Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
I am such a dickhead.

About half an hour ago, I basically told one of my friends to stop caring about me and fuck off...
Now I feel bad but I don't want to go apologizing because then I'll just seem desperate.

I have no idea what I should do.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
apologizing isn't desperate. if i were your friend, i'd prefer you apologize to me soon after the incident then say, two weeks after. it just depends on the way you word it.

don't focus on yourself when you apologize - that's how you'll sound desperate. focus on your friend and their feelings. something along the lines of "i'm sorry i lashed out at you. i know what i did wasn't justified, and i'm sorry for what i said." might work.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mm80, Deleted member 19654 and 5 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
it's hard to apologize. especially after lashing out. but @VIBRITANNIA has the right idea - doing that will help make your apology more genuine, indicate more that you understood what you did wrong, and know to try and not do it again.
here, have a hug!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii, Lux and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Sometimes it's best to swallow your pride and admit your own wrongdoings. It ultimately depends on how much this person matters and how bad you feel about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Georgii and Lux
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
If you feel you have fucked up, an apology is always the right thing to do, IMO. It's never a sign of weakness, quite the contrary, it's a sign of trust. If more people admitted they were wrong and apologised, society would be so much the better. I have a great deal of respect for those wise enough to admit fault and brave enough to apologise. Anyone that will not accept a heartfelt apology then has their own issues.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Apologizing is difficult, but it doesn't show desperation. It only shows that you care more about the friendship than your own pride, and that is a very powerful statement to others.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 1465