RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It looks like I'm experiencing strong Rheumatism symptoms at the moment and it's crushing me physically as well as mentally. I was physically a very healthy person until 3 weeks ago. I had mental struggles and I was already suicidal but this is a fucking nightmare.
Here is how that unfolded: Just recently, at the end of October, at the 26th, I noticed a strong pain in my left elbow. I didn't think much of it because I didn't injure myself or anything and thought it would only be a temporary issue. A few days later, it actually disappeared just as quickly as it came. But at the start of November, just one week later, I started to have severe pain in my left knee. It was really painful and I could barely walk. A few days later, the pain in the elbow came back but worse. I also felt a strong pain in my left wrist. During that time I went to the doctor repeatedly to get this checked because the pain only became worse over time, despite pain killers. I hoped it would just magically disappear again but it didn't, the opposite was the case - the pain became gradually worse and it was spreading. Almost every time I woke up, I could either feel the pain becoming more significant or I was feeling discomfort in more locations of my body, mostly joints. I felt pain in my feet, in my right wrist, in my neck and the intensity of the pain was going up super quickly. The doctors prescribed pain medication but honestly, it doesn't do much. They initially thought it was just a temporary inflammation and thought it would disappear again. When my pain didn't stop, they took a blood test and noticed some levels aren't right but they can't make any conclusions yet - so they transferred me to a clinic for Rheumatism today. But the symptoms are very clear, it has to be some kind of Rheumatism, the doctor agreed with that, that's why they sent me to experts in a hospital. My doctor said it might be some Fibromyalgia but I hope I'll get some answers in the hospital, which has it's own discipline for Rheumatism. I can't wait to get this anomaly checked because just 3 weeks ago, I was healthy, without any chronic pain at all. Now, I can't even type this text without severe pain in my left hand. Doing normal things became very difficult. Walking, opening doors, windows, bottles, it's a nightmare. Anything that requires me to use my hands painful. I usually use my right hand for those tasks but the pain is spreading. It's getting worse and I fear it might affect my whole body very soon, which would be horrifying. I feel crippled. I can barely do anything. The pain is really strong at times, it can go to up to a 9/10 I'd say. The pain is the worst when I wake up in the morning, I can barely move my legs or arms because it just hurts too much. It usually gets better during the day so I can at least function somewhat normal but the pain medication, as said before, don't help very much. And I'm just lost for words. I was healthy just like a few weeks ago. Now I don't even recognize my body anymore, like that's horrible. It looks like my life changed forever. Just like that, in a time span of a few weeks. And the worst part is, those rheumatic disorders shouldn't usually come at the age of 26. I'm still kinda young, I was mentally exhausted since my teens and now I'm also physically crippled to some degree. Like, really, the mental pain was enough, but thanks for that, life. Fuck this, man. This is really crushing. Depression, BPD, social anxiety, trauma and now this. I fucking can't. The only positive in all this pile of shit is, that this constant pain should really help a lot in pushing me over the edge for the next attempt. Survival instinct was a bitch until now, but with all that pain, I barely feel anything of that anymore, to be honest. And if there is no treatment to drastically remove the pain, I'll have no choice but to leave. I could cope with the mental struggles, I did actually for a very long time. But the physical pain that just appeared out of nowhere feels like a defeat.

Thanks for reading - I know I don't post much about my personal situation and I'm not the most active person in this forum anymore but I'm glad people listen when I actually do give an update.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Simba, it's_all_a_game, Pookie and 73 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
My goodness gracious.. I'm so sorry that this has all happened to you,. And in such short order too. Damnt,. I can't even imagine how hard it is to deal with this situation.

Prayers to you . Always.
❤️

• Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, sadworld, RainAndSadness and 4 others
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I could make it better for you. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: asdwannadie, antigone_iris, sadworld and 4 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Damn that's so awful! It shouldn't be such a battle just to get help. To get referrals, to get second and third opinions, just to get listened to. You deserve rest.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amber1974!!, NodusTollens, antigone_iris and 4 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
We love you rain :( you deserved so much better.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, RainAndSadness, Homecoming and 2 others
D

Deleted member 14177

not home
Jan 20, 2020
I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, friend. :aw: You do deserve relief. I hope you can find it.

• Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, sadworld, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Best of luck and shame you are going through that. Been around for a while and despite the fact that I'm not the most active here or in the pasts Discord servers I got to interact with you a couple of times and you seem very nice; don't really deserve all of this.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld, Huntfish34, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
With all due respect that is very unfortunate and I can not imagine what you are going through and while I can not feel your pain I can recognize it and hope that somehow things turn around for you. Smooth travels friend.

• Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, sadworld, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
succor

succor

tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
Oct 28, 2020
It's heartbreaking, having a disability/chronic pain suddenly come and rob you of your quality of life. August of 2019 was the beginning of the end for me, personally. I hope you find some sort of treatment or relief from this, my friend.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal, antigone_iris, sadworld and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Rheumatism can be excruciating. It's scary how fast life can change. I hope they're at least giving you some really nice pain meds.

• Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, sadworld, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm so sorry you're suffering with pain on top of what you've already had to battle with. Life can be so cruel and unrelenting. I hope you find some comfort and relief somehow and that things get easier for you :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, NodusTollens, RainAndSadness and 3 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. You don't deserve that. Life is unfair. We love you and I hope you'll feel better soon... Hugs!! :hug: :hug: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, RainAndSadness and antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
It makes me sad that you're going through such pain :aw: I hope you will feel better and that things will improve for you :heart:

Reactions: RainAndSadness
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It seems so unfair that you have so much to carry and now this.

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I'm sorry that you're going through more pain now. I can't imagine how bad it is for you rn. I hope you can get help for it.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm so sorry, beautiful! I hope they quickly sort out what it is and give you effective treatment. Meanwhile I want to wrap my coat around you to keep you warm xox

T

Thatsthelot

Jul 2, 2020
You should look up a guy called wim hof, may be helpful for your situation, I'm sure he has helped people with rheumatism before. You will find him on YouTube. Might be helpful might not be. Sorry you're struggling at the moment.

Reactions: RainAndSadness and Boart
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
It looks like I'm experiencing strong Rheumatism symptoms at the moment and it's crushing me physically as well as mentally. I was physically a very healthy person until 3 weeks ago. I had mental struggles and I was already suicidal but this is a fucking nightmare.
Here is how that unfolded: Just recently, at the end of October, at the 26th, I noticed a strong pain in my left elbow. I didn't think much of it because I didn't injure myself or anything and thought it would only be a temporary issue. A few days later, it actually disappeared just as quickly as it came. But at the start of November, just one week later, I started to have severe pain in my left knee. It was really painful and I could barely walk. A few days later, the pain in the elbow came back but worse. I also felt a strong pain in my left wrist. During that time I went to the doctor repeatedly to get this checked because the pain only became worse over time, despite pain killers. I hoped it would just magically disappear again but it didn't, the opposite was the case - the pain became gradually worse and it was spreading. Almost every time I woke up, I could either feel the pain becoming more significant or I was feeling discomfort in more locations of my body, mostly joints. I felt pain in my feet, in my right wrist, in my neck and the intensity of the pain was going up super quickly. The doctors prescribed pain medication but honestly, it doesn't do much. They initially thought it was just a temporary inflammation and thought it would disappear again. When my pain didn't stop, they took a blood test and noticed some levels aren't right but they can't make any conclusions yet - so they transferred me to a clinic for Rheumatism today. But the symptoms are very clear, it has to be some kind of Rheumatism, the doctor agreed with that, that's why they sent me to experts in a hospital. My doctor said it might be some Fibromyalgia but I hope I'll get some answers in the hospital, which has it's own discipline for Rheumatism. I can't wait to get this anomaly checked because just 3 weeks ago, I was healthy, without any chronic pain at all. Now, I can't even type this text without severe pain in my left hand. Doing normal things became very difficult. Walking, opening doors, windows, bottles, it's a nightmare. Anything that requires me to use my hands painful. I usually use my right hand for those tasks but the pain is spreading. It's getting worse and I fear it might affect my whole body very soon, which would be horrifying. I feel crippled. I can barely do anything. The pain is really strong at times, it can go to up to a 9/10 I'd say. The pain is the worst when I wake up in the morning, I can barely move my legs or arms because it just hurts too much. It usually gets better during the day so I can at least function somewhat normal but the pain medication, as said before, don't help very much. And I'm just lost for words. I was healthy just like a few weeks ago. Now I don't even recognize my body anymore, like that's horrible. It looks like my life changed forever. Just like that, in a time span of a few weeks. And the worst part is, those rheumatic disorders shouldn't usually come at the age of 26. I'm still kinda young, I was mentally exhausted since my teens and now I'm also physically crippled to some degree. Like, really, the mental pain was enough, but thanks for that, life. Fuck this, man. This is really crushing. Depression, BPD, social anxiety, trauma and now this. I fucking can't. The only positive in all this pile of shit is, that this constant pain should really help a lot in pushing me over the edge for the next attempt. Survival instinct was a bitch until now, but with all that pain, I barely feel anything of that anymore, to be honest. And if there is no treatment to drastically remove the pain, I'll have no choice but to leave. I could cope with the mental struggles, I did actually for a very long time. But the physical pain that just appeared out of nowhere feels like a defeat.

Thanks for reading - I know I don't post much about my personal situation and I'm not the most active person in this forum anymore but I'm glad people listen when I actually do give an update.
Sorry this is happening to you. I wish you a clean exit if that is what you desire.
In a weird way I wish I could feel your pain so it might help me over the edge also.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Thank you all for the kind support, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the late answer. Sadly, the forum deleted the draft I prepared a few days ago and now I had to write this post all over again. It's very difficult for me to write lengthy posts due to the pain in my wrists, which is another reason why wasn't able to respond to this thread earlier. I went to the doctor again on Friday, the 13th and Tuesday, the 17th for more checkups and they finally gave me some cortisone. So far it's the only thing that seems to help out with the pain, like I can at least function on a bare minimal level but I'm still very restricted and movements cause a lot of pain. The doctors still have no clue what's causing all of this and they called the hospital again to get an earlier appointment, which was initially scheduled for December - with success. They re-scheduled my appointment for Monday and I'm very curious about the results. I hope they can find a cause for the pain and some treatment. Some kind of rheumatism still seems very likely to me, due to the quick appearance of all those symptoms without any clear causes.

My goodness gracious.. I'm so sorry that this has all happened to you,. And in such short order too. Damnt,. I can't even imagine how hard it is to deal with this situation.

Prayers to you . Always.

Thank you a lot! It's very difficult and without the cortisone I couldn't do anything. I'm just surprised and baffled how this pain came out of nowhere. I was doing perfectly fine not even a month ago, just like any regular 26 years old person, and now I feel crippled and useless and I'm haunted with constant pain.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I could make it better for you. :hug:

Thanks! You did, thanks for the kind words. Hugs! :hug:

Damn that's so awful! It shouldn't be such a battle just to get help. To get referrals, to get second and third opinions, just to get listened to. You deserve rest.

Yeah, I'm currently working on that. I'll have my appointment in the hospital on Monday and I hope we'll find an answer to my pain.

We love you rain :( you deserved so much better.

Thank you! :heart:

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, friend. :aw: You do deserve relief. I hope you can find it.

Thanks, I hope so as well. I just want to go back to "normal" - whatever that means in my case. But my mental health disorders were enough already, this is the kind of gift you really don't want to accept...

Best of luck and shame you are going through that. Been around for a while and despite the fact that I'm not the most active here or in the pasts Discord servers I got to interact with you a couple of times and you seem very nice; don't really deserve all of this.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I remember you from the Discord, I'm glad I left a good impression!

With all due respect that is very unfortunate and I can not imagine what you are going through and while I can not feel your pain I can recognize it and hope that somehow things turn around for you. Smooth travels friend.

Thank you. I hope so as well. I'm still hopeful that there is a way out of this but if there isn't, I really doubt that's gonna do any good for my mental health in the long run and it will probably speed up the exit process a lot. I've been depressed for a long time but I've noticed that all the sudden pain is amplifying it even more and it's just crushing. I'm just glad I have N in case this gets too much.

It's heartbreaking, having a disability/chronic pain suddenly come and rob you of your quality of life. August of 2019 was the beginning of the end for me, personally. I hope you find some sort of treatment or relief from this, my friend.

Yeah, it's terrible. I mean, I wasn't mentally healthy before and I was suffering quite a bit but at least my body was cooperating with me to some extend. That's all gone now, with that constant pain and the inability to just do basic, normal things without strong discomfort.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Rheumatism can be excruciating. It's scary how fast life can change. I hope they're at least giving you some really nice pain meds.

Thank you! It's very excruciating, yeah. I never expected that this would happen to me but considering I haven't had the most healthy life style either, maybe I even deserve it. Yeah, in regards to the pain meds, I had some paracetamol/codeine pills, they barely did anything for me. But the cortisone is quite decent. It's still painful but it makes it at least somewhat bearable.

I'm so sorry you're suffering with pain on top of what you've already had to battle with. Life can be so cruel and unrelenting. I hope you find some comfort and relief somehow and that things get easier for you :heart:

Thank you! :heart:

I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. You don't deserve that. Life is unfair. We love you and I hope you'll feel better soon... Hugs!! :hug: :hug: :heart:

Thanks, I hope so as well. :hug:

It makes me sad that you're going through such pain :aw: I hope you will feel better and that things will improve for you :heart:

Thanks! Time will tell, I'll keep you people updated for sure.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It seems so unfair that you have so much to carry and now this.

Yeah. I can't exactly say life has been fair to me but then again, that's probably the case for most people that are members in this forum.

I'm sorry that you're going through more pain now. I can't imagine how bad it is for you rn. I hope you can get help for it.

Thanks! I'm sure the hospital will take great care of me.

I'm so sorry, beautiful! I hope they quickly sort out what it is and give you effective treatment. Meanwhile I want to wrap my coat around you to keep you warm xox

Aw thanks! That sounds cozy and I'd love some comfort. :heart:

You should look up a guy called wim hof, may be helpful for your situation, I'm sure he has helped people with rheumatism before. You will find him on YouTube. Might be helpful might not be. Sorry you're struggling at the moment.

Thanks, I'll go check it out. Any help is welcome.

Sorry this is happening to you. I wish you a clean exit if that is what you desire.
In a weird way I wish I could feel your pain so it might help me over the edge also.

Yeah, my exit seems seems closer than ever, now that I'm in such severe physical pain. This definitely weakened my SI a lot but time will tell, I still have some hope that there is some treatment out there. I guess it really depends on the diagnosis in the end. If it's indeed Rheumatism as suspected by my doctors, that would really suck. I just feel empty and weak and I really don't need that on top of my mental struggles. We'll see how things unfold. Thank you a lot for the kind words. I also wish you peace on your path.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments, everyone. It really helps.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Life sucks, noaccount, Broken Chimera and 6 others
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019

Welcome. Your symptomes are very similar to mine. I live in this hell 3 years already. In my case it's all due to infection.
try Carters protocol, it might help:
There is no way rheumatoid arthritis progresses that fast.
You need to check your blood for intracellular infections.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld and RainAndSadness
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Thank you all for the kind support, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the late answer. Sadly, the forum deleted the draft I prepared a few days ago and now I had to write this post all over again. It's very difficult for me to write lengthy posts due to the pain in my wrists, which is another reason why wasn't able to respond to this thread earlier. I went to the doctor again on Friday, the 13th and Tuesday, the 17th for more checkups and they finally gave me some cortisone. So far it's the only thing that seems to help out with the pain, like I can at least function on a bare minimal level but I'm still very restricted and movements cause a lot of pain. The doctors still have no clue what's causing all of this and they called the hospital again to get an earlier appointment, which was initially scheduled for December - with success. They re-scheduled my appointment for Monday and I'm very curious about the results. I hope they can find a cause for the pain and some treatment. Some kind of rheumatism still seems very likely to me, due to the quick appearance of all those symptoms without any clear causes.
I hope you find the answer on Monday, and that your pain and the cause of it can be effectively treated :hug:

Bahbah Blacksheep

Bahbah Blacksheep

Dec 23, 2019
Have you looked into cannabis as a treatment? I've heard that can help with Rheumatism. Sorry to hear you're suffering

Reactions: stygal, sadworld and RainAndSadness
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Sending a big hug yr way sweetie

• Love
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Good luck we are rooting for you!! :heart:

• Love
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm so sorry you're in that much pain... sending you :hug:

• Love
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Quick update. I was in the hospital last Monday and they did some check-ups, used ultrasound, took some blood and so on - but the symptoms weren't clear enough yet due to the cortisone treatment, which helped for the pain but it also suppressed the symptoms a lot. They told me to take a break from the cortisone treatment for a while and they scheduled more appointments for next week for more check-ups. So I stopped the cortisone back on Monday and as a result of that I'm suffering a lot again. The pain is worse than before, I also noticed strong swelling in my feet and wrists and I feel very tired and exhausted again. I'm trying really hard to get this post done but the pain in my wrists make it difficult to type. I hope they can figure out the cause for this mess and initiate treatment for the pain very soon.

Welcome. Your symptomes are very similar to mine. I live in this hell 3 years already. In my case it's all due to infection.
try Carters protocol, it might help:
There is no way rheumatoid arthritis progresses that fast.
You need to check your blood for intracellular infections.

Thanks. I'm sorry you're in such pain for 3 years already. I hope you'll find peace.
Regarding the arthritis: I don't know. It all started back in October 26 and it didn't stop. They took a lot of blood last Monday in the hospital and I'll have another appointment for an ultrasound check of my joints. So they'll take a closer look at my body. As written above, they said I can't take any cortisol for a while because it suppresses the symptoms which make a diagnosis very difficult. The pain became a lot worse when I stopped the cortisol and I noticed some swelling in my feet and wrists as well. it does indeed sound like rheumatoid arthritis and if that was the case, that would indeed be a very grim outlook for my future. It sounds terrible and if that's my condition - it feels absolutely like a nightmare too.

I hope you find the answer on Monday, and that your pain and the cause of it can be effectively treated :hug:

Thank you. Sadly, the symptoms didn't lead to a clear conclusion yet but the doctor said it's most likely a rheumatic disease. There will be more appointments in the upcoming days and I really hope there will be a clear answer soon.

Have you looked into cannabis as a treatment? I've heard that can help with Rheumatism. Sorry to hear you're suffering

That's a great idea, honestly. I heard about the medical effects of cannabis and if the pain doesn't stop, I'll definitely consider buying some and see if it has a positive impact. I might also talk to the doctor about this too, guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I talked with some psychiatrists about psychedelics in the past and they were open about me trying some to see if it has an effect on depression, anxiety and other disorders, actually. So I'd be surprised if the doctors oppose that, considering there is great research about the medical benefits of cannabis.

Sending a big hug yr way sweetie

Thank you a lot! Sending hugs back to you! :hug:

Good luck we are rooting for you!! :heart:

That's sweet. I hope I can come back with some positive news very soon.

I'm so sorry you're in that much pain... sending you :hug:

Thanks! Here is a hug back for you! :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Life sucks, Bahbah Blacksheep and 3 others
Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
I'm so sorry about what you're going through, sounds like it could be autoimmune related and I bet the rheumy's would have considered doing an ANA or ASMA test. Sincerely I hope it isn't autoimmune related... Hoping for good news and the best for you !

• Love
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Thanks. I'm sorry you're in such pain for 3 years already. I hope you'll find peace.
Regarding the arthritis: I don't know. It all started back in October 26 and it didn't stop. They took a lot of blood last Monday in the hospital and I'll have another appointment for an ultrasound check of my joints. So they'll take a closer look at my body. As written above, they said I can't take any cortisol for a while because it suppresses the symptoms which make a diagnosis very difficult. The pain became a lot worse when I stopped the cortisol and I noticed some swelling in my feet and wrists as well. it does indeed sound like rheumatoid arthritis and if that was the case, that would indeed be a very grim outlook for my future. It sounds terrible and if that's my condition - it feels absolutely like a nightmare too.

Ok. That's great that you found a treatment that works. At least you know what works for you and believe me that's a good thing!
Cortisol supresses inflamination which can or can't be autoimmune related. The downside is that it supresses you immune system as well, so you become vulnerable to infections and cancer. My friend was on cortisol therapy for 6 months and it fucked up his body pretty bad, so he had to stop. Overall cortisole did more damage than good to his body. But! about a year ago he discovered intermittent fasting. It helped him a lot and he is now on his way to recovery. He is on vegetarian diet.
I had also followed his advice and I'm on vegetarian diet, no tea, no coffee. I was able to reduce my inflamination levels, so live became at least bearable. I still do dry fasting. You might want to try that. There are a few groups about intermittent fasting on Facebook. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Reactions: RainAndSadness and less than
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Has your uric acid level been checked? If it's high, allopurinol, probenecid and other standard and well established medications can be used to bring high uric acid under control. At the very least, if your uric acid is not high, then you know you don't have gout. If your uric acid is indeed high, then only your symptoms are being treated, not your causes. Typically, you have to specifically ask to have your uric acid levels checked.

Also, do you have access to a certified acupuncturist for obtaining immediate (although temporary) pain relief? (It can be an incredible experience, each tiny needle into various points of the body feeling as though they are injecting numbing agents. People undergoing acupuncture begin in agonizing pain, but can be snoring well before each 20 minute session is over because of how relaxing it is. My primary care physician practices acupuncture herself, although I use the services of a more local acupuncturist.)

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Have you been tested for Lyme disease?

Reactions: yetme, RainAndSadness and Gnip