• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
HEY!!!

I feel a bit awkward even posting this here right now, I'm weirdly anxious and exited, as though it's my first day in a class of a subject I'm passionate about and introducing myself (despite the fact no one made me do this).

Obviously, I'm not giving away any personal info, but I wanted to be honest with people here, because for the first time in my entire life, I've found a place in the world that I feel like understands me in a way that none of my interpersonal relationships can. I've been reading some of the posts made here, and I'm shocked at seeing how many people are outright saying the things that I've said to myself- in my own head.

As someone who aspires to be a writer -and isn't very good at it- one of the things I believe makes the art of writing competent is honesty, and I've never felt like I've been able to honestly express my feelings anywhere interpersonally, nor on the internet, nor in my writing, because I can't ever fully reveal the depths of my feelings, since I am extremely suicidal, and most people aren't able to put themselves in my shoes. Don't get me wrong, good for them, I don't want anyone to feel as trapped as I do, but it's kind of satisfying that I've been able to find a place where the vast majority of you arrived to this position of your own volition.

It's so funny how one paragraph ago I said how free I feel to express my disdain for life here as well as my true feelings and whatnot, but as I'm typing this, I'm almost lacking the words to express how genuinely happy I am that I'm not alone in thinking this way. Maybe I shouldn't be? I don't think you guys wanna feel awful all the time either, but we can't help ourselves, we are what we are, and here we are.

So thank you, you wonderful people.

I'll read up some more posts and learn a bit about the culture here before I share some of my own disdain for participating in the world of the living, and I hope you won't be shy to ask me any questions -as long as they're not about my personal details- about my thoughts on whatever topics. I'd also love to engage with you on whatever topic you want, so long as I'm earnestly interested, of course. Anyway, if you read up to this point, thank you so much. As a writer, it means the world that anyone would read anything I write!!! Sorry if it was a bit wordy, I let my excitement get the better of me as I typed this out, but I'm just so happy to not be alone in my way of thinking. Thanks again!!!

ThumbsUp
P.S: Sorry if this thread comes off as off-topic!!!

I'll delete it and write something more on-topic that still conveys the point if need be

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think it's weird to feel glad that you found this site, as after all everywhere else in this society is only pro-life. At least on here people can write about wanting to die without the fear of being cruelly locked away in the psych ward.

GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
I don't think it's weird to feel glad that you found this site, as after all everywhere else in this society is only pro-life. At least on here people can write about wanting to die without the fear of being cruelly locked away in the psych ward.
Thank you!!! I agree, it feels amazing to not have to bite my tongue on this topic as hard as I usually have to. I feel like I just took off a heavy backpack after years of carrying it. I hate being alive so much it's unreal, and I'm not ashamed to say I deserve the right to want to end my life or at least write about how much I despise it to as many people who will listen

Reactions: HuskyD'hiver
suicidalgirl96

suicidalgirl96

Oct 10, 2023
Hi! I'm new here too :) I found this website a couple of months ago and began visiting frequently before finally making an account. It's definitely been a comfort finding this community and also all the information on methods. I'm very grateful. Like you said, although it's awful to know so many people feel the same way, it's a comfort knowing we're not alone. 🤗

Reactions: GreenMarsh
Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
I am also a writer who is not good at it. The absolute best piece of advice I've ever received re: honesty in writing is: Tell the truth, but tell it slant. And you can interpret that as you wish. For me, it means I can be honest with my feelings, bring them all into my writing, but I tell those feelings slanted. I don't need to be exact with them, as long as it makes sense when I re-read the bit.

And this means I can write things that I'm honest about and can also show those things to my professors without getting the cops called on me. Haha.

This is a good place. I've lurked here since 2020. I know exactly how you feel, because that's how I felt when I found it. I've always been alone in the way I thought. Knowing there was a place I could actually be not just listened to but truly understood-it was a relief.

What sort of things do you like to write?

L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
New here myself. This is the first forum I've been this excited to be on in over a decade.

Reactions: GreenMarsh
GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
I am also a writer who is not good at it. The absolute best piece of advice I've ever received re: honesty in writing is: Tell the truth, but tell it slant. And you can interpret that as you wish. For me, it means I can be honest with my feelings, bring them all into my writing, but I tell those feelings slanted. I don't need to be exact with them, as long as it makes sense when I re-read the bit.

And this means I can write things that I'm honest about and can also show those things to my professors without getting the cops called on me. Haha.

This is a good place. I've lurked here since 2020. I know exactly how you feel, because that's how I felt when I found it. I've always been alone in the way I thought. Knowing there was a place I could actually be not just listened to but truly understood-it was a relief.

What sort of things do you like to write?
That's actually a really good piece of writing advice! I believe my first short story was written with that philosophy and it turned out quite decent, but I've never been able to quite put into words why it stood out so well.

As for what I like to write, I like to write short stories that one can relate to their own life experiences. I'm a big fan of fictional scenarios which are implausible in real life, but serve a greater metaphorical purpose in the narrative. That's a bit vague, so I'll use my aforementioned previous story as an example. The basic premise revolves around a lonely, unfulfilled man who learns he has the ability to become the shadow of people and other living things, watching their lives, and influencing them. The whole thing is a pretty on-the-nose "shadow of your former self" metaphor.

ToastCoast

ToastCoast

crispety and crunchety
Oct 11, 2023
HEY!!!

I feel a bit awkward even posting this here right now, I'm weirdly anxious and exited, as though it's my first day in a class of a subject I'm passionate about and introducing myself (despite the fact no one made me do this).

Obviously, I'm not giving away any personal info, but I wanted to be honest with people here, because for the first time in my entire life, I've found a place in the world that I feel like understands me in a way that none of my interpersonal relationships can. I've been reading some of the posts made here, and I'm shocked at seeing how many people are outright saying the things that I've said to myself- in my own head.

As someone who aspires to be a writer -and isn't very good at it- one of the things I believe makes the art of writing competent is honesty, and I've never felt like I've been able to honestly express my feelings anywhere interpersonally, nor on the internet, nor in my writing, because I can't ever fully reveal the depths of my feelings, since I am extremely suicidal, and most people aren't able to put themselves in my shoes. Don't get me wrong, good for them, I don't want anyone to feel as trapped as I do, but it's kind of satisfying that I've been able to find a place where the vast majority of you arrived to this position of your own volition.

It's so funny how one paragraph ago I said how free I feel to express my disdain for life here as well as my true feelings and whatnot, but as I'm typing this, I'm almost lacking the words to express how genuinely happy I am that I'm not alone in thinking this way. Maybe I shouldn't be? I don't think you guys wanna feel awful all the time either, but we can't help ourselves, we are what we are, and here we are.

So thank you, you wonderful people.

I'll read up some more posts and learn a bit about the culture here before I share some of my own disdain for participating in the world of the living, and I hope you won't be shy to ask me any questions -as long as they're not about my personal details- about my thoughts on whatever topics. I'd also love to engage with you on whatever topic you want, so long as I'm earnestly interested, of course. Anyway, if you read up to this point, thank you so much. As a writer, it means the world that anyone would read anything I write!!! Sorry if it was a bit wordy, I let my excitement get the better of me as I typed this out, but I'm just so happy to not be alone in my way of thinking. Thanks again!!!

View attachment 121252
P.S: Sorry if this thread comes off as off-topic!!!

I'll delete it and write something more on-topic that still conveys the point if need be
i laughed out loud like a complete psycho for a good two and a half minutes when i found this site. needless to say, i was stoked.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
hello. what brings you to this place?

not weird, i felt excited too when i first came here, a bad kind of excited

why have you come here? i just wanna know your story, its honestly a tragedy every time someone new comes here because you know why theyre here and its yet another lost soul in this cruel world

Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
That's actually a really good piece of writing advice! I believe my first short story was written with that philosophy and it turned out quite decent, but I've never been able to quite put into words why it stood out so well.

As for what I like to write, I like to write short stories that one can relate to their own life experiences. I'm a big fan of fictional scenarios which are implausible in real life, but serve a greater metaphorical purpose in the narrative. That's a bit vague, so I'll use my aforementioned previous story as an example. The basic premise revolves around a lonely, unfulfilled man who learns he has the ability to become the shadow of people and other living things, watching their lives, and influencing them. The whole thing is a pretty on-the-nose "shadow of your former self" metaphor.
Ah, sounds like magical realism! One of my favorite genres. And short stories, too! They don't get nearly enough respect. I think you might like the author Kelly Link, if you don't already know of her-she does something quite similar. Great stuff.

If you ever have something good enough to share, I'd like to read it. That shadow story sounds interesting.

GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
i laughed out loud like a complete psycho for a good two and a half minutes when i found this site. needless to say, i was stoked.
TOO REAL. We're definitely not okay, but we're not okay TOGETHER, and that's what matters. Feels nice to run the asylum for once

PikaShades
Ah, sounds like magical realism! One of my favorite genres. And short stories, too! They don't get nearly enough respect. I think you might like the author Kelly Link, if you don't already know of her-she does something quite similar. Great stuff.

If you ever have something good enough to share, I'd like to read it. That shadow story sounds interesting.
Thank you! I'll check Kelly out
Once I settle into my own a little more comfortably on the site, I'd be glad to share some of my writing with anyone interested. Much appreciated

ToastCoast

ToastCoast

crispety and crunchety
Oct 11, 2023
TOO REAL. We're definitely not okay, but we're not okay TOGETHER, and that's what matters. Feels nice to run the asylum for once

View attachment 121261

Thank you! I'll check Kelly out
Once I settle into my own a little more comfortably on the site, I'd be glad to share some of my writing with anyone interested. Much appreciated
come read some of mine, be fucked up, be very fucked up

GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
hello. what brings you to this place?

not weird, i felt excited too when i first came here, a bad kind of excited

why have you come here? i just wanna know your story, its honestly a tragedy every time someone new comes here because you know why theyre here and its yet another lost soul in this cruel world
Hello,
It's not a particularly interesting story what brought me here, first is the literal thing that pointed me in the direction of the site, which was a youtube video which was being critical of it. However, I saw a past the controversy, and wanted to engage with the people in this forum.

The reason why I wanted to engage was because I myself have been suicidal for about 7 years, give or take. My suicidal views on life molded themselves as part of my future, that is to say, a lack thereof, and my morality. Since my suicidal views were controversial and hard to discuss, I never had a place to talk about them openly. At least until I found this place

GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
Ah that'll be twatacrul. He's a right twat by all (YouTube) accounts.
The comment section was awful in that video. I shudder to think that so many of those people would have us locked up in an institute for the rest our of lives, only to die someday anyway, instead of letting us die peacefully. There are fates worse than death, and one of them is life.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
The comment section was awful in that video. I shudder to think that so many of those people would have us locked up in an institute for the rest our of lives, only to die someday anyway, instead of letting us die peacefully. There are fates worse than death, and one of them is life.
That's very true. However his little foray into ineffectual psychology actually increased the numbers on this forum. Which in one respect is sad, but for people like yourself, has hopefully given you an avenue to actually express how you feel… and may actually help you (one way or the other).

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Welcome! I agree that it's a huge relief not to have to lie about your feelings or personal problems. The outside world has zero tolerance for any of it. Even with people who consider themselves free thinkers.. until you say anything that's remotely suicidal! You are not the first youtube person who came here and found comfort. If only the pro-life people would realize it, they'd see how many struggling souls feel better here, just from having someone who listens and understands them! Also there's a lot of good information on how to prevent accidentally injuring yourself with ineffective attempts. Nice to have you here. Have a good night

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I found this forum this week and I was almost excited, too. Finally a place where I don't have to pretend, or worry that people think I'm too dark. I'm just normal, except I'm profoundly depressed and I'm tired of living like this year after year.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Welcome to SaSu! ^_^ Enjoy your stay here! :3 Not many do! Unfortunate circumstances have overtaken all of us after all! lol. But it must be very nice for those that do!

NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I feel similarly! It's extremely difficult to have these conversations, outside of this space. People don't understand our experiences, and that disconnect makes it close to impossible to converse with them about the subject. I remember how my skin crawled with excitement when I first learned about this forum, knowing that there was a community out there, that I could talk to. I feel like I belong here, with people that won't pity me or snap at me for sharing my experiences. I know that I will be supported in this space. Good luck with your writing!

HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
Newbie to this forum as well; I don't think I exactly felt excited, more just this sense of curiosity and intrigue to see what the ideas of others who suffer from depression that may be similar or different to my own, but I understand the prospect of excitement that others may have when learning about SS. I also came here from Tantacul's video (which is it's own discussion that I know is very heated in this community, so I don't think I should give my take on it and accidentally offend anybody), but overall, I think that this community, in the few days I have seen it, is vibrant in a macabre kind of way that shows a side to humanity that is too taboo for most. I may have my gripes here tbh, but overall, this is just a place to put your feelings out (which for you as a writer makes sense, I also would love to read some of your work btw as it sounds fascinating).

A

abl2023

Oct 15, 2023
While browsing the web, I came across this forum by accident. I felt a sense of relief. It's refreshing to know that I'm not alone in feeling like this and that there's a community that understands and supports one another.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
Hello,
It's not a particularly interesting story what brought me here, first is the literal thing that pointed me in the direction of the site, which was a youtube video which was being critical of it. However, I saw a past the controversy, and wanted to engage with the people in this forum.

The reason why I wanted to engage was because I myself have been suicidal for about 7 years, give or take. My suicidal views on life molded themselves as part of my future, that is to say, a lack thereof, and my morality. Since my suicidal views were controversial and hard to discuss, I never had a place to talk about them openly. At least until I found this place
ah, thats fair, most of us dont have very interesting stories either.
my condolences, and also i like your profile picture

cath55555

cath55555

Addict with a Pen
Feb 5, 2022
I don't think it's weird :) when I found this site, I just felt an overwhelming sense of relief. I love that I can post my truth here, whether that be my experiences, emotions or otherwise, without the fear of being seen by people I know or censored by the algorithm. as painful as it is knowing others are experiencing these feelings, it's like a weight was lifted from my chest when I created an account. I feel I can actually exist here without having to hide... also, hi, a fellow writer :) I write poems, but I've only ever posted 1, and it wasn't on here but rather on a long since deactivated twitter account ahaha. they're not very good poems but I find that noting them down is cathartic. do you feel the same about your writing?