UniqueWorm

UniqueWorm

the horrors persist but so do i
Sep 9, 2024
Im getting help tommorow or Thursday.
my ptsd has been a nightmare recently and because of it my mental stare is declining rapidly and I know i wont be able to keep myself safe for much longer. Because I have a hard time verbalizing my feelings or writing in the moment im going to pre write notecards in the morning while im to tried to 0shutdown so i can answer all of the important questions. tommorow (Tuesday) or Thursday im going to try to reach out to my school counselor or advisor (clarifying, im 18, im a senior in high school). if i don't ill definitely be able to reach out on Friday at therapy. Hopefully all goes well.

i just wanted to write this out so i can hold myself accountable to it.
remember that you matter dudes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Just_Another_Person, JohnnySack and 3 others
Heem wasnt there

Heem wasnt there

Missing You
Dec 8, 2023
I really hope this goes well for you. I struggled with really rough PTSD for close to two years and when I finally got help I felt much better. I hope you find the same amount of help and continue to heal.

Reactions: UniqueWorm
J

JJ53

Aug 19, 2024
That's a very brave thing to do. Let us know how it goes!

UniqueWorm

UniqueWorm

the horrors persist but so do i
Sep 9, 2024
Nothing changed. I got put on a anti anxiety med which wasnt really my main issue. im now just on suicide watch by my family and i feel equally shitty

• Hugs
Reactions: 1043169
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Nothing changed. I got put on a anti anxiety med which wasnt really my main issue. im now just on suicide watch by my family and i feel equally shitty
When you're down so far deep in the hole so as to find yourself active on a suicide forum, you know it's going to take a lot of time and concerted effort to recover from that.

Knowing that you're starting from such a low point, if after reaching out this week, you're feeling "equally shitty", I would actually call that a win. Personally, I wouldn't have expected any "feeling better," and this is preferable to "feeling worse" at this point.

Good for you for doing this. I recall from a prior thread of yours that this was a very hard thing for you do. I hope they've offered you some kind of followup. At some point (sooner than later), they should work with you in coming up with a treatment plan that includes both short-term and long-term goals. If they don't volunteer this, I'd suggest prompting them for it because goal-oriented treatment would probably benefit you more than "just talk therapy" that has no particular goal.

This makes for a long road ahead. Try to be patient with yourself as well as the mental healthcare system which is very flawed. This was such a big thing for you to do. Give yourself credit for any progress you make, even the smallest of steps.

• Hugs
Reactions: broth0100 and badtothebone