Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Definitely unexpected. I was trying more to use it to relating it to the pain aspect of it. Once the brain has trauma I believe the pain is non existent.
If you are wondering what falling is like give bungee jumping a try.
I've seen some really crappy therapists that are just prescription whores.
I read about a woman found at the bottom of the bridge I've chosen. Her injuries were mostly upper body. The head seemed fine.

wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
i would probably think 'oh fuck'.

I've been thinking about jumping a lot but I don't want to hurt the people who might accidentally witness it as I've witnessed someone do it (they survived ) and it made my heart drop.

• Wow
Reactions: Lara Francis and IWTD
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
i would probably think 'oh fuck'.

I've been thinking about jumping a lot but I don't want to hurt the people who might accidentally witness it as I've witnessed someone do it (they survived ) and it made my heart drop.
What did the survivor do when they landed?

C

Connor36082

Apr 18, 2019
Realistically I'd probably be terrified the whole way down and just have to hope that I fall as fast as possible. But this is my method as once you take the step off the edge there's no backing out of it.

Reactions: Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Realistically I'd probably be terrified the whole way down and just have to hope that I fall as fast as possible. But this is my method as once you take the step off the edge there's no backing out of it.
And little chance of failure if it's a known suicide spot.

wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
What did the survivor do when they landed?
the person didn't jump per se but they were hanging off with their feet dangling down onto the motorway (or freeway ), the police officer held onto their hand and finally, they dragged them up. it kinda triggered me for a couple of days and oddly enough a month later I met them in the psych ward during my stay, they didn't have any injuries that I could see but they were sectioned.

mx5nb3

mx5nb3

"The opposite of depression is vitality"-A.S. Tedx
Jun 10, 2020
I would recommend going on a tandem skydive at least once if you are considering this method(Of course, not sure its possible with the social distancing measures). I did it earlier this year and was suprised by how peaceful it was. I could breathe, I didnt have a knot in my stomach.. it was great in my opinion. If I could afford a skydive kit and the training program, Id dive and never deploy the chute.. unfortunately it is very expensive.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I'd feel at peace and that I'd finally done something worthwhile that would benefit everyone else around me.

• Love
Reactions: thx1138 and mx5nb3
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
Yeah it terrifies me. SN has too many rules though. Take this med and dose at this time, measure correctly, etc.
Both methods have their suck, fo- sho.....but in general, i don't think there's any easy way out of here- NOT at this point.....pick our 'preferred poison', whatever we can get! ..i guess that's how i see it........

Last edited:
N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019
I'd be thinking about how much better my next life will be...

• Love
Reactions: Weebster
H

heraclitus

Student
May 22, 2020
Those people look like ants - oh, wait, they are..............:smiling: Or I'd be humming

Reactions: SnowWhite and SpottedPanda
Velia

Velia

Mar 1, 2019
I wonder if I will feel at peace and finally be free..

Reactions: heraclitus
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I'd be thinking about how much better my next life will be...
While knowing there is no next life? Or do you really believe there is one?

sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
The one I love.

Reactions: deathissosad
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Probably nothing. I would just try to enjoy the view.

Reactions: heraclitus and Close_to_freedom
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
'Holy fucking shit!!!!111'

(I would probably regret it really hard and flail my arms around - just like I did the first time around, because Im a coward that isnt ready to face death)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
It's thought that a sense of regret is felt as soon as a person jumps, so maybe shit! I've changed my mind, what have I done? Followed by thoughts of those you love.
But who knows?
I don't believe anyone would not be influenced by the SI no matter how much they want to Ctb, but there would be so little time to think in this situation

Last edited:
Reactions: Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
'Holy fucking shit!!!!111'

(I would probably regret it really hard and flail my arms around - just like I did the first time around, because Im a coward that isnt ready to face death)
We must fall like the man in black at the end of the documentary The Bridge.

Reactions: BridgeJumper
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
We must fall like the man in black at the end of the documentary The Bridge.

I aspire to have this level of chill.
He just went and did a backflip and fell down some 70 meters, and didnt even flinch

G

Gladtogo

Jun 6, 2020
Sky dive is one of the best things i've done, so i imagine it'll prob be a massive buzz.

I guess we only know about what the ones who survive were thinking, and if there's a high prevalence of regret, maybe that's linked to their survival. Hopefully the ones who die just embrace the fall, the buzz and the end.

palebluedot

palebluedot

the view from halfway down
Apr 20, 2020
This thread reminds me of the poem from BoJack, The View From Halfway Down about when Secretariat jumped. I have it in my name because it's been guiding my choices as I figure out how to catch the bus. I don't want to go through the pain of potentially realizing everything would be okay except for the fact that I was about to die and couldn't do anything about it. It scares me beyond words. I don't care how much the method I chose hurts physically as long as I don't end my life looking at the view from halfway down.

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I aspire to have this level of chill.
He just went and did a backflip and fell down some 70 meters, and didnt even flinch
He is god of jumpers.
This thread reminds me of the poem from BoJack, The View From Halfway Down about when Secretariat jumped. I have it in my name because it's been guiding my choices as I figure out how to catch the bus. I don't want to go through the pain of potentially realizing everything would be okay except for the fact that I was about to die and couldn't do anything about it. It scares me beyond words. I don't care how much the method I chose hurts physically as long as I don't end my life looking at the view from halfway down.

If you watch the video where Secretariat jumps, he clearly doesn't regret it. Secretariat at the time of the poem was really just voicing Bojack's view of death.

• Love
Reactions: BridgeJumper
palebluedot

palebluedot

the view from halfway down
Apr 20, 2020
If you watch the video where Secretariat jumps, he clearly doesn't regret it. Secretariat at the time of the poem was really just voicing Bojack's view of death.
[/QUOTE]

I know, but there's definitely some truth to it, and I think the original shot of him falling is so zoomed out for a reason. I know the writer used testimonies from people who jumped to write it. IDK, something about that poem was enough to stop me from ever jumping

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020

I know, but there's definitely some truth to it, and I think the original shot of him falling is so zoomed out for a reason. I know the writer used testimonies from people who jumped to write it. IDK, something about that poem was enough to stop me from ever jumping
[/QUOTE]
Watch the documentary The Bridge. There's a guy at the end who clearly doesn't regret his fall. The key to it i think is exhausting your options of getting better.

Reactions: palebluedot
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
OH SHIT, OH FUCK, OH SHIT!

Reactions: KleinerWolf
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
OH SHIT, OH FUCK, OH SHIT!
I don't think people should jump with that mindset. Why impose anymore unnecessary suffering on yourself? I plan to jump in a calm state. It's been done.

Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
I don't think people should jump with that mindset. Why impose anymore unnecessary suffering on yourself? I plan to jump in a calm state. It's been done.
Yeah that's just me, jumping won't be the way I'll be going. Although I really don't think it matters once you're in free fall because the deed is done already. Do you know what you'll be jumping from?

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
funny how fallin feels like flyin for a little...splat

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Yeah that's just me, jumping won't be the way I'll be going. Although I really don't think it matters once you're in free fall because the deed is done already. Do you know what you'll be jumping from?
A bridge. About 800 ft. 10 second drop. Should I fall backward or forward? I heard landing on your feet is bad but I don't know if that matters at 800 ft.