C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
Hello beautiful people, I hope you are all doing well. Or, as well as we can manage.

Anyway, I had the most bizarre dream today while I was sleeping. I often sleep during the day to pass the time because I'm the happiest when I'm asleep.

Anyway, I dreamed that I lived in an era when the world was so overpopulated with humans, that it was considered a huge honor and sacrifice to end your life to preserve the planet and to make room for those who were either too afraid of death to CTB or too selfish to make room and insist on remaining among the living.

I was in college, around eighteen or nineteen years old, and I was enrolled in a class that only tought students how to CTB. I remember sitting in the classroom, reading a brailled textbook because I'm blind, and there were hundreds and hundreds of pages all about different methods, reliability and peacefulness of sed method, how easy a sed method was to obtain, etc.

The ultimate goal of the class was to get you comfortable with a method that you could find peace with, as well as how to overcome the survival instinct.

The professor had us roll play quite a bit, imagining what our suicide would look like. One person in the game would be about to CTB, preparing their method, and another person in the game would speak aloud, pretending to be the voice of survival instinct in their head.

This was designed to get all students prepared for what the SI might throw at them, as well as to give students an opportunity to give feedback to the ones who seemed to be struggling most with the SI on ways in which they could cope with it, comebacks they could say back when that mean voice spoke to them, and help them decide on whether they were truly ready or able to CTB.

It was ok if, at the end of the course, you decided that you weren't ready to die yet. There was no real pressure to kill yourself, it was simply there to help educate you on methods so that, when and if you did ever decide to CTB, you would have well-rounded ideas on how to properly and successfully execute the plan.

Kind of a weird class to have in a college, I know, but that's how dreams are. Weird, bizarre, and unreal. This one, I guess, was a fantasy that I have been holding in my head that I didn't even know existed.

The best thing about the class, I thought, was that everyone in it was suicidal to some extent. There was great empathy there, a community very much like this one, only it was in real life, so you got to physically be with like-minded people and hang out after class to eat lunch, study up on methods together, find a possible CTB partner, etc.

Just thought I'd share, as I thought the dream deserved some recognition for being so vivid and clear to me, even after I woke up.

Bye for now, you guys! Sending warm hugs and love all your way.

Cupcake

• Love
Reactions: Maravillosa and Brick In The Wall