S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
I would read the Quran so I could form a more
complete opinicn on the three Abrahamic religions.

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I would read the Quran so I could form a more
complete opinicn on the three Abrahamic religions.
I read a bit of it, because I was interested in Sufism.

Surah 9 was enough to turn me off completely: it basically instructs its followers to murder Christians and Jews unless they repent and accept Islam.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: whatevs
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I can't understand how belief in a tyrannical god who threatens to torture people forever if they don't love him, could possibly fix all of our problems. All it would really do is cause the majority of people to develop OCD as they obsess over whether or not they're committing thought crimes all the time, out of fear of offending a deity that may or may not exist. It would be like living under the rule of Anthony Fremont, without knowing if he's really even there.

There might be certain aspects of Christian belief that could solve a lot of problems though. Obviously the golden rule and loving your neighbor as yourself are good ideas, regardless of their origin, and the world might be a better place if everyone did those things. The hell doctrine is the only part I could never support, since it has to be the most psychologically damaging and sadistic doctrine their is.

Speaking for myself, such a belief would do absolutely nothing to solve my personal problems. It would only make them worse.

• Love
Reactions: FatalSystemError591 and Pluto
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
I feel like limiting it to just pushing Christianity isn't the way as Christians have been pushing for that for years so to me it just reads like pushing for more of the same? Like the question reads "should nothing change", and as someone who studies religions for fun I feel like there are better options to fall on for many reasons.. without going on a full hyper-psuedo-religious rant.

That being said I grew up Christian, was baptized, went to a Baptist church and then an Episcopal church. And I'm agnostic now.. and have been for many years.

We need another approach other than Christianity but by Christians the religions I perceive to be easily more accepted are ones that are seen as "evil" to even utter.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost.

Lost.

Antidepressants and antipsychotics are posion
Feb 13, 2020
Christianity only wasted my life in past. (I was religious in past.)

Last edited: