• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Will it change your will to ctb?
Just a random thought that came to me

aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
Not particularly.
A lot of my will to CTB comes from my pure inability to move on from previous mistakes. If I went back in time and weren't to remember, I'd just make the same mistakes. But if I do remember, I'd still be mad at myself for those mistakes, even if they technically "did not happen."
Although, even then, in the theory of time travel, they still would've technically happened on another world line. It might honestly increase my will to CTB, as now I'm just gonna start from earlier but with all the will I have now.

Complicated but, surely a thought.

Reactions: Gloom and Yuki K
ratlover223

ratlover223

angelic fairy butterfly
Mar 13, 2023
if i did try to go back in time to change my mistakes, it would not have led me to where i am today. as painful as it sounds, attempting ctb (and surviving) has changed me into trying to live as long as possible. for myself, pets, family, and more importantly, my fiancée. if i did not survive, i would not have met her, or known what love truly felt like.
that being said, if i had a chance to go back in time, it would have been when my ex texted me first in a year where it led me into a spiral of depression and suffering.

Flores de Abril

Flores de Abril

Mar 8, 2023
Probably I wouldn't change a thing as well
Even with all the bad things that happen and could be avoided or all the mistakes I made I wouldn't change a think. Everything that happened made me grow in some shape or form and if I hadn't made these mistakes I wouldn't have learned those lessons and wouldn't have changed, as painful as it sounds to some parts of me I would at end choose to not change anything.

Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Nothing. I was born sick like this. Nothing in the past will change that.

Reactions: Yuki K
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
It's kinda funny how most came to the same conclusion that regardless of the possibilty to change something, most wouldn't or don't think it will fundamentally change their will to ctb. I myself don't think there's much I could've changed. I would have to change my whole environment since birth or there'd have to be constant effort by me to undo the damage that was done to me from the outside.

Reactions: Yuki K and Rairii
sorrowed_ender

sorrowed_ender

You should never trust the Pantaloon
Mar 3, 2023
I would tell myself when I was was 16/17 to leave my ex. Turns put I was being groomed online and they were a pedophile seeking to abuse me. I didnt know of their intent, and they faked certain ailments to keep me attatched. I would also go bacl in time to tell myself to never join a certain website I will not name, as it is dead. I was 11 or 12 when I joined it, which started a long line of grooming and abuse. it was terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yuki K