• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I think Immortality, or just a very long life would be absolutely horrible, and very boring and tedious. It would be even worse if you dont stay healthy and young forever. I would not want to be immortal, or live over 100, maybe 200 years. Is anyone here, who thinks immortality would be horrible too? Or even just very old Age? I think it would become very boring, very fast. I think it would be a horrible mistake to achieve immortality.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
For immortality to be at least bearable we would need to stop aging, and be resistant to all diseases. Still it'd be a pain to live so long.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
For immortality to be at least bearable we would need to stop aging, and be resistant to all diseases. Still it'd be a pain to live so long.

Yes, if its just prolonging life with all problems, it would be even more horrible.

Reactions: Painted Bird
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I think Immortality, or just a very long life would be absolutely horrible, and very boring and tedious. It would be even worse if you dont stay healthy and young forever. I would not want to be immortal, or live over 100, maybe 200 years. Is anyone here, who thinks immortality would be horrible too? Or even just very old Age? I think it would become very boring, very fast. I think it would be a horrible mistake to achieve immortality.
If you did not age physically immortality 'sounds' fun but; picture the pain of this lifetime, multiply it by say even 2-3 lifetimes, literally everything is pain (at least emotionally), and the kicker is you cannot CTB or even die by accident...

Still, compound interest would be neat

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
If you did not age physically immortality 'sounds' fun but; picture the pain of this lifetime, multiply it by say even 2-3 lifetimes, literally everything is pain (at least emotionally), and the kicker is you cannot CTB or even die by accident...

Still, compound interest would be neat

And if youre the only one who is immortal, everyone around you will die.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
And someday the earth, and then the universe will die, and you will be floating in space for eternity.
Although say you collect a billion years of knowledge, and knowing you're never going to die, you could figure out a way to travel the universe and visit other planets and stars. You could quite literally take a walk on the sun

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Although say you collect a billion years of knowledge, and knowing you're never going to die, you could figure out a way to travel the universe and visit other planets and stars. You could quite literally take a walk on the sun

Yes, but after a few million years it probably gets boring too. If there is a god, he is probably bored all the time.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah I agree, living forever (until the end of time) is just a bad situation overall. Even in the best scenarios (still have youth, disease free, good quality of life), things do get stale overtime because you have discovered all that you are discovering and have seen what life is already and could never just end. I would rather have a short, eventful and enjoyable (or at least tolerable) life and then just die versus living until old age and just barely exist until natural death.

ish

ish

Experienced
Jul 20, 2019
For a man it would be the biggest nightmare.
I'm trying to imagine it.
A substitute for an "immortal" being could be a creation,
existing in the minds (consciousness) of living beings
realistically, i.e. physically. This kind of symbiosis. beings
living real would be lethal, while existing
in their consciousness it would exist "all the time" and develop
along with their civilization. This "immortal" would not feel
suffering of physically living beings. Theoretically it's possible
however foreign to us because we depend on the body.

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
In this physical body and world where you need money and health and youth, yeah. But if there's something after that's different, it could be amazing.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Depends. If it happened to me in my current state, yeah, worst thing ever. Especially if nothing was going to change. I do not want to exist like this. I'm broken, mutilated, depressed, and nothing brings me pleasure anymore.

But before, in my "other life," it might not been so bad. I had a list of about a gajillion things I wanted to do and experience, and not nearly enough time to do them.

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Depends. If it happened to me in my current state, yeah, worst thing ever. Especially if nothing was going to change. I do not want to exist like this. I'm broken, mutilated, depressed, and nothing brings me pleasure anymore.

But before, in my "other life," it might not been so bad. I had a list of about a gajillion things I wanted to do and experience, and not nearly enough time to do them.

This is how I feel. I actually always used to feel that life had a ton to offer and I actually didn't have enough time in life to do it all.

Reactions: k75 and Baskol1