water bunny

water bunny

I’m getting on the bus to the other world
Oct 20, 2023
I hate how everyone i know is better than me in terms of IQ or talents or appearance. My partner agrees that my looks are only tolerable and not pretty. He compares me to one of our friends whenever i bring up the topic.

When i was younger i had a best friend that could draw very well. Whenever i showed my parents' her art they would compare me to her and ask why i couldn't be as good. I admit she was years ahead in art for her age.

I had a friend who was good in her studies. My parents would also compare me to her and ask why i couldn't be as smart. I often feel worthless. I want to ctb because it's clear i have no talent and no purpose in living any longer. What good am i if i'm unable to stand out? It doesn't matter how hard i try. Everyone assumes i'm lazy.

My looks bring me at a disadvantage. People don't form a positive impression when they see me because i don't have the halo effect. I don't have a place in the world. No one is able to accept me. I hate myself the most

• Hugs
Reactions: peace_van, kunikuzushi, Sannti and 2 others
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Your partner saying that is absolutely disgusting. Additionally, IQ is just one form of intelligence. There's autistic people with like 160 IQ that can't function properly in our world. Is that really an advantage then?
We don't have to slay bears or lions anymore. Life isn't a life or death competition anymore. You seem to me as an empathetic person and out of that fact alone you could already start a career.
What you are saying about the Halo effect is true, good looks garner attention and overall positive social reactions. I do however obviously not know if you're actually not good-looking. I'm sure you are exaggerating.
You have to find your own place in this world and not listen to others who don't give 2 fucks about you. I am accepting of you are and there are plenty of kind people on this earth who will do too.

• Love
Reactions: peace_van, Oneness, water bunny and 2 others
81-Z@P@D

81-Z@P@D

We're forced into life to settle a perpetual debt
Apr 3, 2023
It's ok for you to be here, also I don't think the two of you should talk about looks so much in your relationship, esp if you care about each other

• Love
Reactions: water bunny
sombie

sombie

Oct 25, 2023
I get where your coming from but comparison is the thief of joy,if you constantly compare yourself with others you will always be disappointed regardless of how good you are at any given thing,my advice would be compare yourself with yourself and your own progress,remember all the pain and redirect it to the passions that you like to do,good luck and stay safe.

• Love
Reactions: peace_van, water bunny, bebebeep and 2 others
Necrosis

Necrosis

En bokstavelig bjørn som later som om han er menne
Feb 23, 2023
I get where your coming from but comparison is the thief of joy,if you constantly compare yourself with others you will always be disappointed regardless of how good you are at any given thing,my advice would be compare yourself with yourself and your own progress,remember all the pain and redirect it to the passions that you like to do,good luck and stay safe.
You summarized my feelings on this so efficiently. Good work.

Reactions: sombie