• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
I'd like to pose a hypothetical question to you all.
Let's say, with certainty that eternal oblivion is the way we go, there is nothing after death. That is it.

In that moment, that you pass on, in that single second. Would eveything, that is to come not all happen at once from your perspective?
In that single moment, woud everyone you ever know die, humanity cease to be, the Sun consume our planet in a solar flare, go supernova, would every star not form in the milky way then follow the same fate, all matter being drawn together, then compressed into black holes, then coming together.

Would eveything, everywhere not all happen for you in that instance?

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
My guess is if eternal oblivion was certain, it would pretty much rule out anything supernatural or beyond our normal experience at death. Your perspective would be something, then nothing, and anything that happens after is for other people to experience.

Time4Peace

Time4Peace

What the hell I'm doing here?
Apr 9, 2024
There is the eternal, the unmanifest, the non physical, the never ending light. Pure bliss, no physics that fall apart and cause harm and the heart and the mind are at complete peace. Then you go from there and create a physical, dense creation, but do it right. No order out of chaos or survival of the fittest of matter. Then it goes down hill from there coz someone wants to feel more GAINSSSS and twists the manifested creation into a negative one where you have pain and gain, delayed gratification, etc.

Stay away from these kind of whatever they are, just like you would avoid the toxic liars / egoists here.

My take at least.

A relevant song. Check the music video and the lyrics too.
Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun
Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut
There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before times took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay
The grass was greener
The light was brighter
When friends surrounded
The nights of wonder
Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide
At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world
Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times
The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river
Forever and ever

Reactions: sserafim
SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
My guess is if eternal oblivion was certain, it would pretty much rule out anything supernatural or beyond our normal experience at death. Your perspective would be something, then nothing, and anything that happens after is for other people to experience.
Then in the instant it turns black, infinite time passes for your £perception right?
There is the eternal, the unmanifest, the non physical, the never ending light. Pure bliss, no physics that fall apart and cause harm and the heart and the mind are at complete peace. Then you go from there and create a physical, dense creation, but do it right. No order out of chaos or survival of the fittest of matter. Then it goes down hill from there coz someone wants to feel more GAINSSSS and twists the manifested creation into a negative one where you have pain and gain, delayed gratification, etc.

Stay away from these kind of whatever they are, just like you would avoid the toxic liars / egoists here.

My take at least.

A relevant song. Check the music video and the lyrics too.
Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun
Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut
There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before times took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay
The grass was greener
The light was brighter
When friends surrounded
The nights of wonder
Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide
At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world
Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times
The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river
Forever and ever

I used to listen to this song as a child, thank you for sharing it again...

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Then in the instant it turns black, infinite time passes for your £perception right?
In your hypothetical where the next stage is eternal oblivion, I think it would just turn black. There'd be nothing magical about it. One minute you are, the next you're not. Like your current experience of falling asleep or passing out, depending on how it happens, except you don't wake up again.

The sort of experience you're describing aligns more with a supernatural, or spiritual, or metaphysical, assumption about reality and what happens after death, rather than eternal oblivion.

For example, let's say you get into a fight with someone and get choked unconscious. Everything goes black. The normal course of events is they let go, and you wake up a few seconds later, a bit dazed and confused and unsure of where you are, unable to recall anything of actually being out, or even the last second or 2 beforehand. But let's say instead, they didn't let go. Within a minute or 2 then you would die. If eternal oblivion is what death is, then that experience will be the same as before, passing out into darkness, which shuts off the mind before the death even occurs, with the difference that this time you don't wake up. The experience you're describing I think is premised on what happens after death being something else, like an out of body awareness or whatever the case may be.

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Death -> no consciousness -> no perception of time -> time will pass, but it will be like just a moment for you until your consciousness eventually reforms.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
The arrow of time would cease entirely for you.
It would not be like anything because there would no longer be an observer (you).
Eternal oblivion implies that nothing will come after, hence "eternal."
Moreover, you are assuming presentism, whereas B-theory or other A-theories are substantially more likely.
Death -> no consciousness -> no perception of time -> time will pass, but it will be like just a moment for you until your consciousness eventually reforms.
I hope that doesn't happen lol

Last edited: