• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Sometimes I like to day dream about the future/ use day dreams to keep myself together. That being said often a lot of my day dreams are of things I want to do/end uo trying to do.

That being said... what are some things you'd like to try/do or experience?

I'll start:

Im a coffee fanatic and my preference is cold brew so I really enjoy making my own (its super easy too) but I'd like to try to learn a new way to make coffee. I use a french press if I drink it hot but I want to try to learn like pour over method with the long fancy kettle or smthin.

I want to dye my hair. Im thinking either grey or just blonde with a color that is easily able to wash out so I can change it frequently on my own.

I would like to learn/pick up again learning Japanese & Korean and also start fresh learning French.

I would like to somehow learn how to produce my own music and turn some of my poems and lyrics into songs.

I want to travel so badly!! Literally anywhere that isn't too hot.

I want to learn kpop dances.

I would like to start baking hardcore and vegan.(I stopped cooking for a month or 2 now but used to cook all the time and was really getting a good flow with it.)

I wanna continue learning to draw. I started when I was 17 but haven't picked it back up but I was pretty good.

I wanna learn to do some nail art.

I shall update and keep this as a growing document if I think of more things.

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
cooking/baking are my main fave hobbies too but haven't done any since last year. I've never gone this long without cooking, it's sad. But hopefully I'll get back to it soon. I like my food better than most places in town and I miss having amazing desserts

dying hair is so fun, I'm excited for you!

I also love cold brew! but I rarely drink coffee bc it makes my chronic muscle tension worse. I make really good herbal chai lattes though and I love drinking them out of all my cute little tea cups

I'm excited to do some rituals soon when my supplies come in the mail

I'm hoping if I get my living situation set up to where I can live alone I'll be able to leave my room whenever I want and do all the fun things I love. Like putting on an old record and eating dessert and drinking tea in my living room, or having an indoor picnic. Maybe I could put cat treats out on a tiny plate for my cat and she could join me lol

I'm excited to learn how to crochet lace patterns bc I wanna make a black altar cloth with embroidered marigolds and orange lace around the edges

also, idk if you're on pinterest, but it's a great place if you like lists lol and you could save pics of your fave nail art or places you wanna travel!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
catastrophix

catastrophix

and my nightmares will have nightmares every night
Feb 20, 2023
My ultimate dream goal is to be completely independent and finally feel what freedom is like. :]

Some of my other long term goals are to graduate college, travel, write a book, learn to play guitar, have a social life and experiment more with my art.

I got pink highlights in my hair recently! I've always wanted to dye my hair silver too, but bleach just doesn't work as well w/ light colors due to my natural hair color.

I also wish I could do nail art, but my hands are super shaky so that's probably not happening lol. I hope you enjoy whichever things you decide to try!

• Love
GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
I would want to learn a bunch of different languages like Spanish, Japanese, ASL, and Nahuatl.

I would also like to see the Northern Lights in person and just travel in general.

My main goal though is to get better at art and be able to make an animated series or comic book (maybe both?).

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I want to be beautiful, learn Japanese, try some psychedelics (LSD or Shrooms) and just have some loving friends who I can love for themselves - maybe have some fun adventures and be happy together.

SorrowfulDrugUser

SorrowfulDrugUser

Professional Overthinker
Mar 25, 2023
I want to be beautiful, learn Japanese, try some psychedelics (LSD or Shrooms) and just have some loving friends who I can love for themselves - maybe have some fun adventures and be happy together.
As someone who has engaged in many psychedelics, I can say they are for sure helpful, very disappointing such powerful and wonderful compounds are illegal.

Reactions: FacePALM and pulsar
N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
As someone who has engaged in many psychedelics, I can say they are for sure helpful, very disappointing such powerful and wonderful compounds are illegal.
I had an experience a few days ago with DXM and it gave me profound insight on life and death and after that trip despite almost dying because I had no idea how physically tolling it is on my body (I'm on SSRIs). I'm feeling better than ever and putting steps to improve my life - it truly is a shame how these life-saving compounds are restricted and heavily looked down upon. I've had friends who I told about my experiences say they'd cut me off if I started doing it or that I'll be doing lines in and out of a hospital. It's so strange from being more open minded about certain subjects and how close-minded people around you become to certain topics even if they have no clue what they're about. It truly is a shame they won't come into use for a long while perhaps when cannabis is legalized it'll become more normalized and accepted.

• Love
Reactions: FacePALM
SorrowfulDrugUser

SorrowfulDrugUser

Professional Overthinker
Mar 25, 2023
I had an experience a few days ago with DXM and it gave me profound insight on life and death and after that trip despite almost dying because I had no idea how physically tolling it is on my body (I'm on SSRIs). I'm feeling better than ever and putting steps to improve my life - it truly is a shame how these life-saving compounds are restricted and heavily looked down upon. I've had friends who I told about my experiences say they'd cut me off if I started doing it or that I'll be doing lines in and out of a hospital. It's so strange from being more open minded about certain subjects and how close-minded people around you become to certain topics even if they have no clue what they're about. It truly is a shame they won't come into use for a long while perhaps when cannabis is legalized it'll become more normalized and accepted.
Yikes, DXM and SSRI's, definitely a recipe for Serotonin Syndrome. I love DXM, and as long as your safe with it, it can be a really good OTC therapeutic drug for beginners who prefer to source in an easy manner. as a matter a fact I was supposed to get some today. However, my parents got the package before I could :(

I also wish I had open-minded people around me, some people can be real dickwads.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Yikes, DXM and SSRI's, definitely a recipe for Serotonin Syndrome. I love DXM, and as long as your safe with it, it can be a really good OTC therapeutic drug for beginners who prefer to source in an easy manner. as a matter a fact I was supposed to get some today. However, my parents got the package before I could :(

I also wish I had open-minded people around me, some people can be real dickwads.
Yeah I should of listened to people telling me it was a big deal but they didn't provide any evidence so I thought I would be fine turns out I was over the dose for a max 4th plat on DXMcalc and 100% got serotonin syndrome. I love it too - I'm trying to get off SSRIs so I can use it safer as it's helped far more than antidepressants have for me. That's real unfortunate, I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to be more open-minded now since I've seen a lot more people hate or dislike something without giving it a shot or experiencing it/learning about it.

SorrowfulDrugUser

SorrowfulDrugUser

Professional Overthinker
Mar 25, 2023
Yeah I should of listened to people telling me it was a big deal but they didn't provide any evidence so I thought I would be fine turns out I was over the dose for a max 4th plat on DXMcalc and 100% got serotonin syndrome. I love it too - I'm trying to get off SSRIs so I can use it safer as it's helped far more than antidepressants have for me. That's real unfortunate, I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to be more open-minded now since I've seen a lot more people hate or dislike something without giving it a shot or experiencing it/learning about it.
Thankfully, I've never had the need to be put on prescriptions medication so I have never had those worries. However, I nearly one day mixed a dissociate with a benzo before realizing how dangerous it was on a second-thought. Looking back if I had mixed them I likely would've OD'd. Part of it is because I have many open conversations with people about the topic because honestly there is not many things better than a good chat. If you ever want to research how deadly drug combos are and want short and sweet answers. https://combo.tripsit.me has you covered. However, I still encourage you do your fair share of research outside the platform as edits and posts are community driven and can potentially contain fatally wrong information. Personally, it's always done me justice though.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Thankfully, I've never had the need to be put on prescriptions medication so I have never had those worries. However, I nearly one day mixed a dissociate with a benzo before realizing how dangerous it was on a second-thought. Looking back if I had mixed them I likely would've OD'd. Part of it is because I have many open conversations with people about the topic because honestly there is not many things better than a good chat. If you ever want to research how deadly drug combos are and want short and sweet answers. https://combo.tripsit.me has you covered. However, I still encourage you do your fair share of research outside the platform as edits and posts are community driven and can potentially contain fatally wrong information. Personally, it's always done me justice though.
Thanks for the info and resources, I'll certainly check them out. I'll always try and do my research before doing anything. I'd only really use platforms like this to see others experiences on these sorts of drugs. Much love thanks for everything. <3

SorrowfulDrugUser

SorrowfulDrugUser

Professional Overthinker
Mar 25, 2023
Thanks for the info and resources, I'll certainly check them out. I'll always try and do my research before doing anything. I'd only really use platforms like this to see others experiences on these sorts of drugs. Much love thanks for everything. <3
Of course, you seem like genuinely a great person, praying your future is filled with positivity <3

general bacon

general bacon

Mar 3, 2023
I want to see New Zealand and Ireland, the nature is beautiful and I think I'd feel a sense of freedom I've never felt by taking it all in. Sometimes I'm sad I was born in the US, though there are beautiful sights here too, it just seems different somehow.

• Love
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I would want to learn a bunch of different languages like Spanish, Japanese, ASL, and Nahuatl.

I would also like to see the Northern Lights in person and just travel in general.

My main goal though is to get better at art and be able to make an animated series or comic book (maybe both?).
that's so cool! learning new languages is really difficult for me, I often have a hard time remembering words in my native language lolsob. But spanish, asl, and nahuatl are languages I'm really interested in too. I know spanish the best but I'm still not that great. (I typoed my own screen name bc I was super sleep deprived when I started my account and now I can't change it lmao. it's supposed to be guayabas which means guavas, and then I figured since I couldn't change it, I'd make my profile pic some papayas bc that's the kind of thing I find hilarious). I took an asl class and did baby sign language when I used to work. and I've recently been learning a little nahuatl, but so far it's mostly just been learning how to pronounce everything. There's some good videos on youtube I've found

• Love
Reactions: GRIM_DEADMAN
manta

manta

Mar 26, 2023
I'd like to travel. Learn how to draw. Have my own house with a cat and tons of plants. Dedicate myself to something I'm passionate about. Make a positive change in my community somehow. Have a loving relationship with another man.

Writing this helped me feel better. Thank you for that. Pour over coffee is amazing! I hope you get around to making it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: guayabas
Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
I wanna find more rhythm games to play, move to a better school than the one I'm in atm ;-; I wanna do stuff like paint my nails, grow out my hair, have a fashion sense (if that makes sense) and more :3

• Love
Reactions: guayabas
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Get my body perfectly toned up, better than in my 20s. Learn social dances. Start doing some traveling again.

Reactions: pulsar
P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
It is legel, shrroms should be too. One state away.
I did spravato on valium and hardly felt anything. Nothing works for depression it seems.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
It is legel, shrroms should be too. One state away.

I did spravato on valium and hardly felt anything. Nothing works for depression it seems.
If you're talking about DXM, yes that is OTC although sadly shrooms aren't legal where I am.

I don't react at all to SSRI's either, they don't have a high success rate too. Sadly far from a miracle cure for depression.

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
No weed. I'm in Washington though. It';s been legal here for quite awhile. I don't know why it isn't everywhere. Oh big pharma will give you benzos from which withdrawal is a literal hell and can lead to suicide, I'm living that fun almost no sleep existence right now, or highly addictive opiates then cut you off, but god forbid you do weed. Never been my thing though. Why can't they legalize something useful like psychadelics? the drug policy in this country and the obscene amount of money big pharma and insurance companies make off of peoples suffering is ridiculous.
I think ssris and all antidepressants in general are bullshit. I think it's the placebo effect why it works for some people. A drug that really is effective doesn't require belief for it to be effective.

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
No weed. I'm in Washington though. It';s been legal here for quite awhile. I don't know why it isn't everywhere. Oh big pharma will give you benzos from which withdrawal is a literal hell and can lead to suicide, I'm living that fun almost no sleep existence right now, or highly addictive opiates then cut you off, but god forbid you do weed. Never been my thing though. Why can't they legalize something useful like psychadelics? the drug policy in this country and the obscene amount of money big pharma and insurance companies make off of peoples suffering is ridiculous.
I think ssris and all antidepressants in general are bullshit. I think it's the placebo effect why it works for some people. A drug that really is effective doesn't require belief for it to be effective.
for any drug to get released, they have to compare the results to a placebo. So they give one group of ppl a sugar pill and another group of ppl the actual medication. The ppl who administer the meds aren't allowed to know which one they're giving out either, it's called a double blind experiment. The actual medication has to have a statistically significant higher success rate than the placebo. I can't remember the exact percentage anymore, it's been 15yrs since I took classes. antidepressants def don't work for everybody, just like weed doesn't work for everyone. But it also legitimately helps a lot of ppl and can't be discounted

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Really, wow? Ive never taken any psychology classes. How I had enough credits to minor in it who knows.
ok well when you say antidepressants are just a placebo effect, it sounds like you don't know they're required to prove they work better than placebos before they're released, and it gives other ppl the impression that they're not proven to work better than placebos. it's irresponsible. a lot of ppl could benefit from meds if that's the route they wanna take, and statements like this discourage ppl

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
I'm probably not supposed to post links, but then I was never good at coloring inside the lines.
Google antidepressants are no more effective than placebos according to new studies. Also Johns Hopkins research using Psilocybin for treatment resistant depression. Big pharma wants you to believe they wotk. A lot of money to be made.

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
i know there were articles going around about chemical imbalance being a myth. it also didn't say the meds didn't work. it just said they didn't know why the medication worked. that happens with a lot of medication and treatments

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
ok well when you say antidepressants are just a placebo effect, it sounds like you don't know they're required to prove they work better than placebos before they're released, and it gives other ppl the impression that they're not proven to work better than placebos. it's irresponsible. a lot of ppl could benefit from meds if that's the route they wanna take, and statements like this discourage ppl
Statements based on research. But I guess with your multiple degrees you know best. Leep drinking the koolaid.
Statements based on research. But I guess with your multiple degrees you know best. Leep drinking the koolaid.
Keep

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I'm not saying psilocybin isn't helpful either. i'm just saying meds have saved lives