color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
mammy used to say ,"it takes time. you'll find your group of friends. Just be patient." yea, im 22 now, what a joke.. the thing i do not bad is talking to people online but then it hurts me back because they're far far away.... Just wanted to say that i get the pain of socializing, that's all and i wished i could make it better for you so you could feel a little bit happy maybe :(

Ha, ha, I heard that line too. There are so many cliches that are so much BS. I didn't get my first girlfriend til I was 27, so you are doing way better than me. She was single with 2 boys. It didn't go well at all. We argued a LOT, but there was never any abuse. After 3 months, we mutually agreed to break-up. I don't assign blame to either of us. Relationships are hard, very, very hard! Both sides have to be willing to give 100% and take 0% for it to be wonderful. It takes almost superhuman strength. There are very few really good relationships out there. Many appear to be on the surface, but they really aren't. Some are so abusive you can't even imagine. I would never accept any abuse. First time and I'm out. Abusive people never get better, and usually get worse, much worse.

It makes me feel good that you would like to help me feel better.
I wish I could provide a Richard Gere from "An Officer and a Gentleman" to come in and sweep you off your feet.
You can PM me if you like.
Bye, c_m_g

Reactions: Minudah, Made4TV, Deafsn0w and 6 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Ha, ha, I heard that line too. There are so many cliches that are so much BS. I didn't get my first girlfriend til I was 27, so you are doing way better than me. She was single with 2 boys. It didn't go well at all. We argued a LOT, but there was never any abuse. After 3 months, we mutually agreed to break-up. I don't assign blame to either of us. Relationships are hard, very, very hard! Both sides have to be willing to give 100% and take 0% for it to be wonderful. It takes almost superhuman strength. There are very few really good relationships out there. Many appear to be on the surface, but they really aren't. Some are so abusive you can't even imagine. I would never accept any abuse. First time and I'm out. Abusive people never get better, and usually get worse, much worse.

It makes me feel good that you would like to help me feel better.
I wish I could provide a Richard Gere from "An Officer and a Gentleman" to come in and sweep you off your feet.
You can PM me if you like.
Bye, c_m_g
Richard Gere is way to old ,not that i care.. and ,how exactly am i doing a bit better than you ? I bealive i don't have much of a social life... due to my problems ,anywho ppl I talked to some don't like hearing me talk about "death" and the philosophy around the purpose of being alive an such ,i got taken out of groups in WhatsApp for reasons that i am making ppl nervous an stuff.... Bull! At least you had a girlfriend that wasn't abusive .. i find somehow i always atract not really nice ppl towards me, since recently i have found out that my Best Friend from Kik has been using me all along and now he hates me ..... sooo yea guess im doing a bit better than you ? I wouldn't say so and thankyou about PM you could too if you want , and im glad i was able to at least make you feel bit good.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 4 others
loaner

loaner

Dec 20, 2018
Hi
Joined this forum 8 days ago but didn't introduced myself yet. I remember this forum being mentioned about a few months ago somewhere (r/TimeToGo? 8ch.net?) but it was pretty empty here back then, now I came a cross of it again and decided to join.
I'm in my mid 20s, from Israel, I live with my parents, I'm pretty much hiding from them how much my life is fuc*ed up. And I'm a bit paranoid about people finding out that I'm suicidal and stopping me from doing it.
Ex religious (Jewish ultra-orthodox) atheist, fu*k god and fu*k religion (well, at least fundamental religion).

Edit:
I'm also kind of emotionally dysfunctional, kind of Asperger, I have social anxiety and I just can't handle my life well because I just don't know how to do it well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minudah, Exile, Deafsn0w and 7 others
Anubis901

Anubis901

Dec 28, 2018
Hi,
I've been reading forum posts for a couple of months now and finally joined. Like so many users, I'm so happy to have found a safe place for advice and support. I'm a middle-aged female in the USA. Like so many others, the main thing holding me back from CTB has been fear of failure. The other thing, as crazy as it may sound, is how to ensure my animals are found and cared for in a timely manner, without the chance of being discovered too soon. I've decided that I'm most comfortable at home, so timing is fairly important.

Reactions: ForestLove, Minudah, Deafsn0w and 11 others
onegoodreason

onegoodreason

"She went down swinging" Tom Petty
Dec 28, 2018
OK, I was in the process of writing my story, but I stopped. It's way too lengthy and complicated to write it all out here, and you'd probably get bored long before you got to the end. Below is a brief paragraph I kept in as that has the gist of it. More after that.

I am a 63 year old woman in southern CA, now. My husband and I have been together for 36 years, off and on. The last ten years we've been here, initially to take care of his mom who had dementia (she transitioned in '15). We had just gotten back together after a 5 year break (never thought we would, but we did), and it was great at first - we really felt in love again. But it pretty quickly started falling apart again. Keep in mind, he is an alcoholic in denial (mostly), not physically abusive, but these last years he's beaten me up over and over again with his words, tone and attitude. Right now, we're barely speaking at all. Anyway, It took both of us to take care of his mom, so neither of us worked - we lived off her monthly income. He received the house and a chunk of money from the family trust, and that's what we're living on right now, and it's dwindling fast, though we each only have a few hundred to use each month. So basically, I'm pretty broke all the time. Money has always been a hot issue for us as well.

OK, so the situation is that we completely hate each other, I mean really hate. He goes out nearly every day all day, no idea where he goes, what he does, who he may be with. I stopped asking after receiving a snarky, "Does it matter?" response. Often he's drunk when he returns, I can tell if he says anything to me, or gets close enough to smell the alcohol. If he's real drunk, he'll be so hungover the next day he spends the day in bed and retching in the bathroom. Keeps drinking though, yes siree, that won't stop him. He even wound up in the hospital once after having a seizure in a market, knocking himself on the head on the way down and not remembering much about it until much later. He'd had a beer on a too empty stomach in the heat of the day and walking wherever previous to that. He didn't drink for at least a few days after that, but he started to make sure he was eating more and better than he had been.

What I need to say here, too, is that I am completely dependent on him, on his money (from inheritance). I have none of my own anymore and I can't work a regular job anymore, even if I wanted to - I've been out of the job market too long, so my skills are shit now, I have chronic pain, and I'm too old to take on at 63-retirement age. I think, though, I'm going to apply for social security early next month. Don't know how long it will take to kick in, but it would help in purchasing the N. So the no money thing has kept me stuck here, otherwise I would have left a long time ago, one way or another.

So things have just gotten worse and worse between us - we're so broke there's no fixing us anymore, even if we wanted to, and I don't think either of us are interested or care enough to. We don't do anything together anymore, no meals, no TV time (I hate TV cuz of the commercials and bullshit on the news), no shopping, etc. nothing. He doesn't drive (long story-nothing to do with the booze) and I would drive us everywhere, but he's taken to walking, taking the Sprinter train, buses, whatever, to get around. Maybe his "friend" takes him places now. Yeah, he actually mentioned that a "friend" of his gave him a bunch of calendars when I asked where they came from.

I have no one.

Even my oldest sister who lives in Los Angeles and is now a marriage therapist, doesn't want to know what's happening with me anymore. We used to be really close, not anymore. She's depressed too and dealing with her own stuff which she won't share with me either, other than she's in agony from pain in her neck that came out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago, for which she's going to have surgery.

I have no one.

There is so much that needs to be done to the house, things are broken, his stuff is cluttering up every room, his bathroom is so scummy and moldy I keep closing the door when I come out of my room, which is where I spend my days mostly. He's talked about moving out of here at various times, but there's so much to do, and nothing has been done so far, I don't think we'll ever get out of here. We're supposed to get an RV and go out to Missouri where building permits are easier to obtain for whatever we want to build, less regulation, less expensive, etc. Uh huh...

Not happening - not for me. Even if I don't ctb, or it fails, I just can't see that happening anymore. We can't even look at each other, how the hell are we supposed to drive out there together in confined quarters with 3 cats that don't like each other much, two of whom have medical conditions that need to be treated. I could just hear him criticizing my every move on the road, denigrating me every chance he can, grinding me down even further under his heel. Yeah, don't think so. My only way out is to ctb.

I've come to hate life in general, my life in particular, with all the crappy choices I've made. I've been horribly depressed for so long now, I think my brain is hardwired to think in terms of depression, negativity, anger, sadness, disinterest in pretty much everything. Only my kitty, Shane, is keeping me here, my devotion to him, my commitment to him. But I'm about to give him up so I can get the hell out of here. My sweet baby, maybe I'll just die of a seriously broken heart to have to leave him with someone else, but it's for his sake that I'm going to do it. I'm getting a little crazy here, too, and I can go off at nothing at all and I'm afraid I may hurt him in a rage, and he certainly doesn't deserve that. But oddly, since I made the decision to rehome him and to ctb, I've gotten calmer, the anger has dissipated a little so I can function a little better. Not happy, the depression is still firmly in place, but the crazy isn't as bad.

OK, that's probably enough for now. I think you get the picture. There's so much more to the story and I'll spill it from time to time in other posts, perhaps. I won't apologize for the length of this or any other post. I like to write and express myself best in the written word (if I can just quit making typos in every other word?!?!?!?). Moderators, I hope this is all okay with you. I'm sure you'll let me know if not.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, folks. I do wish you all well and able to do what you need/want to do. I respect your choices, whatever they may be, as I hope you'll do for me.

Blessings, Love and Peace to you all,
P aka onegoodreason

Reactions: ForestLove, Minudah, Deafsn0w and 15 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
crazy as it may sound, is how to ensure my animals are found and cared for in a timely manner

No, not crazy at all!
We give animals food, protection and love. In return, they provide us with unconditional love. They don't play mind games, try to hurt us, look to get without giving, greedy,etc. In short, animals are much better than humans.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
onegoodreason

onegoodreason

Dec 28, 2018
No, not crazy at all!
We give animals food, protection and love. In return, they provide us with unconditional love. They don't play mind games, try to hurt us, look to get without giving, greedy,etc. In short, animals are much better than humans.
I totally agree here. Our fur babies are so wonderful in their unconditional love for us. We have taken our responsibilities to care for our babies very seriously. They are not "just cats" to us, they are as much a part of us as any human child would have been (thank God/dess we never had any!). We've had four transition in the past 5 years, 3 from cancer, one choked to death this past March, and each one broke my heart a little more. The last one left me a bit traumatized as I could only stand there and watch her run around the room, tossing herself in the air, trying to dislodge whatever may have caught in her throat, she wouldn't let me near her to help. And her last sigh as she left her traitorous body. It was awful, truly awful. It still makes me cry ;-;- she was such a sweet girl.

But I'm not so sure sometimes about not playing mind games, color me gone. My Shane, and even Mickey, know how to maneuver me to give them treats. :wink: They'll either do something really obnoxious and pester me or really sweet and good to get me to cave. It's actually really kind of cute and I Love them even more for it. They really are very clever boys.

Anubus901, I get what you're saying about having your animals found and cared for in a timely manner. I get how important that is to you. Making sure Shane and Angel Ringo were taken care of somehow was pretty much the only reason I'm still here. I would have ctb a long time ago otherwise. I thought about rehoming them then, but I couldn't do it. This time, I know I couldn't leave Shane with husband - he's threatened to kill him a couple of times - I don't think he would have ever done it, but I can't be sure - he hates me enough now that he could possibly hurt Shane in vengence, and I would never leave that to chance. Hence my need to rehome Shane even if it's to the shelter. Have you considered rehoming your babies? That would leave you free to ctb in your own time/place. Did I see somewhere that you're in southern CA, too? If not, there's someone here who is. Gotta find out who as I'd like to communicate further and maybe meet and talk about all this. After all this isolation, it would be nice to get together with a like-minded soul. I hope whatever you choose to do works out for you, Dearheart.

Phyllis

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 3 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
It was awful, truly awful. It still makes me cry
Phyllis, Gosh, I am so sorry you had to go through that, that is so traumatic! You and I both know how painful it is to have to put down one of our beloved when the time comes, to end their suffering. Some people will not adopt another due to the heartbreak. But I will, because I know there are so many unwanted kitties out there ready to share their love with me, and vice-versa. If I could, I would rescue every abandon kitty out there, but that is not possible.

I know what you mean by the kitty mind games, I was thinking about that when I wrote my post. But those are soft mind games that warm our heart, unlike human mind games that seek to destroy us.

BTW, Phyllis is the name of the girl I had my first romantic relationship with. Many fond memories there. Your first romance is always so special. And the breakup is always the most devastating. After your first, you learn to harden your heart, so the ones that follow are never as bad. Phyllis and I might have worked if I wasn't such an asshole. I now realize how immature I was, even at the age of 27. Anyway, I love your name and memories it invokes. I hope you don't find that offensive. I am in Virginia, just outside of Wash, DC., so not close to S. Cal. I am going to follow you.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Anubis901

Anubis901

Dec 28, 2018
Anubus901, Have you considered rehoming your babies? That would leave you free to ctb in your own time/place. Did I see somewhere that you're in southern CA, too? If not, there's someone here who is. Gotta find out who as I'd like to communicate further and maybe meet and talk about all this. After all this isolation, it would be nice to get together with a like-minded soul. I hope whatever you choose to do works out for you, Dearheart.
Phyllis

I don't think I could rehome them before I go. That would put me on a timeline, as I couldn't bear the guilt. Another user stated the frame of mind perfectly - my time to go will be a mixture of a catalyst, timing, and circumstance.
I do have a trusted pet sitter who works for a vet, so I plan to leave her a sizeable sum of money to take care of them, including rehoming if needed. My original plan was to quit my job before I exit, meaning I wouldn't be found for a while, a no one would miss me. That's why I was concerned about them. But I have reconsidered and will continue to work. When I don't show up one day, it will trigger someone to contact law enforcement to come look for me, find the instructions, and contact her.
I'm not in SoCal, I'm in the southwestern US - just not that far west :-)
I do hope you find a way to provide for your babies in a way that brings you peace.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
onegoodreason

onegoodreason

Dec 28, 2018
Phyllis, Gosh, I am so sorry you had to go through that, that is so traumatic! You and I both know how painful it is to have to put down one of our beloved when the time comes, to end their suffering. Some people will not adopt another due to the heartbreak. But I will, because I know there are so many unwanted kitties out there ready to share their love with me, and vice-versa. If I could, I would rescue every abandon kitty out there, but that is not possible.

I know what you mean by the kitty mind games, I was thinking about that when I wrote my post. But those are soft mind games that warm our heart, unlike human mind games that seek to destroy us.

BTW, Phyllis is the name of the girl I had my first romantic relationship with. Many fond memories there. Your first romance is always so special. And the breakup is always the most devastating. After your first, you learn to harden your heart, so the ones that follow are never as bad. Phyllis and I might have worked if I wasn't such an asshole. I now realize how immature I was, even at the age of 27. Anyway, I love your name and memories it invokes. I hope you don't find that offensive. I am in Virginia, just outside of Wash, DC., so not close to S. Cal. I am going to follow you.

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful first Love with the same name (though I never liked my name), color me gone! I did, too, his name was Ron. He was 18 (stayed back in school) and I was 15 when we met. He played guitar and sang just like James Taylor and I sounded like Joni Mitchell and we sang together when he'd come over, hang out in my basement while my parents were upstairs having convulsions! He wasn't a nice Jewish boy, from the wrong side of town and a long-haired hippie freak! I adored him! :-D We had similar hair even, long, wavy, chestnut color, parted in the middle! He turned me on to The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings - forever grateful for that! That got me hooked on reading books, mostly science fiction and fantasy. Still love those genres.

Regarding the kitties, letting them go is horrifically brutal, watching them slip away in whatever way they do is just a nightmare and the grief is all-consuming. I cried, wailed, every night for a month+ when my sweet, darling Meri transitioned after a terrible battle with a very nasty cancer (squamous cell carcinoma). We held on to her far longer than we should have as husband insisted she still had the "fire" as she would fuss when we had to give her my cancer concoction. But she was in pain the last few months regardless of what the vet said and we should have let her go, but he couldn't - she was his favorite, and mine, too, my precious baby who fell asleep in the palm of my hand the day I met her, along with her sister, Maggie Mae. The loss of her, of all of them, is making me cry right now. I miss them all soooo much, and can't wait to see and be with them again in Summerland at the Rainbow Bridge - my first stop when I get to the other side.

But that will be delayed a little as my intention and plan after I leave this earthsuit is to stay with Shane, wherever he is, right through his transition, whenever that may be. I can't abandon him completely, so I will stay with him in spirit. We'll be able to communicate with each other easily, and I can pet and rub him the way he likes, energetically anyway, and he won't forget me because I won't leave him. I couldn't bear that as I've envisioned our life after of us all being together and traveling the multiverses together, or staying home in our dream house that I continue to design to this day! I'll be grateful to whoever takes him in and they will be welcome to join us, but Shane is my boy, my First Cat (from our first lives here together), and he will be with me. Nuff said!

As for adopting other kitties, I keep going back and forth on that. Husband wants more but I have insisted that as long as we still have this crew, no others will be added. These boys barely tolerate each other as it is, bringing another into the mix right now is not fair to anyone. We did adopt Roxy on Halloween 2015, but that was because we thought Maggie was depressed and lonely after nearly 2 years of Meri being gone at the time. Come to find out Maggie's lungs were full of cancer - we didn't know until that day we brought her in after watching her trying to walk across the backyard and laying down half way with her sides heaving. It was a total shock and we let her go right then as we didn't want her to suffer another day. We really didn't have a chance to get used to the idea or say good-bye in any meaningful way. So that was only about a month after we adopted Roxy, and we were back to four kitties. No more for now. After I'm gone, he can do whatever the frell he wants.

Yeah, those heart-warming manipulations they do to us, huh? Nothing like it, and I Love it! :-D

I have to go right now, but Anubis901, I want to respond to your post, too. Will do that tomorrow as soon as I can. Don't want you to feel I forgot you.

Goodnight for now!

Phyllis aka onegoodreason

P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Hey peeps,

Long story short, I missed the train, hoping to catch the bus at least.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 8 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
my parents were upstairs having convulsions
lol, I can relate to that. Our parents never think anyone is good enough.
(squamous cell carcinoma)
OMG! Almost the same situation here! I lost my Snowball to a scc tumor under the tongue a few years ago. She was one of the most loving cats I've ever had. When I came home, she would just about trill herself to death to show how happy she was to see me. She insisted that I pick her up and give her a hug and a cuddle. She purred so loud, she was just one big vibrating mass. Oh how I miss her! Most of my cats live to their late teens. I had to give up Snowball when she was 11, it seemed so unfair.
(though I never liked my name)
Ya, I can relate. My name is Jerry (not Jerome or Gerald), and I don't like my name either.
I used to be teased by being called Geraldine, so that didn't help.

Phyllis, I would PM you to keep our converses private and not clutter up threads, but I'm new and so not privileged to be able to PM anybody but moderators. I enjoy talking to you. I wrote a little more about myself on my profile, if you care to peek.

Love and Hugs to all! Jerry

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
G

Guess

Nov 6, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a teenage girl surviving in South Africa. My life is pretty f***ed up, my fault unfortunately. I have extremely religious parents who don't believe in mental issues. I love writing poetry and sitting and doing nothing. Sometimes I self harm due to the fact that I'm too numb to feel anything. I'm not sure whether I will ctb because me being this young is difficult but I have lots of suicidal thoughts and fantasies about peace. If you guys wanna help each other out, feel free to pm me. Byee

Reactions: ForestLove, Minudah, Deafsn0w and 8 others
onegoodreason

onegoodreason

Dec 28, 2018
I don't think I could rehome them before I go. That would put me on a timeline, as I couldn't bear the guilt. Another user stated the frame of mind perfectly - my time to go will be a mixture of a catalyst, timing, and circumstance.
I do have a trusted pet sitter who works for a vet, so I plan to leave her a sizeable sum of money to take care of them, including rehoming if needed. My original plan was to quit my job before I exit, meaning I wouldn't be found for a while, a no one would miss me. That's why I was concerned about them. But I have reconsidered and will continue to work. When I don't show up one day, it will trigger someone to contact law enforcement to come look for me, find the instructions, and contact her.
I'm not in SoCal, I'm in the southwestern US - just not that far west :-)
I do hope you find a way to provide for your babies in a way that brings you peace.
Hi Anubis901, I totally get what you're saying about not rehoming your babies just yet, the guilt would be overwhelming, and it certainly helps that you have someone you can trust to look after them. I so wish I had that, too, it would make things so much easier to let go. I may have mentioned somewhere around here that I got the name and phone number of a lady who takes in terminally ill, senior kitties at her property in Del Mar. I will call her and see if she is still doing that as I saw somewhere that she may not be anymore. That would be ideal, I think. Shane certainly meets her criteria as he has CKD which is terminal though he could live several more years yet. Knock wood, he's been doing quite well though he's on steroids for thickening small intestinal walls and he's bulking up in a way that I don't like. I want him off that shit, but not sure how to replace what it does for him (keeps him from vomiting several times a week, which he was doing before we discovered the condition by ultrasound $$$). Anyway, if this lady won't take him, I'll have to bring him to a no-kill shelter but won't do it until that last morning before I ctb.
If someone calls law enforcement when you don't show up one day for work, surely someone will be missing you, Dearheart. There is always someone, even if we don't know it. Husband won't give a damn about me, he'll probably be amused except I'm going to make sure I make things as difficult for him as possible - that's what he deserves after how he's treated me. I'll have the last laugh. Anyway, I do still have my sister and her kids and a few far flung friends who will care, but they'll all get over it pretty quick as they have their own lives and issues to deal with.
Ah, too bad you're not closer by, I would have liked to meet and talk about all this, but I guess we'll just have to do that here. That's okay, too, of course! ;-) Be well now.
Blessings,Love and Peace to you,
Phyllis aka onegoodreason

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 3 others
Titania

Titania

Ultimate Despair
Dec 31, 2018
Hello. I'm 23, single living with my single mom. I just want to be called by my nickname here, Titania. I just recently found this site and I've recently joined because I struggle with severe depression, PTSD, and anxiety. Unofficially diagnosed but many months ago I was receiving help. I feel like I want escape from the financial pains and my past traumas that still haunt me today. I've been dealing with suicidal tendencies and mental illness for 12+ years and just tired. I do have a history of past attempts and almost got hospitalized twice.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 7 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a teenage girl surviving in South Africa.
Hi, Guess.
I can't PM you because I'm too new.
We understand your problems because we stand in your shoes.
It really sucks when parents choose to deny our problems than help us.
I think religion causes more problems on the planet than it solves.
There are many nice people here on this site.
We don't judge you, we support you whatever you decide.

Love and Hugs, Jerry

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Hi, been toying with signing up here for a few weeks. Partly as when you want "to ctb" as used here, you want to isolate yourself as much as possible but it seemed a bit ungrateful almost to read people's suggestions and contributions and not acknowledge and say a thank you for the ideas and hints.

So hello to the lovely people here and thank you for the suggestions and thoughts and so on.

I am 43. Tried suicide at 19, having had an emotionally and physically battering childhood. Sadly failed and was sectioned and spent a week in a psychiatric hospital which scarred me. They returned me to my parents "care"

Since then I've tried to have a "normal" life but depression never really goes away and it's back with a vengeance now. I have a teenage son and I toy with thinking I need to stay for him/ if I leave he will always be looked after by people as his mother will have done "that dreadful thing"

I wish I could have my brain wiped clean of all my childhood memories :-(

Failing that I'd like to jump from a height and know I can't fail this time

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Minudah, Deafsn0w and 8 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I just want to be called by my nickname here, Titania.
Hi Titania,
Welcome to SS. We share your problems.
We do not judge you.
We support you in whatever you need to do.

Love and Hugs, Jerry

Reactions: ForestLove, Minudah, Deafsn0w and 5 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Hi, been toying with signing up here for a few weeks.
Hi JustAboutDone,
While we have our various reason for it, we all share severe depression.
We understand how you feel, and will try to help in whatever your choice it.
I spend 10 days in a psych ward too, I know how that was. Didn't help.
Shrink didn't help either. Meds work for a while, then lose their effectiveness.

Love and Hugs, Jerry

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thanks, Jerry, hugs back at you. Much appreciated

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
Hi, been toying with signing up here for a few weeks. Partly as when you want "to ctb" as used here, you want to isolate yourself as much as possible but it seemed a bit ungrateful almost to read people's suggestions and contributions and not acknowledge and say a thank you for the ideas and hints.

So hello to the lovely people here and thank you for the suggestions and thoughts and so on.

I am 43. Tried suicide at 19, having had an emotionally and physically battering childhood. Sadly failed and was sectioned and spent a week in a psychiatric hospital which scarred me. They returned me to my parents "care"

Since then I've tried to have a "normal" life but depression never really goes away and it's back with a vengeance now. I have a teenage son and I toy with thinking I need to stay for him/ if I leave he will always be looked after by people as his mother will have done "that dreadful thing"

I wish I could have my brain wiped clean of all my childhood memories :-(

Failing that I'd like to jump from a height and know I can't fail this time

i relate to much of what you have written here - i also tend to "hide" in the background and mostly read, similar background with suicide attempts beginning in my teens, and i have a son who it pains me to leave behind (for so many reasons), and so, alas, i too find myself here.

welcome; i suppose i shall see you around these parts :))

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thank you, killing me softly, you are also a 'smile on a stick wearer' I take it...

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 6 others
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
Hi,
I´m a 30-year-old male. I have lurked around here for a while, but first registered today
I´ve struggled with depression and anxiety since around age 13-14, and was diagnosed with complex PTSD a couple years ago. Tried lots of different therapy, medications, and "helpful tips", but just the same a few highs but mostly lows year after year. To ctb has been on my mind for a long time, it´s almost as I can´t remember a time where it hasn´t been. Been pretty close a few times, but the impact it would have on my family and a few friends have kept me hanging on.

A combination of events and just the accumulation of days filled with anxiety and self-hatred have made me slowly realize that 2019 will be a make or break year for me. The dream would be to obtain Nembutal, but due to strict customs in my country, it´s not possible to order from A. Thinking about traveling to South America during the summer, not decided definitely where yet. If that doesn´t work out, I would go for partial or full suspension.

Reactions: Minudah, Exile, Deafsn0w and 11 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I´m a 30-year-old male. I have lurked around here for a while, but first registered today
Hi journeytotheend,
Welcome to SS. Since you have been lurking for a while, you know we all share your pain.
I am new too. You will always have a sympathetic ear here to listen to you.
We all know so well that depression is not a temporary problem. I'm 66 and suffered since childhood.
We will not judge you. We will support you no matter which way you go.
I want to use inert gas, but will have problems trying to carry it out covertly.
Pretty hard to acquire and hide (or explain away) a large tank of inert gas.

I hope you find your method, and are successful if and when you carry it out.

Love and Hugs, Jerry

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 8 others
G

Guess

Nov 6, 2018
Hi, Guess.
I can't PM you because I'm too new.
We understand your problems because we stand in your shoes.
It really sucks when parents choose to deny our problems than help us.
I think religion causes more problems on the planet than it solves.
There are many nice people here on this site.
We don't judge you, we support you whatever you decide.

Love and Hugs, Jerry
Thank you. Much appreciated

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, sif and 5 others
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
Hi journeytotheend,
Welcome to SS. Since you have been lurking for a while, you know we all share your pain.
I am new too. You will always have a sympathetic ear here to listen to you.
We all know so well that depression is not a temporary problem. I'm 66 and suffered since childhood.
We will not judge you. We will support you no matter which way you go.
I want to use inert gas, but will have problems trying to carry it out covertly.
Pretty hard to acquire and hide (or explain away) a large tank of inert gas.

I hope you find your method, and are successful if and when you carry it out.

Love and Hugs, Jerry

Thank you so much! The "no judgment" is the beauty of this forum to me. There is so much judgment surrounding the act of ending your own life, mostly by people who have no idea about what it is to really suffer.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, onegoodreason and 7 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Thank you so much! The "no judgment" is the beauty of this forum to me. There is so much judgment surrounding the act of ending your own life, mostly by people who have no idea about what it is to really suffer.
"Sorry you're here" but welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
so much judgment
Yes, I completely agree, and will take it further:
it is all the judgement which got us into this pit of depression in the first place.

also, the people here appreciate just how much depression sucks,
something those on the outside looking in will never understand.

we also know that it is not a "temporary problem" like all the suicide prevention groups think.

Reactions: Minudah, Deafsn0w, onegoodreason and 7 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Hey everyone
I'm a 17 year old female from the US and I've struggled with severe mental illness my entire life. Treatment hasn't helped the smallest bit and I refuse to live this way for the rest of my life. My only hobby is sitting on the internet all day long and having no human contact.
Sometimes I do the same thing listen to videos on YouTube on whatever video I choose to watch unless I am in that blank scrolling mode on my phone or scrolling through Facebook or whatever I choose to do unless I am willing to truly CTB currently I choose to live unless I reach that point.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone and 1 other person