N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
People dont mind you dying so much, as they are opposed to the idea of peacefull exit. It messes with their heads too much. Their ego shell might crack.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ivenocare, NoOneKnows and Honigwaffel
W

want to die 25

May 8, 2019
I found this on internet. In my opinion that fits good.
I hope I don't go against a rule.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190511_153654_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190511_153654_com.android.chrome.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Ivenocare and Honigwaffel
Weems

Weems

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Man oh man. You know, it's possible to be too depressed for suicide. I just don't feel up to researching how to get black market drugs, hanging myself, or jumping. I'm just doing less and less every day hoping death arrives. Guess what, I'm 29 and healthy so that's not gonna happen. Agh. Imagine just being able to call a doctor!

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Ivenocare, NoOneKnows and 1 other person
H

Honigwaffel

Student
Apr 9, 2019
Reluctance to be a financial burden to one's family is a 100% valid reason to choose to die. (That is, unless it's only the family's idea and not the individual's - that's different.)

The age question can't have a one-size-fits-all answer. A child who's in intractable pain can't be denied a peaceful exit just because s/he's under 16. I suppose some mental illnesses can't really be judged incurable at a very early age; likewise emotional distress (in whatever age group) can't be accepted too quickly as cause for facilitated suicide. So some (most?) people would need counselling/therapy before qualifying. That would cost, of course, but civilised societies should provide that anyway to people in need.

This is a strange idea, but would having two or three different types of exit protocols available be appropriate? For example the people with intractable pain (physical or mental) or objective existential reasons would qualify for nembutal with a nurse to assist, but less clear-cut cases could be offered SN with anti-emetics and instructions for a DIY suicide that may involve discomfort? People wouldn't undertake that frivolously.

(If it were up to me personally, we'd all have tasteless nembutal available very readily, but I'm trying to address some of the questions the OP has set out for us.)
Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it.
Having tasteless N available at any time would certainly be wonderful. I think it would help so many people, because they know they are in full controll of their lives. Can't really trust in humans though, as it would also be a perfect murder weapon haha

Everyone has the right to end his life not only for any reason - just do it for no reason, because he does not want to live. Everyone has the right to do whatever he wants with his own body and his own life. My life should belong only to me, no one has any right to decide it for me. I believe that it is necessary to fight with the conviction that only physically and mentally ill have the right to euthanasia and assisted suicide, only those who are in pain and suffering. Many simply don't want to live, there is no such thing as the "wrong reasons", this is the fundamental right of every form of life. I do not need ANY life, I hate all this idiotic hypocritical nonsense "life is a gift and the greatest value." I also disagree that there should be some delay - just consultation with the doctors, that's enough.
Yes I agree with you. The hardest part is to filter the people that want it out of an impulse or havn't given it enough thought. The reasons to ctb shouldn't matter, however AS should only be offered to those who are certain with their decision.

1. More organs for the people who need it. Anyone who want to get assisted suicide must sign over all their organs, blood, etc. For research experiment etc. They can even choose to donor their whole body if they want to.

2. No more need to waste tax payers money to keep people who dont want to stay alive. Alive. Its counterproductive and extremely idiotic.

3. Need both doctor and psychiatrist to evaluate the person who want to die and then give that person 4 weeks of evaluation in a special ward without drugs just consultation and free roaming space like a resort and after 4 weeks the person still want to die then that person can die.

4. Also we everyone involve to sign the papers regarding the matter. So it will be recognize legally. By the doctor, psychiatrist , one witness and the judge.
Thanks for your valuable input. I especially like your third point. There should be an evaluation period with no influence by society.

Reactions: Vegrau
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it.
Having tasteless N available at any time would certainly be wonderful. I think it would help so many people, because they know they are in full controll of their lives. Can't really trust in humans though, as it would also be a perfect murder weapon haha

Yes I agree with you. The hardest part is to filter the people that want it out of an impulse or havn't given it enough thought. The reasons to ctb shouldn't matter, however AS should only be offered to those who are certain with their decision.

Thanks for your valuable input. I especially like your third point. There should be an evaluation period with no influence by society.

Yeah, my free-N-for-everyone program does need a bit of fine-tuning. But one issue I was trying to address with my blah-blah-blah was a way to filter out "impulse shoppers" without subjecting people with serious needs to burdensome wait periods, age limits, etc. What do you think about making two forms of exit available - for example assisted N for the clearcut cases and DIY SN for applicants whose reasons seem more iffy? They could wait if they wanted to try to qualify for the nicer way out, by going through therapy for example, or they could accept the rougher route if they didn't want to wait.

I think SN isn't something one takes all the way without being sure and determined.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
The cynic in me has only one question. Why is this politician interested in listening to you?

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
1) Should there be an age restriction? Do you have to be at legal age to apply?
- Legal age if not suffering chronic pain from an illness. No age applies when suffering chronic pain from illness.

2) Who would pay for it (Administration costs, Drugs etc.) If you pay it with 100% tax money there is no chance of passing the law, however some people just don't have alot of money, even more when they are at such a bad point of their lifes.
- Coverage should be taxed from pharma & hospitals

3) Is there a need for an evaluation by a psychiatrist? (Currently it is planned to make assisted suicide possible just for people that have incurable illnesses) Or should it be open for everyone, not depending on any medical problems?
- Open for everyone who is an adult and all that's required is an evaluation of not being coerced by others.

4) Is a delay from aplication to treatment necessary? To avoid people ctb out of an impuls.
- 1 year waiting period after the request. Once the year restriction has passed. The act of administering suicide must be carried out without 1 month if the person desires.

Reactions: Honigwaffel and TiredHorse
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
@alizee, I like 2 philosophically, but the prospect of paying to lose money will guarantee the medical industry fights the law tooth and nail.

Reactions: NoOneKnows
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It should be covered by national health insurance. (Thanks, Obama! :love: )

A year is too long for a waiting period. Let them be re-evaluated after two months.

I trust you include intractable mental illness as well as physical illness.

Reactions: Honigwaffel
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018

Yeah taking people out from the very place that made them miserable. Give them time to think it over and have someone to talk to. The effect might goes beyond your expectations... Loneliness, despair, limitations... Those things shouldnt be the reasons people kill themselves over. It will be too pitiful dont you think? I dont want people to kill themselves when theyre not even sure what is it they really want. Its simply counterproductive... Well thats another subject all together, anyway. Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Honigwaffel and Soul
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
@alizee, I like 2 philosophically, but the prospect of paying to lose money will guarantee the medical industry fights the law tooth and nail.
Theoretically the whole proposition depends on multiple factors of difference based on the country proposing assisted dying. Understandably the medical industry will fight the law tooth & nail if the country has healthcare setup as profiting like USA. In America the interest of the pharma & hospitals are for dragging out life, even when it's not beneficial and for draining the funds of family members for their sick individual close to death. Ideologically it would make sense to propose #2 how I wrote it and with attacking the politics with the preceding knowledge to get the commoners on our side.

Reactions: Ivenocare
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I don't have enough time left for the politicians to decide my fate. I don't want those dirty, grimey fucks deciding my fate. I got fucked over by doctors that caused an incurable debilitating condition. Just man up and fucking do it. I'm a pussy about it since my last serious attempt but my body is starting to shut down from all this medication. I am starting to have trouble getting out of bed and the pain is becoming excruciating. I have begged these dumbass doctors to put me inpatient because I can't handle this outpatient anymore. I have gotten answers like it's all in your head, it'll take too long inpatient, and you don't look like you're in that much pain. They stole my fucking life pure and simple. There is nothing I can do about it now but end it even though I don't want to but have to.

H

Honigwaffel

Student
Apr 9, 2019
I don't have enough time left for the politicians to decide my fate. I don't want those dirty, grimey fucks deciding my fate.
Me neither. And I believe that it will take a very long time to pass such a law. I'm just writing the best possible proposal right now in order to include it in my suicide notes. I just hope that eventuelly some media outlet will pick up on it..