penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I'd like to think that the bubble will burst in my lifetime given how sporadic governments changed throughout history. Younger generations are not taking overworking bullshit and the concept of "work hard to get better things"

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. I got no idea how most people are okay with this or how this doesn't make them suicidal

Reactions: Sleeper System and Hollowman
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Keep in mind that the job market is fucked nowadays, and that people are pressured to go to college, uni etc. and get into massive amounts of debt for no added benefit. It's fucked. We have people who have become debt slaves for the rest of their lives all for a piece of paper that resulted in them -just- managing to get a job... flipping burgers.
The pension system will be replaced by UBI. It's unsustainable. In my home country the retirement age is like 68 and expected to rise again
I wish. As if. That would be too kind to ever become reality.

Reactions: Sleeper System
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
All of this should act as the ultimate contraceptive, & it is tragic that it does not.
....It seems that a despairing differcult future makes no difference, people will still think
that it is ethical to keep having children & perpetuate suffering.

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
I recently realized that the only way I could ever truly heal and move on with my life is if I move out. I looked into it, spoke with some people, and concluded that even with no debt and a decent sustainable income I couldn't afford it. I'm basically doomed. I'm the closest I've ever been to CtB, and even despite the reasons I thought I was going to CtB, I think this is the actual biggest reason. No hope for the future economy.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I think life began to feel less real and less meaningful the minute I got out of school and realized I'll be working until I'm old and frail. Working for most of your life and for what? Just to make enough to get by(if even)? Everyday? That's it? That is what life is about? It's cruel.
Sorry to say but this is literally what awaits you. I felt that way 16 years ago and fast forward to now and yeah im just working every day getting older and just living a life of insufferable routine. I make just enough to get by but not enough to have a decent retirement. So it's exactly as you say.
I recently realized that the only way I could ever truly heal and move on with my life is if I move out. I looked into it, spoke with some people, and concluded that even with no debt and a decent sustainable income I couldn't afford it. I'm basically doomed. I'm the closest I've ever been to CtB, and even despite the reasons I thought I was going to CtB, I think this is the actual biggest reason. No hope for the future economy.
Maybe look into room-mate type situations. I couldn't afford an apartment to myself and juggle my other bills but I can because of thinking of it as a dorm situation. It's not bad at all.
All of this should act as the ultimate contraceptive, & it is tragic that it does not.
....It seems that a despairing differcult future makes no difference, people will still think
that it is ethical to keep having children & perpetuate suffering.
It feels like it's not but in terms of the statistics the birth rate is down significantly.
People are starting to realize that with the way the economy is that is hard enough just taking care of yourself let alone a child or running a household. I personally will not be reproducing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman and dumblosergirl
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
Maybe look into room-mate type situations. I couldn't afford an apartment to myself and juggle my other bills but I can because of thinking of it as a dorm situation. It's not bad at all.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather live with who I'm living with currently than risk ending up somewhere worse with a stranger. Not a risk I can afford, especially because I'm a bad judge of character. I don't have friends and I don't plan on having a relationship, I think I can only feel safe if I can live alone. But, beggars can't be choosers. At least I don't plan on having kids.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather live with who I'm living with currently than risk ending up somewhere worse with a stranger. Not a risk I can afford, especially because I'm a bad judge of character. I don't have friends and I don't plan on having a relationship, I think I can only feel safe if I can live alone. But, beggars can't be choosers. At least I don't plan on having kids.
That's fair. I thought the same. I guess I got lucky and found a spot where everyone is chill and stays to themselves. If you have the option to say where you are and you're comfortable then do that for as long as you can. I would just advise that you keep some sort of back up plan in your back pocket and some savings incase you change your mind later down the line so you don't have to start from scratch.