit my wrist and end this bullshit". Probably dozens of other examples.

It's enticing because it doesn't seem to require much preparation. The body isn't lost like it might be with drowning, and it doesn't look as creepy as hanging.

Is it really that bad? How long in theory would it take to bleed to death after cutting the wrists? Are there any other arteries for example in the neck, that might work?

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
it's good for samurai.

if you want effective you could try artery in leg or in neck. I don't know which is easier to reach.

Personally, hanging would be easier as that - in full suspension - at the end of the day is kicking away a chair. Not cutting deep into your own flesh. Matter of personal taste though.

In common with women in general I will personally OD. But if I had no other method I would go wiht hanging.
cutting is low efficacy though. unless you are super-deep avoid

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
something a bit like amitryptiline but stronger plus cimetidine. basically that cocktail.

though I do prefer the idea of ketamine in a bath so will probably try thar first if/when I find supplier

currently existing and enduring though. while testing another medication and phew getting stoned once a week.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Unless you are in a psychotic episode or high on drugs, the human body is not made to let you do that to yourself. Your mind genuinely will not let you cut that deep. You have to be severely mentally inconpacitated for your body to be able to override itself and let you cut deep enough that you would lose enough blood to die. There is a reason you only hear about people dying that way in fictional media, and it is because your body will physically stop you before you are able to cut deep enough to die. If you are able to do it, you will be in excruciating pain before you bleed out because any artery will take an extremely painful amount of effort to cut down to. Do not do this.

Reactions: Lumina, Heartaches and lostmeaning
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
my dad suggested a chainsaw!!

ps I am grateful for his humour and relieved that he knows my interest in ctb. have suffered many years now
we could have an annual ctb with chainsaw day. that might get the news to promote the right to die

corgiee

corgiee

Jun 29, 2023
What will you OD with? I thought OD was notorious for a poor success rate.
hi im not the person who posted this, but my method of choice will be od'ing with either heroin or fent. its very easy to do this (many do by accident) . success rates depend on the drugs you od with.

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
Cutting does work and is popular, but there are better methods on this site. Cutting is extremely painful, and even if you get to an artery and cut yourself fatally you will still feel that immense pain.

Even worse if your SI kicks in right as your cutting into yourself. I've tried to stab myself before. Never got past the skin and it hurt like hell.

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
If someone has their whole hand cut off with a machete, they still have a good chance of surviving, so slitting wrists definitely won't kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: アホペンギン
F

FindingHome

-
Aug 4, 2023
I don't think cutting is a good way to die but I have found out that when I am extremely suicidal and don't have anything to kill myself with that taking a knife and slashing my skin helps with the suicidal urges.

bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
i think at least for wrists, the hardest part is actually cutting deep enough and being in a situation where you can bleed out to death BEFORE it clots. thus why the bath tub is popular and yada yada. but yeah i advise against it. when i was in the psych ward, even photos online, some people will cut to crazy lengths. their arms looks undetectable, something out of a gore flick, yet theyre still alive. its a risky method and if you fail, you can end up with permanent nerve damage and even loss of use of your fingers.

what previous comments said too. SI kicks in and even if youre able to cut deep enough on one arm, youll be in so much pain, the next one might not even be possible.

Barteljaap

Barteljaap

Jan 17, 2021
when i was in the psych ward, even photos online, some people will cut to crazy lengths. their arms looks undetectable, something out of a gore flick, yet theyre still alive. its a risky method and if you fail, you can end up with permanent nerve damage and even loss of use of your fingers.
Shit
Would it still be hard with an anti-coagulant or not?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
if you just say cutting, i can easily be confused with sh. that and all the success rate charts i read made this method seem dismal.

Reactions: lachrymost
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
It's the most popular CTB method in media. In 13 Reason Why. Just this week in season 3 of the Witcher. Biggie Smalls has a song where he says "slit my wrist and end this bullshit". Probably dozens of other examples.

It's enticing because it doesn't seem to require much preparation. The body isn't lost like it might be with drowning, and it doesn't look as creepy as hanging.

Is it really that bad? How long in theory would it take to bleed to death after cutting the wrists? Are there any other arteries for example in the neck, that might work?
Yeah, so the difference being that television and movies and games like big bold moments. And it doesn't matter, because guess what, it's not real. So the answer is YES and YES again. Its a bad idea in terms of success and the prolonging of severe pain. SI will stop most people doing any serious damage. You'd probably need to be off your head on something strong to CTB this way.

Reactions: lachrymost