• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
If you did not asked to be alive, why you cannot just go to a hospital and say: "Look, I am tired of life and I just wanna rest forever.

If someone just doesn't want to live for whatever reason, that shouldn't be a problem. Why isn't dying recognized as a real alternative? Why are people locked up, given medication and made to feel guilty even though they can communicate their will quite clearly and are adults? This is so strange honestly

Natalists wouldn't allow it-they don't care if their kid suffers in life as long as they don't leave it so they make it incredibly difficult and then just say "well if you hated life that much you'd end it" so they can tell themselves their kid actually likes living. In reality they have little choice.

who can make you go on a roller coaster ride without your consent than force you to stay on the ride until you die of natural causes

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In theory, it feels like we should be able to reasonably request this.

Why we can't is because of how society and the vast majority of it's citizens think about death. Most people live their lives trying to avoid or prolong death for as long as possible. People in general don't think it's normal or natural to want to die. That is an immediate red flag for them that someone is mentally ill and so- isn't even capable of making that decision. I'm not saying I agree with that. I'm just saying- that's how they see it. Doctors and nurses take a kind of vow to preserve life so, a hospital will try and save you- rather than kill you. (In theory.)

Just about everything about us is hardwired to live- our SI. Our families probably don't want us to suicide. Society at large doesn't want us to suicide because they side with the bereaved loved ones who will be left behind. Plus- there's religious and financial opposition to suicide.

We're not even allowed to talk about suicide openly, so it feels like the chances of attitudes towards it changing are a long way off. While suicide isn't illegal at least now in most of the world, it's a relatively recent development. It was only in 1961 it was legalised in the UK. But regardless, many of the more peaceful methods are illegal to try to obtain. Plus, if you're caught in an attempt, you will likely be treated similarly to a criminal- involuntary sectioning and all that.

With all that opposition, it isn't as simple as just returning an unwanted gift.

idk3

idk3

Sep 10, 2023
In the US alone, 5,600 people die each year while on waiting lists to receive organ transplants.

If Governments could set up programs where people suffering could go in and be humanely euthanized, their organs could be used on people who actually want to live. It seems like a win win all around.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Humans are the strangest species. We 100% know we will die for sure, but would still make it normal to go to school for 20 years, and also work a full time job for 40 years straight

Its like..... for what??? Just to die in the very end?? lol. Human and society make no sense

Imagine playing a video game that is impossible to win, but yet still keep trying to win it, while clearly knowing its impossible. That's the definition of insanity. Us humans, are crazy

Animals are better than us

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think its too complicated to deal with anytime soon.

You don't want suicide to be too easy as then angry teens etc would kill themselves because they only got two likes on TikTok.

To make it for people who are genuinely too ill to get better is hard to define and draw the line. The vast majority of people can be helped and do recover from their suicidal thoughts.

I know I am untreatable, but I also know that's not true for everyone. Only 0.01% of us CTB remember.

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
I know I am untreatable, but I also know that's not true for everyone. Only 0.01% of us CTB remember.
for every successful suicide, there are an estimated 20 attempts that's 14,000,000 million people or 0.175 percent of the population
attempting suicide each year, in an average life span of 80 years there are 1,120,000,000 attempted suicides that 14 percent of the population, also in an average life span of 80 years there are 56,000,000 deaths to suicide that 0.7 percent of the population

Last edited:
arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I read about cases of euthanasia here in the Netherlands. Those people got what they wished for. But it's only possible if the pain is insufferable and there is nothing ahead of their life that would make it better. They also need to have a very long lasting wish to die. I think most users on this website don't qualify.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is an extremely valid point! People who would draw that option are not very productive for society anyways anymore - this assumption cannot be generalized but I think it applies to a majority here.

In my case when I was very suicidal and I wanted to end it it probably would've been easier - maybe I would've done it - it would've prevented me from so much more pain, agony and more failures.

From an evolutionary pov it's not logic when people kill themselves in small societies but hey we're over 8 billion and the world is highly over populated ... that won't be an issue at all for any society.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
In theory, it feels like we should be able to reasonably request this.

Why we can't is because of how society and the vast majority of it's citizens think about death. Most people live their lives trying to avoid or prolong death for as long as possible. People in general don't think it's normal or natural to want to die. That is an immediate red flag for them that someone is mentally ill and so- isn't even capable of making that decision. I'm not saying I agree with that. I'm just saying- that's how they see it. Doctors and nurses take a kind of vow to preserve life so, a hospital will try and save you- rather than kill you. (In theory.)

Just about everything about us is hardwired to live- our SI. Our families probably don't want us to suicide. Society at large doesn't want us to suicide because they side with the bereaved loved ones who will be left behind. Plus- there's religious and financial opposition to suicide.

We're not even allowed to talk about suicide openly, so it feels like the chances of attitudes towards it changing are a long way off. While suicide isn't illegal at least now in most of the world, it's a relatively recent development. It was only in 1961 it was legalised in the UK. But regardless, many of the more peaceful methods are illegal to try to obtain. Plus, if you're caught in an attempt, you will likely be treated similarly to a criminal- involuntary sectioning and all that.

With all that opposition, it isn't as simple as just returning an unwanted gift.
Spot on. I'd also add that while it makes sense to offer anyone who wants to die MAID from an individual point of view, especially if you're a negative utilitarian, it doesn't make as much sense from a societal point of view. A society that would allow 20-year-olds to easily kill themselves is a society that would slowly and painfully die out.

Yavannah

Yavannah

Autistic & miserable
Jul 18, 2022
In the US alone, 5,600 people die each year while on waiting lists to receive organ transplants.

If Governments could set up programs where people suffering could go in and be humanely euthanized, their organs could be used on people who actually want to live. It seems like a win win all around.
i believe organs can't be used anymore after assisted dying with Barbiturates.
at least thats what i remember reading a Q&A from a VAD organization..
does anyone knows more?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
i believe organs can't be used anymore after assisted dying with Barbiturates.
at least thats what i remember reading a Q&A from a VAD organization..
does anyone knows more?
Depends on where you live. In my region, you can only donate organs if you die in a hospital.

EDIT: nvm misread your post, I thought you were talking about CTB, not MAID

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
With the end of your comment you've reminded me of MR BONES' WILD RIDE

Please enjoy

Attachments

• jlU9m8gxZ40JGXprcFkPWW6GfflDGokv0nFMaZjUcUI.jpg
    jlU9m8gxZ40JGXprcFkPWW6GfflDGokv0nFMaZjUcUI.jpg
    704 KB · Views: 0
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I think it can cause recession, I think if we pay them enough for service they will do it.

blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
Our society harbors a deeply entrenched belief that human life is always inherently worth living, regardless of the circumstances. This is a fundamentally flawed and illogical belief. The problem is, humans aren't reasonable or logical. Most people are set on the idea that "life is good no matter what" not because life is actually objectively good but because evolution and societal conditioning have hardwired this belief into them. For these people, even the mere suggestion that life might not be worth living terrifies them and creates a feeling of cognitive dissonance, so they have no choice but to cling on to their flawed mindset. If you stray from that mindset, you'll get labelled as crazy and mentally ill.

In my opinion, euthanasia should be a human right and should be readily available for those who want it. None of us chose to be born, we didn't choose to live. Our looks, genetics, family, health, intelligence and so on - we had no choice over any of those things. Having the choice to end our own lives peacefully makes a hell of a lot more sense than having our suffering prolonged out of "compassion" and "hope".

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Because humans are so incredibly sadistic, it's horrific to me how many wish to do all they can to force others to suffer in this hellish and meaningless existence, it's disturbing how they'd rather others end up with brain damage from trying to die going wrong than let them die peacefully. I despise this evil world where there is no acceptance towards suicide, allowing people to die in a peaceful way would be so compassionate and solve everything, it's criminal how they deny the right to die peacefully even know existence was so harmfully imposed in the first place.

It'd be such a relief for me to be able to die in peace, only non-existence is desirable to me, it's disgusting how suicide is always seen as something to stop rather than accept as a very valid personal choice. Not everyone wants to suffer for decades just to be tormented by old age and die anyway, I never would have chosen existence.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Make an appointment at the nearest hospital to be euthanized - that is exactly what I want to do. Death should be a human right - and that will probably be possible in the future. Society seems to regard man as an immortal god (the denial of death). We live in a society where humans are forced to live - in a world where we all have to die anyway. I think that the great mass is very stupid. Euthanasia should not be a political or religious decision but up to the individual. The problem is also that life expectancy is too high which can mean many decades of meaningless suffering for chronically ill people. I think that growing old is the worst thing that can happen to a person. When people are allowed to have children, why don´t people have the right to die. In a forum of discussion, someone wrote that he had called SOS and said that he wanted euthanasia and they only replied "How can we help you to live?"

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
I just don't want to live because of me having ASD and past bad experiences, I can't and don't want to be a part of the world or society.

Yes, I should be given a bottle of Nembutal or euthanasia.

RueTheRavenPrincess

RueTheRavenPrincess

Apr 15, 2024
If you did not asked to be alive, why you cannot just go to a hospital and say: "Look, I am tired of life and I just wanna rest forever.

If someone just doesn't want to live for whatever reason, that shouldn't be a problem. Why isn't dying recognized as a real alternative? Why are people locked up, given medication and made to feel guilty even though they can communicate their will quite clearly and are adults? This is so strange honestly

Natalists wouldn't allow it-they don't care if their kid suffers in life as long as they don't leave it so they make it incredibly difficult and then just say "well if you hated life that much you'd end it" so they can tell themselves their kid actually likes living. In reality they have little choice.

who can make you go on a roller coaster ride without your consent than force you to stay on the ride until you die of natural causes
On paper you should totally be able to just opt out of life, but I think the tricky part is that people, especially nurses and doctors largely would never ever want to kill somebody. Ending life support is one thing, and that is already extremely controversial to many people. But the toll that ending many lives would take on health care professionals might be more than we are considering, and I would be hesitant to see doctors if I knew highly intelligent psychopaths would join the profession just to legally be serial killers and all that. Sounds bonkers but truth is stranger than fiction, and at the end of the day it's up to medical professionals to decide if they would push to kill their patients. Their oath to do no harm would be willddddddddd to work around and the opinions on it would be so polarizing and diverse that I think we will never see ethical legalized suicide on a large scale unfortunately. :((((((

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
I agree that Euthanasia should be more accesible, but it certainly needs limits. Like someone else said, wouldn't want angry teens offing themselves impulsively. Similarly, plenty of people who experience suicidal ideation do not want to die, they just want what they're feeling to end, and for plenty of people it does pass. This is not true for everyone, of course, and everyone should have more options than "just cope and die when your time comes"

Reactions: Darkover
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Honestly, i think you were right regarding this, people should've the option to quit this life if the want to. I mean they can used their organ for science or else right? Okay, let's say that u were worry this gonna invite people to ctb themself, well how about creating regulation regarding this ctb? Put on a limitation on how much suffering(physicaly&mentally) people have to experience to the point that euthanasia is the only choices? Say that you worried about human population is declining, mate, we have estimately 8 billion people, say that suicide rate increased in every country, you still have much to have it's not like we gonna have ecomony crisis due to losing some people who either good for nothing or they just physically unable to perform any work. Unless the suicide increase too much, i can see why people were having a concern, but if that so,shouldn't you review the system that you make instead of blaming people who commited suicide huh??

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Our society harbors a deeply entrenched belief that human life is always inherently worth living, regardless of the circumstances. This is a fundamentally flawed and illogical belief. The problem is, humans aren't reasonable or logical. Most people are set on the idea that "life is good no matter what" not because life is actually objectively good but because evolution and societal conditioning have hardwired this belief into them. For these people, even the mere suggestion that life might not be worth living terrifies them and creates a feeling of cognitive dissonance, so they have no choice but to cling on to their flawed mindset. If you stray from that mindset, you'll get labelled as crazy and mentally ill.

In my opinion, euthanasia should be a human right and should be readily available for those who want it. None of us chose to be born, we didn't choose to live. Our looks, genetics, family, health, intelligence and so on - we had no choice over any of those things. Having the choice to end our own lives peacefully makes a hell of a lot more sense than having our suffering prolonged out of "compassion" and "hope".
Lack of control will lead to individualistic rationalization of suicide, in fact, morals are determined by society, and euthanasia isn't beneficial or profitable to them because if it is, then they won't ask for permission to kill people. Take the Nazis as an example.

B

botanist_dude

Apr 29, 2024

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if you go to a hospital and say "look, you can take my organs if you just let me die in peace". I know they legally can't allow to do that, but you just kill yourself on the spot. What would happen?