• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
I truly believe that people who want to die... They've opened their proverbial 'third eye'

Once you want to cast away the shackles of this life, you start to realise concepts, actions, thoughts you would never have even cocieved before.
Nothing truly matters, nothing. Everything is in a constant state of flux, and will decay to be replaced by something newer.
Nothing you do will have much of an effect, if any...

You everything you do in the time before you leave, has a massive effect, you see all of the minutae of life of other people, both good and bad.
I consider my English to be excellent, even among other natives to that rain soaked island to the east of the atlantic, but I can't quite put it into words.
There is something beutiful in death, there is something enlightening in death.

When you're on the edge of life, you can see the threads of life.

Has anyone else had similar ideas and sentiments?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I truly believe that people who want to die... They've opened their proverbial 'third eye'

Once you want to cast away the shackles of this life, you start to realise concepts, actions, thoughts you would never have even cocieved before.
Nothing truly matters, nothing. Everything is in a constant state of flux, and will decay to be replaced by something newer.
Nothing you do will have much of an effect, if any...

You everything you do in the time before you leave, has a massive effect, you see all of the minutae of life of other people, both good and bad.
I consider my English to be excellent, even among other natives to that rain soaked island to the east of the atlantic, but I can't quite put it into words.
There is something beutiful in death, there is something enlightening in death.

When you're on the edge of life, you can see the threads of life.

Has anyone else had similar ideas and sentiments?
Is it like self-actualization? That's the highest on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Maybe suicidal people are self-actualized and in touch with their inner self

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Is it like self-actualization? That's the highest on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Maybe suicidal people are self-actualized and in touch with their inner self
Nope. Self-actualization refers to realizing and achieving one's full potential.

Maslow argued that, to be truly happy, painters need to paint, writers need to write, musicians need to play. This is self-actualization.

A lot of what the OP describes can be seen in those who haven't reach a point of self-actualization yet. Case and point, look at most of the people on this site.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 4am and sserafim
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
maybe not all of us, but some realize what life is and see the absurdity in it. so most people go with suicide. others see their surroundings as hostile or a hopeless future, so why continue? i think that this could be a generalized vision of suicidal thoughts, but its just my opinion.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Being adored is like a need for me, like food or water. Maybe some of us have risen to ultimate understanding but I'm going to ctb because I'm on the lowest rung of humanity lol. Thanks for the ego boost but I'm just mentally ill tbh

C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
Most cultures condemn laziness.But laziness in spiritual texts is described as a state of calmness that you need,to get in touch with your self and higher self.Imo, monks isolated themselves in the past to dodge this pathetic lifestyle.They got in touch with their higher self.People back in the day mocked them too."You don't want to do what every other jackass has been doing before you and around you???SHAME!?" was the response they got in response to their lifestyle.This happens now too.But people have learnt to shut their mouths and keep to themselves a little more now.Conformism is invented to keep you from achieving a higher state of mind or self.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Most cultures condemn laziness.But laziness in spiritual texts is described as a state of calmness that you need,to get in touch with your self and higher self.Imo, monks isolated themselves in the past to dodge this pathetic lifestyle.They got in touch with their higher self.People back in the day mocked them too."You don't want to do what every other jackass has been doing before you and around you???SHAME!?" was the response they got in response to their lifestyle.This happens now too.But people have learnt to shut their mouths and keep to themselves a little more now.Conformism is invented to keep you from achieving a higher state of mind or self.
I never understood why sloth was a sin. I hate how we're expected to be productive. Why is there an expectation to do something? We shouldn't have to do anything

Last edited:
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
I mean true I've opened my eyes to the horrors of this world and want to kill myself, how I will never fit into this world because of me being autistic, and how nothing matters anymore.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Monks aren't really lazy though. There is actually a lot of work that goes into being a monk and most cultures don't look down on them. From spiritual work, such as practicing meditation, to cleaning, doing chores, admin work, etc, being a monk does involve having to put in some work. To achieve a higher state of mind and self you must put in the work to do it. I wouldn't really describe it as something that doesn't require any work, especially since there are a lot of lazy people out there who've never achieve those things. This isn't to say that I think that laziness is a bad thing, because it isn't. Laziness can be good depending on context, as is the case with most things in life. However, I do feel like you've kind of simplified being a monk and achieving higher states of mind and self as something you obtain through laziness, when those things actually require work. It's just that a lot of that work is internal, rather than external.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Monks aren't really lazy though. There is actually a lot of work that goes into being a monk and most cultures don't look down on them. From spiritual work, such as practicing meditation, to cleaning, doing chores, admin work, etc, being a monk does involve having to put in some work. To achieve a higher state of mind and self you must put in the work to do it. I wouldn't really describe it as something that doesn't require any work, especially since there are a lot of lazy people out there who've never achieve those things. This isn't to say that I think that laziness is a bad thing, because it isn't. Laziness can be good depending on context, as is the case with most things in life. However, I do feel like you've kind of simplified being a monk and achieving higher states of mind and self as something you obtain through laziness, when those things actually require work. It's just that a lot of that work is internal, rather than external.
Monks wake up at 4-5 am. They have to do morning study and recitation. Their life is full of work. They have to pray, meditate and do chores and stuff. Some even do community service and help others. Their life is also stressful, but they're away from society and aren't being "productive" or buying into the capitalist pyramid scheme. I've honestly thought about being a monk (nun in my case), but it's a lot of work. It's too much work for me

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Monks wake up at 4-5 am. They have to do morning study and recitation. Their life is full of work. They also have to do chores and stuff. Their life is also stressful, but they're away from society and aren't being "productive" or buying into the capitalist pyramid scheme
While they are away from society, there are a lot of people who look up to them so they are usually able to get a pass on not being productive within our capitalist hellscape, at least in some cultures. The issue is that the person seems to be talking about laziness from a more general point of view, rather than how it specifically connects to capitalism, portraying laziness as something connected to achieving a higher state of consciousness and being a monk, which completely downplays the amount of work involved in those things.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
While they are away from society, there are a lot of people who look up to them so they are usually able to get a pass on not being productive within our capitalist hellscape, at least in some cultures. The issue is that the person seems to be talking about laziness from a more general point of view, rather than how it specifically connects to capitalism, portraying laziness as something connected to achieving a higher state of consciousness and being a monk, which completely downplays the amount of work involved in those things.
I agree. Monks are the opposite of lazy. You have be extremely disciplined to be a monk. Most people don't even make the cut. I think the OP doesn't know much about how much work goes into being a monk. I didn't know either until I Googled it last year when I was looking into being a nun. I also went to a Buddhist mountain in China last summer and we were expected to wake up at 4 am to take part in the monks' morning study/recitation. I didn't go because I was too tired but in hindsight I should have gone

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
There is actually a lot of work that goes into being a monk and most cultures don't look down on them.
You're right. Their work is actually internal.But you'll be surprised to know that within hinduism and buddhism,it was considered a deviation.The most common example would be, Siddartha (Gautam Buddha)'s dad freaked out when the seer told him his son would become a monk,so he shielded him from everything wrong with the world and Siddartha had a kid in his teens.

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I never understood why sloth was a sin. I hate how we're expected to be productive. Why is there an expectation to do something? We shouldn't have to do anything
Sloth is a sin in accordance with the bible because the bible was written by power hungry men as a tool to control the masses through fear (is my opinion).

Bow down. Behave. Know your place. I don't think the problems are new. Society has always been heirarchal, even when we pretend we live in democratic countries.

In answer to original original question, if questioning everything and seeing all the horror in human existence (to be fair I can see beauty too, and I can see where OTHERS find a point to life) means I've opened my third eye… I think I was born that way 🙄

Seriously though, I don't feel any less or more enlightened than anyone else. Sometimes I wish I was simpler in my thought processes, I'd probably have been happier in life.

• Informative